The Goat-like Craeture Race???

Closed with the release.
CrimsonKilley

The Goat-like Craeture Race???

Post by CrimsonKilley »

Hmm... that goat-like girl can be a satyr, just like the race found in Greek and Roman myths. It's the name of the race of woodland deities that you can read in mythology.
Last edited by CrimsonKilley on Sat Aug 13, 2005 2:53 am, edited 1 time in total.
Arenegeth

Post by Arenegeth »

The name of the Goat Girl is Yohn and she is a summoned "familiar" from another dimension.

She was summoned by Kyril's father apparently for a reason relating to death since she can hear the voices of the dead.

So she is not a Satyr exactly Satyr's were known as mischievous, deceiving and generally evil and always male.

And she is not a new race, since she is the only one of her kind in the world (unless someone else summoned one of their kind but you will not find a village full of them), and we are not sure that from where she was summoned there others like her.
”I am ye who walks his own path and thus I walk alone”
~Arenegeth~
Hxc Flavor

Post by Hxc Flavor »

Satyrs are half man, half goat. They are like Arenegeth said, mischievous and troublesome. I wouldn't go so far as to say they are evil. Satyrs basically followed around Dionysus and got drunk and felt up the wood nymphs. This girl just looks like a normal person with horns. Thats not what a satyr is.
"I'd be happy to demonstrate its sharpness on your neck."
CrimsonKilley

Post by CrimsonKilley »

Ive seen a full body picture of that girl in a site (just forgot the link) and she is having a goat's hoof. There is also a young girl, probably a mage, cause she uses a magic staff.

Hmm.. Im gonna find that site again just for proof.
Chris_Lightfellow

Post by Chris_Lightfellow »

Since there seems to be some confusion as to what a satyr is:
The satyrs were nature spirits, serving as the perosnification of fertility and sexual desire. Though originally portrayed as looking like mortal men, they later resembled Pan in physique, having a man's torso and face, but with horns, and the legs and feet of goats.....They were known for their mischievous behavior and a blatant sexual desire.
EDIT: Sorry about that other one. Didn't mean to double post. Please delete it.
And if I saw you dancing, I would spin you around, spin you around, turn your world upside down

Not sure about something? Check the board rules!
RageRune

Post by RageRune »

The name of the Goat Girl is Yohn and she is a summoned "familiar" from another dimension.
Could that be why some people are speculating that this Goat Girl could be Sarah from Suiko3?
demon eye

Post by demon eye »

I don't know how that could be a speculation based on the fact that Sarah from Suikoden 3 is not a familiar, a summoned creature, or from a different world or plane in the slightest.
Angelis_Taleria
Elite Member

Post by Angelis_Taleria »

No one speculated she was Sarah. Someone simply said that she looked like Sarah and I swear KFCrispy said that's how these n00b rumors start. Ha, she has no relation with Sarah from Suikoden 3 as far as we know and I doubt she will.
I hope everything is going delicious.
Rune

Post by Rune »

We already know Sarah was born as a human child in Harmonia, but Yohn could be like a great-grandmother or something. Of course, how they would make this clear in the game is a mystery (seeing that this game is set before S3).
Hash

Post by Hash »

More importantly, is Yohn male or female? I thought first that it was a little girl, but I'm not sure anymore. Could be a girly-looking young boy. Or do they refer to "it" as a he?
dragonmasterx
Elite Member

Post by dragonmasterx »

Does anyone have a Japanese link that specifically says Yohn's a girl? The little entry about Yohn on Konami's main site mentions nothing about his/her sex.
Arenegeth

Post by Arenegeth »

SARS said that the voice actor listed for Yohn is the same used for one of OZ's female characters, so we can safely assume the character is female in presentation at least, of course if "she" officially turns sexless like Yuber that is another thing, I never heard anyone calling Yuber "it".
”I am ye who walks his own path and thus I walk alone”
~Arenegeth~