What will the army battles be like?

A forum for people who have played the game concerning the Sun Rune War to answer gameplay questions.
PesmergaMan

What will the army battles be like?

Post by PesmergaMan »

I'm not sure if this is already a topic but i was just wondering if any 1 has any clue on what the large army battle will be like if they put it in V. Personally i liked the first suikoden's amy battles and II's was good was just tell me what u think. :D
Black Knight Yuber

Post by Black Knight Yuber »

It just might also be a whole new battle format altogether. I'd perfer the war battles of Suikoden III. Having each character move onto the same circle/spot, where as the others if one of you best attackers was trapped he couldn't move, until the others moved out of the way (regardless of archers, mages, etc.) Though in III, once the leader died the whole group lost. Maybe a combo of I, II, III, IV war battles¿
Tuna Hematoma

Post by Tuna Hematoma »

I would like to see a Dynasty Warrior/Kingdom Under Fire type of major battles... but I have no idea how that would work for Suikoden. I just like those games, haha
Pessy

Post by Pessy »

In my opinion, I belive that we can use those dragonhorses. They can walk on water and land. So i guess there will be both naivel and land war battles.
Loner Prime

Post by Loner Prime »

Truth is, right now we don't have a clue about what major battles will look like.

As for me, i'd like to see both S1 or S2 style major battles... I guess we'll know soon enough (hope so...)
Lemmy Claypool

Post by Lemmy Claypool »

I doubt Konami will rehash an already done army battle style, seeing as how they've changed it with each game. It's one of the things I look forward to with every new Suikoden, seeing what the army battles will be like this time around.

Not that this has anything to do with the topic but they've also changed the name of the powerful attack in duels with each game aswell (Desperate Attack>Wild Attack>Deathblow>Special) so I wonder if they'll continue to change that with each passing game, too.
Crowley's_Apprentice
Banned User

Post by Crowley's_Apprentice »

Maybe they'll give us a choice in new game plus to fight in suiko1 battles, suiko2 battles, suiko3 battles, suiko4 battles, or even a dynasty warrior style battle like Tuna said.
"Giggity Giggity Giggity!!!"--Glen Quagmire
"Victory is mine!"--Stewie Griffin
"Oh that's just nastee..."--Cleveland
"...evil monkey living in my closet..."--Chris Griffin
Einlanzer

Post by Einlanzer »

Why would they even think of considering doing that?
Jowy Atreides

Post by Jowy Atreides »

Uh, why not?
czartiffac

Post by czartiffac »

Thier gonna give us options on how to do the army battle? /swt wouldn't that take a lot of space and constrict the game. lolz!

I'd like to see the Rhapsodia system(coz its looking good from the vids) be implemented in the army battle system, so we can implement army support and hopefully better terrain functions.
son_michael

Post by son_michael »

you mean you would want the army systems to like an srpg?

how could Rhapsodias combat system work with a genso suikoden?
Einlanzer

Post by Einlanzer »

Uh, why not?
Well, because it just sounds a bit too unreal for Konami to do. I'd rather they come up with a good new tactical battle system, that has a few of the same classic elements from the previous games as well. Having all those options for a single game would just be asking for too much.

I just don't like it when people demand and state things so quickly without considering, how much they are insignificant towards the production and making of the game compared to the actual development team. It's the developers that make choices on all these things, and I support them all the way. They work hard, I don't like being picky with their beautiful creations. It is made through their eyes, not ours. I wish we could all just respect that a little more and not demand so much. I am not saying EVERYONE here is that way, it's just a few posts that caught my eye.
Yuki Tenkai

Post by Yuki Tenkai »

Falena's a place with slaves and Gladiatoral arenas, right? Well, maybe Gladiator fights will be used as a new type of battle system, instead of ship battles and such. I think that would be cool.
"And as for the the end of the World, you need not worry. No one should worry about such a thing right now..."
-Leknaat, Suikoden IV
Hikusaak The Great

Post by Hikusaak The Great »

I want the war battles to be more tactical than strategic, something like Suikoden 2. I also want the war battles to have each unit or brigade on the battlefield to have stats showing how many troops are under the command of the unit leader.( For example, Hero V's "Storm Brigade" unit has about 1,000 troops under the command of Hero V. )
"War is like a game. The best nations wins, and the weak nations loses."
Kranach

Post by Kranach »

i guess they will create a new war system... but rhey do have to consider that most of the suikoden fans really like or loves the suioden II war system... they should reconsider that...