Importing save game data

Closed with the JP release. Use the respective Plot/Setting and Gameplay forums, now.
ShardStar

Importing save game data

Post by ShardStar »

If they include this option with S5, which games save data do you think they will use? I know most likely it won't be S3, but would it be SIV or Suikoden Tatics?
KoyuRedd

Post by KoyuRedd »

I'll go with SI/II, since they're closest to the timeline (I think)
[evil laugh here]
Raww Le Klueze
Global Admin

Post by Raww Le Klueze »

KoyuRedd wrote:I'll go with SI/II, since they're closest to the timeline (I think)
You're suggesting that we'll be loading info from events that haven't happened yet? Why am I doubtful?
Angelis_Taleria
Elite Member

Post by Angelis_Taleria »

I'm doubting there'll be the option to upload data. I'm leaning more towards Konami's new trend of New Game+.
I hope everything is going delicious.
ShardStar

Post by ShardStar »

True enough, though Rhapsodia allowed SIV save data to be imported thus why I though perhaps they would do the same for S5 and using SIV or Rhapsodia save data.
Angelis_Taleria
Elite Member

Post by Angelis_Taleria »

Well that's understandable considering how Rhapsodia and Suikoden IV are intertwined. Not to mention there isn't that 100+ year gap.
I hope everything is going delicious.
happyfatball

Post by happyfatball »

they could still bring back lezlo?
son_michael

Post by son_michael »

since lazlo is a bearer of 1 of the 27 true runes, he will be alive forever and since suikoden 5 takes place 100 or so years after 4, lazlo could be doing anything, so its deffinetley a possibility for him to be in future suikoden games,although its very unlikely
Basel

Post by Basel »

Angelis_Taleria wrote:I'm doubting there'll be the option to upload data. I'm leaning more towards Konami's new trend of New Game+.
I agree with you.
happyfatball wrote:they could still bring back lezlo?
Or it could be Ted again :roll:
"The real issue is not TALENT as an independent element, but talent in relationship to WILL, DESIRE, AND PERSISTENCE. Talent without these things VANISHES and even modest talent with those characteristics GROWS..." -Milton Glaser
ShardStar

Post by ShardStar »

If they do bring back Ted, hopefully it will be a bigger part of the story. It was almost like he was just there for the fun of it, though I didn't mind him being there. Certainly made SIV more fun at any rate.
Lemmy Claypool

Post by Lemmy Claypool »

Ted will be in the SME by this point.
ShardStar

Post by ShardStar »

Yes he would your right, he'd be adopted by Teo by now. *nod*
Yuki Tenkai

Post by Yuki Tenkai »

Yeah...it would be difficult for him to get from SME to Falena back to SME between the years of IS 446 (Succession War) to IS 453 (Gate Rune War). Although, it wouldn't be hard for Lazlo to get to Falena in 150 years..especially because it's not that far from the Island Nations anyway.
"And as for the the end of the World, you need not worry. No one should worry about such a thing right now..."
-Leknaat, Suikoden IV
Ezekiel

Post by Ezekiel »

Maybe you will load from 4, and get a few references or new items, something small like that. Im hoping for new game+ tho
"Your father's dead....he passed in his sleep.
And I woke to the sounds of her crying."

-The Light & The Glass