Sun, Dawn, Dusk, Night.

Closed with the JP release. Use the respective Plot/Setting and Gameplay forums, now.
Yuki Tenkai

Sun, Dawn, Dusk, Night.

Post by Yuki Tenkai »

Is there any way that the Dusk rune could be part of the Night rune, and the Dawn rune could be part of the Sun rune? I wanted to collect all speculations of these runes in one place, rather than looking all over for for pieces of info. Also, is the Night rune going to be in this game? I can't imagine why Konami would make a new rune (or several, in fact) that seem like they have to do with the Night rune, when they don't. There HAS to be a connection!
"And as for the the end of the World, you need not worry. No one should worry about such a thing right now..."
-Leknaat, Suikoden IV
demon eye

Post by demon eye »

Those True Runes (Sun, Dusk, and Dawn) are said to be 3 new True Runes to be introduced to the series. Also, the Dusk and Dawn True Runes are related to the Sun Rune and not the Night Rune. This has been stated several times I believe. So, they aren't making new True Runes related to one that already exist, but even if it was true I wouldn't see a problem with that because they did it before. Blue Moon Rune is directly related to the Night Rune.
Lemmy Claypool

Post by Lemmy Claypool »

demon eye wrote:Also, the Dusk and Dawn True Runes are related to the Sun Rune and not the Night Rune. This has been stated several times I believe.
Do you have a source for that? It's just I'm pretty sure that's just speculation and assumption on our (the fans') part.
demon eye

Post by demon eye »

Yes, I do have a source:
From Sars @ suikox.com:

In the game, the Rune of Dawn and Rune of Dusk are described as being the "support" for the Sun Rune, and that they are subservient to its power. These two runes may not be True Runes in that case, but simply very powerful incarnations (much like the Darkness Rune).

Source: Gensui Shinsho
Gensui Shinsho's sources are said to be incredibly credible by Sars himslef. Please correct me if I have misquoted anywhere.
Lemmy Claypool

Post by Lemmy Claypool »

Ah yes, I remember reading about that myself, just completely forgot. Sorry about that, my mistake. >_<
demon eye

Post by demon eye »

No problemo
Yuki Tenkai

Post by Yuki Tenkai »

Are the Sun rune and Night rune connected somehow?
"And as for the the end of the World, you need not worry. No one should worry about such a thing right now..."
-Leknaat, Suikoden IV
Jowy Atreides

Post by Jowy Atreides »

As of right now, we simply aren't sure.
Yuki Tenkai

Post by Yuki Tenkai »

I think it should be, and it would make sense.
-Leknaat, Suikoden IV
demon eye

Post by demon eye »

Well, it's possible, but then again the Night Rune is already directly connected to two other True Runes (Gate Rune and Blue Moon Rune) based on its powers over the creatures of the night which include vampires and monsters from the World of Endless Nights which the Gate Rune summons monsters from. So, who knows? It certainly seems plausible and possible. I would like that very much actually. I had a tree actually drawn for that exact purpose and it goes like this:

Dawn-->Sun-->Dusk-->Night

I think a connection is most certainly possible.
MatildaWhiteKnightLeader

Post by MatildaWhiteKnightLeader »

Cause the Sun controls when dawn and dusk of the day are.
Strategy is the key to victory!
LGM

Post by LGM »

Wouldn't the opposite to the sun rune be the moon rune anyway?

The night rune would be opposed by a day rune logically.
Doo-Doo-D-Doo, Doody-Doody-Doody-D-Do....
Yuki Tenkai

Post by Yuki Tenkai »

It could be very possible that the dawn and dusk runes are actually two halves of a rune called "The Day Rune", which would oppose the Night rune, obviously. then the Sun rune would oppose the Blue Moon rune. But, Konami only confirmed three new runes, so that theory would be out the window for THIS game, but it could be a plot for future games.
-Leknaat, Suikoden IV
Wraith

Post by Wraith »

OMG I have alot of catching up to do :shock:
MatildaWhiteKnightLeader

Post by MatildaWhiteKnightLeader »

don't worry Wraith, we're talking about a game that isn't going to come out for another ohhh 4 months..
Strategy is the key to victory!