Ted and Speed Rings

Ask any questions about the gameplay system within the Island Nation Wars here.
Kohza

Ted and Speed Rings

Post by Kohza »

How many rings are recommended for Ted to have equipped?

(Btw what does 'MGC' stand for?)

- Thank you in advance.
Jowy Atreides

Post by Jowy Atreides »

Ted doesn't really need Speed Rings that badly, since he's already pretty fast. Most people would probably use one or two. Personally, I used three, but that's just because I like uber fast characters. Magic Rings are good for Ted as well, since he's tied with Warlock as best mage of Suikoden Four.

MGC stands for Magic. These's lots of these, such as ATK for Attack and MDEF for Magic Defense.
Kohza

Post by Kohza »

Ah, thank you. I always thought it would of been MAG so that's why I got confused.

On the magic points guide it displays:

175 MGC - 9/7/4/2

My Ted has 176 MGC (Magic) and is level 53. But he only has 9/6/3/2..?
KFCrispy
Global Admin

Post by KFCrispy »

is he wearing any magic-boosting equipment?
Kohza

Post by Kohza »

Haha! Sorry about that. He actualy is wearing magic boosting equipment. :oops:

Thank you. :)
Magus

Post by Magus »

Jeane is a little better as a mage than Ted and Warlock, at least if you're referring to their MAG attribute.
Jowy Atreides

Post by Jowy Atreides »

Since the game determines how much every stat will go up when someone levels up it really depends on everyone's personal play-through. Ted, Jeane, Maxine and Warlock all have the same growth, but they will probably end up with a different rating for their MAG atribute. Although Jeane MAG might've been better than Ted and Warlock's in your personal play-through that is not necessarily true in everyone's game.
Blue Thunder

Post by Blue Thunder »

And then you should take speed into account, since speed is essential to a spellcaster. I would say Ted is the best spellcaster on the basis that he can also work as a decent fighter and has good speed, but his runic affinities don't max out with any elements like those of other characters (Warlock, Jeane, Maxine, Conrad, Lo Fong, to name a few).
~Blue Thunder~
Siel Avadon

Post by Siel Avadon »

Lo Fong? Wizard?!

Well, Where can I see which runes to work great with? Like in the old suikoden it was a A+ B and so on system right?

My Ted is lvl 54 and with a 185 in magic.
Jeane, The Marilyn Monroe of Suikoden.
highwind44029

Post by highwind44029 »

Siel Avadon wrote:Lo Fong? Wizard?!
Lo Fong has a "4" affinity (4 being the highest, 1 being lowest) to Earth and Water if I'm not mistaken. She's one of the best mages in my opinion since she's as fast as Mizuki.

Ted has a "3" affinity in all elements.

That information is according to some guide, so I'm not sure if it's accurate.
Siel Avadon

Post by Siel Avadon »

highwind44029 wrote:
Lo Fong has a "4" affinity (4 being the highest, 1 being lowest) to Earth and Water if I'm not mistaken. She's one of the best mages in my opinion since she's as fast as Mizuki.

Wad Wadd awhat! :shock: Damn, And I Though the real mages with rods and wands was the best one's!
Jeane, The Marilyn Monroe of Suikoden.
highwind44029

Post by highwind44029 »

Siel Avadon wrote:
highwind44029 wrote:

Wad Wadd awhat! :shock: Damn, And I Though the real mages with rods and wands was the best one's!
All affinities are in this page: http://www.suikosource.com/games/gs4/gu ... nities.php

I don't know whether it's confirmed or not. I don't have my Suikoden IV disc either (my friend forgot to bring it, grrr...) so I couldn't test it.

Edit: Oh yeah, there's this thread too for more info: http://www.suikosource.com/phpBB2/viewt ... 69&start=0