[Discussion] Member Recommended Parties with Reasoning

If you are stuck in the Flame Champion War; or wish for more details on gameplay issues, ask your questions in this forum.
Jowy Atreides

Post by Jowy Atreides »

1 Fury for each mounted pair.
Last edited by Jowy Atreides on Thu Jun 05, 2008 4:25 pm, edited 6 times in total.
highwind44029

Post by highwind44029 »

Better to give one of Hugo and Fubar either a Double-strike or a Killer Rune. Also, it would be better if you just gave Sgt. Joe a Killer or a Double-strike Rune, since you'll be using Chris as a healer anyway.
KFCrispy
Global Admin

Post by KFCrispy »

Jowy Atreides wrote:You don't need to use *Fury on both Hugo and Fubar, since equipping just one *Fury per mounted pair will affect both members of the mounted pair. In other words, equipping Hugo with *Fury will give both Hugo and Fubar bersek, although it doesn't show on-screen. The same goes if you were to equip Fubar with a *Fury, as well.
not according to my findings (but don't remember much). i think giving both of them Fury works.. or if you're right, then giving Fury to the beast only should not make the pair berserk at all (since they should be sharing the same status).
Jowy Atreides

Post by Jowy Atreides »

Statuses are shared.
Last edited by Jowy Atreides on Tue Jul 24, 2007 6:37 pm, edited 2 times in total.
KFCrispy
Global Admin

Post by KFCrispy »

i had found that Double-Strike acts on an individual basis. check out http://www.suikosource.com/phpBB3/viewtopic.php?t=838

i apparently didn't check Fury Rune though.
Yaya323

Post by Yaya323 »

1. Hugo/Fubar
(True Flame Rune)
2. Chris & Geddoe
(True Water & Lightning Rune)
3. Ace & Viki (old)
(Double Strike & Shield)

I remember thinking that Chris was a better healer than Viki coming toward the end of the battle. Because I let her (Viki) go on the offensive and had Chris heal because I had exhausted Geddoe's lightning attacks.

Maybe she's not a good main healer, but when I was afraid Viki would lose all her healing spells, Chris held the position firmly. She even brought Ace back during the middle of the battle. :)

No casualties at the end either. Hugo and Fubar were level 60, while everyone else was level 58. Not sure about Chris though, but she was able to revive a fallen party member with her rune, obviously.

They all had level 12 weapons too because I thought that was the highest they'd go until I played Luc's level.
MatildaWhiteKnightLeader

Post by MatildaWhiteKnightLeader »

I have Fury Runes on both Fubar and Hugo. Each of them has their own attacks. I think if only one of them has the Fury Rune, then only the one with the Fury Rune will have the Fury's effect on the damage. You can get through the most game with just Hugo and Fubar (their combined attack is insane even without the Fury Runes).
If both of them have the Fury Rune you'll basically only see Fubar attack and kill the enemy unless the enemy has A LOT of hp, (and then Hugo finishes it off) lol.
With Fury Rune around lvl (50-60), Fubar is doing around 1000 damage Normal per hit.

I'm gonna check this out tomorrow and also post details on my final party for the final battle (almost done with the game).
Last edited by MatildaWhiteKnightLeader on Wed Aug 17, 2005 9:47 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Strategy is the key to victory!
Clive_

Post by Clive_ »

Well i dont use the lvl 99 trick but this is the party i use.

Leo- Fury Rune
Hallec- Fury Rune (if i can get 2 :?)
Geddoe- True Lightning Rune
Hugo- True Fire Rune
Chris- True Water Rune, and the rune she already has
Sasarai- True Earth Rune, Flowing, and Pale Gate (If Lucky)

This was my final party it worked pretty well
MatildaWhiteKnightLeader

Yea i'm definitely having all the True Rune Bearers for the final party. That's a no brainer.

The question is who the 5th and 6th members are.

My 5th guy is gonna be Thomas with Cyclone (representing the Wind magic in the group).

The 6th person is yet to be determined.

Chris' other rune is Phoenix which lets her do 2x damage, but she becomes unbalanced for the next turn. So basically it becomes useless in the later stages of the game when she has swing, still useful in war battles however.
highwind44029

Post by highwind44029 »

Clive_ wrote:Hallec- Fury Rune (if i can get 2 :?)
That's unpossible. Hallec doesn't have a free rune slot.
KFCrispy
Global Admin

Post by KFCrispy »

swing is not what makes it useless, it's Chris' Heavy Damage capabilities that make Phoenix almost useless. however, it's still a 100% consistently powerful hit. i want to use Code Breaker to change it to a Sword of Magic rune.... have fun with a level A magic sword affinity.

oh so anyway, the special/command attack runes (and unites) take into account the normal damage one can deal as if they are standing a point-blank range to the enemy--ie maximum swings are included in the special attack's output even if they had to run for half a mile. so when you're fighting from a distance, it does somewhat benefit to use a command attack.
MatildaWhiteKnightLeader

highwind- Unpossible? hehe

Hallec can become beserk from his Wrath Rune anyway.

Finished the Hugo-Fubar Fury Runes experimenting and the game.

The Fury Runes stack!.

Having one on both Hugo and Fubar, Fubar did around 1200 damage to a stone golem.

Having one Fury on Hugo and NONE on Fubar, Fubar did 950-1000 on the stone golem.

Having NO fury runes on either of them, Fubar did around 657 damage to a stone golem.

So, having 1 Fury on only one of them is not the same as having a Fury Rune on BOTH of them.

My Final Party: Hugo (Fury, TrueFire) mounted on Fubar (shining wind, double-strike), Chris (permanent runes), Sgt Joe (Violence, Flowing)
Geddeo (Fury, True Lightning, Double Strike), Sasari (Pale Gate, True Earth, Flowing)

The final boss is ridiculously easy if you have people with good magic resistance and/or repel.
Also having someone casting silent lake every other turn helps.

Viewing Luc's story and then
Moving on to suikoden 4...
Angelis_Taleria
Elite Member

Post by Angelis_Taleria »

Hmm. That's rather low damage. Did you have both Fubar and Hugo's skills maxed? The reason I ask is because even now without a Fury or a Double-Strike equipped to either of them I am able to do 1200 damage to a stone golem in the final dungeon.
I hope everything is going delicious.
highwind44029

Post by highwind44029 »

I believe his experiment did not involve Double-Strike. I'm pretty sure the mounted pair would do much more damage than that with Fury/DS.
Angelis_Taleria
Elite Member

Post by Angelis_Taleria »

highwind44029 wrote:I believe his experiment did not involve Double-Strike. I'm pretty sure the mounted pair would do much more damage than that with Fury/DS.
I realized he didn't use them, I was merely trying to convey that I can do that much damage without equipping a damage modifying rune. That's why I'm curious as to whether he maximized skills or not.
I hope everything is going delicious.