5 things that suiko V needs.

Closed with the JP release. Use the respective Plot/Setting and Gameplay forums, now.
zionprophecy

Post by zionprophecy »

hmmmm you make a very good point. sorry im just really excited for this game. I only play socom online and suikoden, those are my games. so when a new one comes out i usually buy it regardless. As it looks so far in the vid, i think they got a winner (compared to 4 that is :wink: ) haha
I never said a word to my wife until i said yes to a divorce.
koriand'r

Post by koriand'r »

1: A war system that actually is challenging.

2: Less sea more Land (Somting that SIV made me annoyed about espacilly with the two second a time random battle thing)

3: Have a strategist that isn't a silverburg for once (Surely the silverburgs aren't the only strategist elite that have had a influnce on almost every recorded militry conflict in history so far?) But then if a silvervurg does come then it maybe either Leon or perhaps the often speculated younger brother of mathiu and Odessa silverburg.

4: Luc to return (makes sense really since he's still an apprentice)

And that's all I can think of.
zionprophecy

Post by zionprophecy »

i kinda liked the sea, but the islands were to far apart, so you had long travel times. suikoden 1 had a great idear for sea though where you went to big continents....that was pretty cool.
I just want it to come out soon, i've ran out of RPG's to play and well suikodens abvout the only series that intrigues me at all.
I never said a word to my wife until i said yes to a divorce.
Tyrantblade

Post by Tyrantblade »

Five things the game needs? I'll give you five fantastic ideas:

1: A
2: Release
3: In
4: Europe
5: Uh......please?

That's all I need. Come on Konami, don't let me down!
Irish people play games too. We just do it while drinking stout and talking to our pet leprechauns, that's all.
darkness knight

hmm

Post by darkness knight »

1.- I want the dragk knights they were absolutely cool (futch)
2.- the battle system like in suikoden 2 but more soldiers
3.-the old heroes from the first suikoden games 1-2 id love to see them again
4.-a castle within a town just like matilda
5.-pesmerga and yuber substory
Thë®ë å®ë ÞëøÞlë whø ƒølløw thëî® d®ëåm§...ßüt tø më d®ëåm§ å®ë d®ëåm§..nøthîng mø®ë
son_michael

Post by son_michael »

were actually getting the suikoden 2 battle system with bonus formations!
Angelis_Taleria
Elite Member

Post by Angelis_Taleria »

son_michael wrote:were actually getting the suikoden 2 battle system with bonus formations!
I think he was referring to the major battles thus his more soldiers wish.
I hope everything is going delicious.
darkness knight

hmm

Post by darkness knight »

yeah im talking about the major battles but the normal party too,suikoden 2 gives you more freedom over the units,as for the 6 party members that would be better to have it back too!!
Thë®ë å®ë ÞëøÞlë whø ƒølløw thëî® d®ëåm§...ßüt tø më d®ëåm§ å®ë d®ëåm§..nøthîng mø®ë
Angelis_Taleria
Elite Member

Post by Angelis_Taleria »

the 6 member party battles are back.
I hope everything is going delicious.
killey

Post by killey »

More Dialogue Choices!

When I first played through IV I didn't notice this, but then I replayed Suikoden II and I realised just how many choices you could make compared to IV especially in the beginning of II. Sure most of them are unimportant but it still makes the game more interesting like the one where Rowd asks if you have any last words and you can call him a jerk and there are plenty of others. The best IV had and the only one I remember was saying you were Schtolteheim Reinbach to Schtolteheim Reinbach.
True Wind Bearer

Post by True Wind Bearer »

I agree, Suikoden V should have more dialogue choices. Maybe some that will make me laugh such as in Suikoden I where Gremio goes to extreme measures to get through the Fortress of Kwaba. Tir then has the choice of saying "Unforgivable!". Off topic, I know. Don't mind me.
et3rnal

Post by et3rnal »

From these videos suikoden 5 looks more impressive then tactics going back to the roots anyone?

sorry wrong forum
Even at his most powerless mans existance is never without meaning...
kluff

suikofanls spite

Post by kluff »

sori to sound like a broken record, but i believe that suikoden got ruined when it was created in 3d, the 2d suikodens were awesome, less programing means that there was more for storyline plot character depth, and plenty of sidequests, although i first played suikoden 3 i believe that 2 is the best one ever created, sori of topic, anyway S5 should be remade in 2d with some aspects of 3d, Such as a popular new game called Atelier Iris (PS2) which is long, slightly predictable but with alot of character depth, for rpgs to compete in the 3d world need to have physics engines, lighting, realistic animations, but all to de distracted from the stroyline, 3d is mainly for FPS, and actions game where u dont need to focus on anything but cool graphics, shooting and finishing the game.... suiko 5 should worri about the art and story and definetly charater depth. not the peer presure of competitors, onli to advance one way ...visauly... :lol:
killey

Post by killey »

Hey another Aussie, we're multiplying like rabits here! (4 Aussies posting in a row!)

I've felt that the 3d Suikodens haven't been as good as the 2d ones but although my initial reaction is to place the blame on the graphics, I know that there are other reasons and that they can fix those things in S5 without going back to 2d graphics. Suikoden III had the problem of not seeming like a full on war like SI and II did, while IV had the same problem it was dwarfed by the lack of character development for anyone but Snowe. The only way a future suikoden will be similar to SI/II is if they start using cel shading like in Tactics. Mind you one of my favourite parts in IV was the anime like full body character pic on their stats page/SoD list and seeing the 2d graphic when it was loading.

Also the custom movements 2d graphics allowed in SII was cool: Riou swinging his tonfas, collapsing to the ground and others that happened during heavy spoiler scenes.

I also thought Atelier Iris was a good game, not that it compares to Suikoden.
kluff

Post by kluff »

im currently studing for a diploma in games design and i definetly a massive suiko fan but i still cant help but feel that 3d suikos were so generic, it had no atmosphere, textures were boring so was the colour system was pretty dull (in S4 not S3). it felt like i was playing a rushed, thin rpg... things are repetive.... maybe im just a 2d nut :D
although i liked S3 was much better becuase it was cartoon like, in 4 they tried to realistically scale them, which was a pretty lame modeling job, let alone the animation, i guess the full images in the sod tablet was pretty good, we need to make it harder to collect all the characters in s5, WHY? becuase i dont want to play suiko the first time and collect everythin so that i will never play it again!!!!!! :lol: