Dragon races in Suikoden V?

Closed with the JP release. Use the respective Plot/Setting and Gameplay forums, now.
Jake Johnson

Dragon races in Suikoden V?

Post by Jake Johnson »

I just saw a preview video for Suikoden V on IGN.

In part of it, it appeared that some people (loose term - remember this Suikoden) were racing on dragons!

If you racing is a part of the game, I'd like it - just don't make it too much like horse racing in Ocarina of Time...

Also, if you can wager on these races, I'd like it too!
Wraith

Re: Dragon races in Suikoden V?

Post by Wraith »

Jake Johnson wrote:I just saw a preview video for Suikoden V on IGN.

In part of it, it appeared that some people (loose term - remember this Suikoden) were racing on dragons!

If you racing is a part of the game, I'd like it - just don't make it too much like horse racing in Ocarina of Time...

Also, if you can wager on these races, I'd like it too!
Those 'dragons' can also apparently walk on water and are probably War Mounts instead of Race mounts. There are at least 2 recruitable Dragon riders in the game and probably 1 recruitable dragon.
RageRune

Post by RageRune »

They're called dragonhorses in the game. From the looks of the trailer, they're probably the same as mounts you could use in Suiko3 and Suiko Tactics or there part of the Falanean military. And as Wraith mentioned, there's two that could be SODs (they're on the Japanese CD cover).

Your idea does sound cool though, so maybe drgaonhorse racing could be a mini-game or something.
Dark Fox

Post by Dark Fox »

Well i think Dragons are in Suikoden V, at the start of the Suikoden V website there is that image with some of the SODs on it. Look to the top right and you'll see a man that looks like Aldo on top of a Bright looking dragon.
"I, Dark Fox have been commanded to hunt fugitives from the law!"
Lemmy Claypool

Post by Lemmy Claypool »

That's a dragonhorse.
patapi
Forum Moderator

Post by patapi »

That's how the Japanese word for those mounts would be directly translated, but I doubt that it'll remain intact in the official translation. Case in point: Tactics' Kangacorns.
Yuki Tenkai

Post by Yuki Tenkai »

I wouldn't be suprised to see a racing minigame, like in Suikoden 3. although, I didn't like that minigame as much...especially with Fubar..
"And as for the the end of the World, you need not worry. No one should worry about such a thing right now..."
-Leknaat, Suikoden IV
pesmerga786

Post by pesmerga786 »

wow, that would be fun, it could be like chocobo racing from FF7. we could get prizes and stuff, man Suikoden 5 is looking awesome ......to me