Official Rhapsodia Info

Closed with the release.
Genso

Official Rhapsodia Info

Post by Genso »

This topic exists solely to give known facts about Rhapsodia, please do not speculate on its contents here; do so in another topic. Also do not ask questions about missing content: if it is known it will be displayed here, if it is not then you'll have to wait or can speculate about possibilities in another topic.
However, if you have verifiable information about Rhapsodia that is not in this topic then feel free to mention it with its source and we will investigate.
Also if you feel that something in this topic is not clear as to its meaning then please ask us to reword it to make it clearer.

Official Rhapsodia Site located at http://www.konami.jp/gs/game/rhapsodia/

The top page is the only thing available at this time, unfortuantely.

The only known publication with Rhapsodia info can be found in the newest Weekly Shonen Jump that was released on June 13th.

More info to be posted here as the official site get updated.
Genso

Post by Genso »

From the article, the following are confirmed:

The planned release date is Fall 2005
Console: PS2
Genre: SRPG

Gameplay:
Return of the Skill System
Rune Magic
Combos
Voice Acting

New Characters:
Kyril
Andarc
Seneca

Returning Characters:
Lino
Kika
Hervey
Akaghi
Mizuki
Keneth

Story:
From the current screenshots, it can be determined that those take place after Suikoden IV and there is no other info to confirm if some parts of the game will take place before or during Suikoden IV.

Rune Cannons will be a key part of the story

In the article, they do mention that untouched stories of the past and the future of Suikoden IV will be elaborated on but what that entails to is unknown.
Last edited by Genso on Thu Jun 16, 2005 2:22 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Genso

Post by Genso »

Very slight update on the main site, but the June 21st V Jump is planned to contain Rhapsodia info. V Jump is probably hard to get ouside of Japan since it's a spin off publication of Jump. They didn't indicate if it would be the same info as the one in Jump or full of new info.
dragonmasterx
Elite Member

Site Update

Post by dragonmasterx »

Using Suikoden IV as the base of the world overview, Rhapsodia expands upon that to tell a new tale. The untold past and future, will now be woven through Kyle's saga.

The curtain rises on Kyril and his friends' exploits in pursuing the mass destructive rune cannon.

Kyril
Since childhood, Kyril has been on a journey with his father and his acquaintances. Being scrupulous, he is not the type of person to leave behind others in distress. He skillfully wields a double-edged blade.
voice:

Andarc
A youngster traveling with Kyril's entourage. He is overly serious and often broods over random things, making the people around him worry. Both Andarc and Seneca serve as Kyril's father's subordinates.
voice:

Seneca
Traveling with Kyril, a woman of firm disposition. Seneca is like a sister to Kyril. In depressing and even distasteful situations, Seneca lightens up the atmosphere.
voice: Saiga Mitsuki
Last edited by dragonmasterx on Wed Jun 22, 2005 9:01 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Genso

Post by Genso »

Thank you, dragonmasterx, for translating the recently updated section of the official site.

The site has also been updated with 4 screenshots. (Located at the Screenshot link not surprisingly)

The System link is there, but won't link to anything.

The rating of the game is "CERO 12" meaning that it is recommended for people over the age of 12 to play.
Pesmerga

Post by Pesmerga »

Here is some new info and a few new pics of Rhapsodia courtesy of Game Watch :)

http://www.watch.impress.co.jp/game/doc ... 4/rhap.htm
Richmond: "I'm still not sure what kind of a creature he is. Some people say he's just a
shadow from another existence."

Pesmerga: "Hmmm. I thought that if I pursued Neclord, I'd run into Yuber."
KFCrispy
Global Admin

Post by KFCrispy »

in the above site, what is the lower right screen shot? can anyone translate the menu? it looks like the type of menu you get for RPGs where when you visit a location, you get a picture of the town as a background and a menu for shopping and whatever instead of actually running around in it
patapi
Forum Moderator

Post by patapi »

From the top, I see "Item Shop", "Armoury", "Rune Sage", "Caravan" and "Exit". But my Japanese is as bad as my English, so someone else might be able to confirm the list.

That reminds me of Card Stories' menu-based shopping. No visiting town on your own, it seems.
Genso

Post by Genso »

Patapi is right. It does remind me of the Card Stories menu as well where you don't walk around and click on the place that you want to go to when you enter a town.

The second one from the top is the blacksmith shop.
crutingly

Post by crutingly »

Damn. I translated the whole characters section only to disconver that Dragonmaster had beat me to it... Oh well, I'll post my translation for the "About" section.

"In a dark place, a book was once opened. This is what it said....
I would like to tell you about one living being. This being posessed a very special and powerful 'maryoku' (mysterious charm). The charm had the pwer to control other beings. People became suspicious of the being and it was said that the charm posessed the power of the devil. People persued the being and attempted to kill it. That was 7 years ago, before the war. Now, a strange event is about to occur in the back street of a small town...."

That's all I could get out of it. Sorry it doesn't provide any more and also sorry my Japanese sucks. Anyway, I'll try to keep up with the posts on the site.
Pesmerga

Post by Pesmerga »

The site was updated today
http://www.konami.jp/gs/game/rhapsodia/
Has a new layout with a little flash opening, has a prologue, characters have mini battle animations to gaze at, and you can d/l a music track and banners :)
Richmond: "I'm still not sure what kind of a creature he is. Some people say he's just a

dragonmasterx
Elite Member

Post by dragonmasterx »

The downloadable song is called 戦いの幕開け, or "curtain opening over battle." The filename "HENSEI" means "organization." I suppose it'll be the track played during battle formation.
Pesmerga

Post by Pesmerga »

Here is new Rhapsodia info, art, and pics courtesy of itmedia

http://www.itmedia.co.jp/games/articles ... ws041.html

Destiny's Warrior

Post by Destiny's Warrior »

I see Dario and Trishtan (im not sure if it is him) are also making a return. Sorry if most of you already know this. :oops: :oops:

Dario
http://www.watch.impress.co.jp/game/doc ... rhap04.htm

Trishtan
http://www.watch.impress.co.jp/game/doc ... rhap11.htm

I also heard over at Suikox that HeroIV and Snowe make an appearence.
"It's called 'Sex Panther' by Odeon... It's illegal in 9 countries... Yep, it's made with real bits of panther so you know it's good."

"Are we about to get it on, 'cause i'm as hard as diamond in an ice storm..."
dragonmasterx
Elite Member

Post by dragonmasterx »

The site's system tab has been updated with:

協力攻撃    unite attacks - initiate a talk between specific characters to use
支援アクション support action - characters with high relationship rating with each other can guard each other.
ふきだし I'm not sure what "fukidashi" is, but this is what I gather from the description. Depending on what actions you take in battle; you can tell certain things at a glance, without checking enemies' status, like if they are weak or will counterattack. There is some special dialogue belonging to only certain characters. Finding these should be interesting.

EDIT: "fukidashi" means gushing, spurting, or spouting, of emotion in this case.

The two new characters:
Corselia - She ends up traveling with Kyril after bumping into him. Usually, Corselia is docile and posseses a strong will. She experiences much in traveling with Kyril's group, and gradually matures.

Yohn:
A shadowy figure acting in concert with Kyril's entourage. Since he wields the special ability of responding to the undead, Kyril's father brings him along as a familiar.
Last edited by dragonmasterx on Thu Aug 04, 2005 6:58 am, edited 1 time in total.