Fathers

Ask questions about the personality and backstory of the multitude of characters in the Suikoden series.
Rai-Jin

Post by Rai-Jin »

i thought about thatm too...i mean rina and eilie could be karayan theres a high possibility if they could have black hair (rina and eilie are grasslanders as we all know and they happen to have a dark skin color)

it cant be someone unkown konami stated that hugos father is someone "we got introduced to" already
bla
silvershadow27

Post by silvershadow27 »

Good Fathers continued! Ridley + Boris ( cool, I liked that relationship! ), Wyatt + Chris was interesting but pretty tragic, best by far with a lot of closeness the En Kuldes family.
2005 NLE CHAMPS- THE MIGHTY MARLINS!

mail me! silverphoenix741@yahoo.com
Toon Maha Vailo

Post by Toon Maha Vailo »

Hmm, from playing 1, 2 and 4 I think my list of good fathers I can remember would be:

Teo McDohl, though he's strict at times. I'll have to play the game again to give more reasons. He just gives me that impression.

Kiba Windamier. Probably my favourite. That and he asked Shu to teach his son, though Klaus will probably end up bald :)

Genkaku - he was considered as Nanami's and the Hero's father, right? He gave them spunk and morals.

Lino En Kuldes.
demon eye

Post by demon eye »

Lino En Kuldes cannot be a good father. I'm sorry, he could not even recognize his own son..if Hero 4 is in fact his son. That had sort of a Wyatt Lightfellow thing going on there. I'd say Colton was a better father.

Kiba Windamier would definitely be the best father seen in the series so far. Teo McDohl seemed like a good father, but under no circumstances should a father try to kill his own son, sorry. I'd say Gremio was a good father-figure to Tir. Lepant was an okay father, but he seems to be the hands off type.
Toon Maha Vailo

Post by Toon Maha Vailo »

I agree on Kiba, though I haven't finished 4 yet and so did not see the hints. Heh, I just learnt something new. Something tells me Teo did like his son, but he loved the state/job/duty more probably. What would you do in his situation if you discovered your son was leading a rebellion against your homeland and you were in his position? I'd not have done what he did, but it's not all clear cut.
demon eye

Post by demon eye »

If I was in Teo's position, I would have sided with my son, but that's just my personality as I believe family comes before everything. My loyalty to my country comes after my loyalty to my family. It's not clear cut, but it seemed to me that he was taking the easy way out and being stubborn. Teo knew the country was being ruled in an ill-manner. If he was the man they made him out to be, he should have turned the country around himself and not blindly follow the ideals of an obviously tainted ruler. Instead, he let his son bear the load of returning his country to the path of righteousness. He let me down in his fathering role.
Chris_Lightfellow

Post by Chris_Lightfellow »

demon eye wrote:Lino En Kuldes cannot be a good father. I'm sorry, he could not even recognize his own son..if Hero 4 is in fact his son. That had sort of a Wyatt Lightfellow thing going on there. I'd say Colton was a better father.

Kiba Windamier would definitely be the best father seen in the series so far. Teo McDohl seemed like a good father, but under no circumstances should a father try to kill his own son, sorry. I'd say Gremio was a good father-figure to Tir. Lepant was an okay father, but he seems to be the hands off type.
The last time Lino had seen his son was when the kid was an infant/toddler. He wouldn't know what his son was going to look like at all. I can understand his not recognizing Hero4.

EDIT: Why doesn't the quote box ever come up when I try to use it? I click on the quote button and this is what I end up with.

EDIT 2: Uncheck the Disable BBCode in this post box.
And if I saw you dancing, I would spin you around, spin you around, turn your world upside down

Not sure about something? Check the board rules!
demon eye

Post by demon eye »

Doesn't matter if he could recognize him or not, which I find odd becuase he looks just like his wife, any person that was a father, a good father, would have the image of their young child burned into their memory. No child changes that much no matter how old they get. Plus, Hero 4 had so many featres like his wife just like I mentioned before. It's mind boggling to me how he could not put the fact that his son would be as old as Hero 4 together with the fact that he mirrors his wife together and say, well...do you have parents, you could be my son. But, that's just me.

Also, I wouldn't classify him as a good father because..hint hint..he never was a good father. Besides the fact that he could not recognize his son, yes he had not seen him in years, he still left his daughter behind when Obel fell. Hmm, is that something a good father could do? No, I don't think so. So, I say he's not a good father. That's just my opinion, though.

Wyatt Lightfellow left his family to flee for his own life, yes he felt he was protecting them, but it was not a fatherly thing to do to leave his daughter, let her think he was dead, never come to visit her and fight her. Not a good father either in my opinion.

I'd go with Ridley being a good dad, but then again we never get a good look into his relationship with his son. They do seem close, though.
Jowy Atreides

Post by Jowy Atreides »

Just something to add. Although Wyatt wouldn't classify as a good father he always regrets what he had to do to hide from the Howling Voice Guild. One of the aspects about Wyatt that intrigues me is his regret for leaving his family and how that never seems to leave his mind, ever.

It seems like Kyril will be the first hero that keeps a constant relationship with his dad.
demon eye

Post by demon eye »

Don't get me wrong, I understand Wyatt's motives for leaving and I sympathize with his regret, but we must also realize that he decides to fight against Harmonia anyway, as a Grasslander mind you, in the Second Fire Bringer War and still avoided telling his daughter he was her father until the last minute eventhough he had more than one chance to do so.

It just seemed like he copped out instead of facing his daughter like a real man. His actions ended up jeopardizing his daughter anyway, right? Hell, he sends her a memento of the Lightfellow family courtesy of a Grassland boy to further torment her!! She ended up trying to follow his legacy and was drawn into the war due to that. So, even though he believed he was helping he only caused more pain in the end. I can't say what he should or should not have done, but the fact is he decided to give up being a father which classifies him as not being a good dad. I understand his motives, but he is not a good father.

And yes, it seems like Kyril will be the only one who has a steady relationship with his dad. I mean Snowe had one, as well, but his dad was a sissy much like Agares Blight so they don't count as good fathers. I hope they try to build on a father-son relationship with this new character. It seems like Suikoden's idea of a father is a guy that is either obsessively loyal to their country, abandons their children to gamble or what ever, and one that accepts the death or alleged death of their child.
Danimaru

Post by Danimaru »

Blue Sasarai wrote:who could be hugos dad? by what lucia says about his, he was strong and brave :>
i in my stupid ness like to think that Jimba/Wyatt is hugo's father...however there is nothing to prove me right in this so i cry
Viktor_33815
Location: Wandering somewhere between the Toran Republic and The City States

Hugo's Father

Post by Viktor_33815 »

on the theroy of Hugo's father if it is someone who we have been introduced the it * could * be Viktor :shock: i mean Viktor is a sweet guy when he wants to be and Lucia is a pretty good looking women then again it probobley isn't ture so therefore i will probobley get blasted here on the boards :lol:
Flik: you look like a bear when you wake up in the morning
Viktor: Roar......