Cedric, Stallion and the connections with theGodspeed Rune

Ask questions about the personality and backstory of the multitude of characters in the Suikoden series.
Wraith

Post by Wraith »

I think the translation was "scroll of true devine(sp) transportation method".Its a scroll given by a witch (Women of the seven heavens?) in Water Margin wich when put on your shoes you become really fast.
patapi
Forum Moderator

Post by patapi »

"True Divine"? That explains where the translation team got their "True Holy" translations from. Apart from the confusion caused by the word "True" in its name, the in-game translation is fine with me.

That is an interesting tidbit from the original legend. However, hopefully we will get a more Suikoden-related explanation for it. It may not be as hyped as Yuber/Pesmerga or Jeane mysteries, but it sure is worthy of a bit more attention in the series.
Wraith

Post by Wraith »

I'm pretty sure it won't come back in great detail.However they might release new Runes that people are born with such as..a rune on his eye wich grants him to see everything that is invisible and such.Just saying..
Vextor
Global Admin

Post by Vextor »

Actually, the scroll given to Song Jiang by the Mistress of the Nine Heavens is different from the scrolls (more like pieces of paper with magical writings) used by Tai Chung. The one Song Jiang got was used to fight against an enemy sorcerer's spell (which actually didn't work).
LillyXChris

Post by LillyXChris »

I think the Godspeed rune is a rune that can only be obtained at birth.The rune cannot be removed and its always on the bearers foot.
'Always on the bearer's foot'?? If i recall correctly, Stallion's rune was on his left (or right) hand. How could it always be on the foot??
Just think about it. Someone might be writing a Kingdom Hearts 2/Pretty Cure x-over right now. That someone is me.

Now playing POTC At World's End
Nozomi Yumehara and Darkside Dream... Miko (Princess) Yumehara
Sisters (Yes Precure 5/Precure X-over)
Wraith

Post by Wraith »

LillyXChris wrote:
I think the Godspeed rune is a rune that can only be obtained at birth.The rune cannot be removed and its always on the bearers foot.
'Always on the bearer's foot'?? If i recall correctly, Stallion's rune was on his left (or right) hand. How could it always be on the foot??
Its an Illusion!

Just kidding, probably to show that he has the Godspeed rune but it still is on his foot.Like the TWR was on Luc's Right Hand in battle but in "reality" its on/in/with his soul.
TheBoundlessDream

Post by TheBoundlessDream »

Does Cedric and Stallion both share the same Star?

it would have been awsome if Cedric was a playable character
"Rulers change, borders change, countries change, but money is a constant. In fact, nothing better for business than a good war." -Shu

"The light in my eyes may have faded, but the light in my soul continues to shine" -Morgan
Jowy Atreides

Post by Jowy Atreides »

Yeah, Stallion and Cedric share the same star; Nash took their place in Suikoden III. Obviously enough, Dai Zong the Marvelous Traveller has their star in the original story (SARS called him Tai Chung).
TheBoundlessDream

But Nash never had a Godspeed rune, correct?
"Rulers change, borders change, countries change, but money is a constant. In fact, nothing better for business than a good war." -Shu

"The light in my eyes may have faded, but the light in my soul continues to shine" -Morgan
demon eye

Post by demon eye »

Nope, he never had a Godspeed Rune.
LillyXChris

Post by LillyXChris »

During S3 time, i don't think any of the SoDs had the Godspeed rune... speculations, anyone?
Just think about it. Someone might be writing a Kingdom Hearts 2/Pretty Cure x-over right now. That someone is me.

Chris_Lightfellow

Post by Chris_Lightfellow »

Hmmm....Maybe Aila since she is described as running very fast, but maybe all Grasslanders are like that. There really isn't anyone who fits the bill for having it that I can think of.
And if I saw you dancing, I would spin you around, spin you around, turn your world upside down

Not sure about something? Check the board rules!
LillyXChris

Post by LillyXChris »

I'm gonna say that all Grasslanders are like that. Why do you think Hugo was fast, stat-wise.

IMO, no one had the Godspeed rune in the S3 timeline, UNLESS someone has suggestions around here.

TheBoundlessDream

Grasslanders seem to have a very keen sense of nature prowess, much like any tribal culture does.

LillyXChris

Post by LillyXChris »

Could it be possible that the Godspeed rune came from the Grasslands in the past? Don't mean to sound dumb but i don't even know if the Grasslands were there 150 years prior to S1.