Technological Advancements

Detailed hypotheses for, and analysis of, the events transpiring during the Suikoden games
demon eye

Post by demon eye »

That is correct. It is a tidbit mentioned from the Suikoden 1 and 2 sourcebook. Gadget's GPS system can even store the names and locations of people it meets. It's nothing too special, but it's still quite advanced.
YuberClone

Post by YuberClone »

but where did the satelittes come from? Perhaps the Cyndar were a highly technological society! Or perhaps, like Harry Potter, the world of suikoden has magical equivalent procedures for doing highly technical tasks, magically put satelites in orbit... who knows?

However on the matter of rune cannons, technology isn't all spanning, even in our world. technology tends to grow as a neccessity(often due to needs of warfare). there are still places in our world where people hunt with spears!

The Liberation war, the Dunan Unification War and the Second fire bringer war weren't naval battles. It could be that they knew of Rune Cannons and didn't need them, want them or possibly couldn't afford them.
Suiko4, wasn't the best in the series, but other franchises have done worse. Remember Final Fantasy Mystic Quest??
RageRune

Post by RageRune »

The Liberation war, the Dunan Unification War and the Second fire bringer war weren't naval battles. It could be that they knew of Rune Cannons and didn't need them, want them or possibly couldn't afford them.
True, but still I find it odd that Rune Cannons were'nt invented for use on land. Just more speculation that Rune Cannon tecnology ended after Suiko4.
LillyXChris

Post by LillyXChris »

In Suiko4, Pablo said something about Warlock and said "Rune Cannons would never have existed without him!"

So i'm predicting rune cannons were really made by Warlock.
Just a theory
Just think about it. Someone might be writing a Kingdom Hearts 2/Pretty Cure x-over right now. That someone is me.

Now playing POTC At World's End
Nozomi Yumehara and Darkside Dream... Miko (Princess) Yumehara
Sisters (Yes Precure 5/Precure X-over)
True Wind Bearer

Post by True Wind Bearer »

(theory)
Or maybe someone else made it, but it was way too crude to use so Warlock made the safe; modified them.
YuberClone

Post by YuberClone »

who knows after konami is done making prequels, maybe 1 and 2 will be remade in 3d, and including rune cannons... who knows?
Suiko4, wasn't the best in the series, but other franchises have done worse. Remember Final Fantasy Mystic Quest??
Wraith

Post by Wraith »

who knows after konami is done making prequels, maybe 1 and 2 will be remade in 3d, and including rune cannons... who knows?
Not probable. Ans also If they remake S1and2 they won't and should not make it in 3D.The only thing I want to see in a S2 remake is Jowy's point of view.

We forgot somthing.Dwarves have the Burning Mirror and that wind cannon or somthing.And also, if there where Rune cannons why arn't there any normal cannons???IT would make Strategy War combat thingy more interesting...
DivineDragoonKain

Post by DivineDragoonKain »

Those satellites are probably something like a barrel with a magnet and Thunder rune in it, though.
Angelis_Taleria
Elite Member

Post by Angelis_Taleria »

DivineDragoonKain wrote:Those satellites are probably something like a barrel with a magnet and Thunder rune in it, though.
I doubt it since Gadget is able to locate himself with the satelitte then there is a bit of advanced science put into them.

The Suikoden world is quite advanced once you think about it. Just look at all the things they have(the dwarves especially) Not to mention, you did have a motor boat in S1. :P
I hope everything is going delicious.
Wraith

Post by Wraith »

And they also have a motor boat in s3 when you go to the Duck Village.
koriand'r

Post by koriand'r »

I find it unlikely that rune cannons would become 'forgotten' technology and could never be revived again. Were now able to recreate mostly the greek fire weapon technquie and that was a 'forgotten' technology by our standards. So far in all the current suiko games till IV there has been no real need for naval warfare. I think they will make a return once more will the runic cannons.
Angelis_Taleria
Elite Member

The reason no one else has attempted to re-create Rune Cannons is due to the nasty side effect.
BlackRain

Post by BlackRain »

Well, we haven't seen the Suikoden world in it's entirety... Harmonia could be far more advanced than they appear to be, or there could be other continents(like there aren't already enough...) that are even more advanced.

Though, then you have to think, why didn't they just spread out across the rest of the world, rather than isolate themselves...
Angelis_Taleria
Elite Member

Just wait and play Rhapsodia and you'll see why they weren't so popular.