Fire Rune Pieces

Ask any questions about the gameplay system within the Island Nation Wars here.
~Troy~

Fire Rune Pieces

Post by ~Troy~ »

Yep I've found one fire rune piece so far and that was in Nay-Kobold Village with the mouse catch game. So where else can I get them?
Nihilist

Post by Nihilist »

I got one from those fire lizards that sting you with your tail as a random encounter on the ocean. I would have to check as to see where though.
thcrock
Global Admin

Post by thcrock »

They're by the Doughnut Island, I believe. They'll often appear with the Demon Hairballs (the red ones that cast nasty fire magic)

Their lightning counterpart (drops Lightning Rune Pieces) is on Iluya Island.
~Troy~

Post by ~Troy~ »

KoRnholio wrote:They're by the Doughnut Island, I believe. They'll often appear with the Demon Hairballs (the red ones that cast nasty fire magic)

Their lightning counterpart (drops Lightning Rune Pieces) is on Iluya Island.
Are you sure about that because I've fought a crap load of those red little fuzz balls and never got a single fire rune piece from them.
thcrock
Global Admin

Post by thcrock »

I never said the red fuzzballs drop them. I said the lizards in question almost always appear accompanied by the red fuzzballs. The fuzzballs appear by themselves, too, but sometimes you'll get a group of two fuzzballs and a lizard.
~Troy~

Post by ~Troy~ »

I feel deeply confused. after 20 minutes of circling the donut and many a lizard dead all I've gotten is a bit too many scales and unicorn horns.
~Troy~

Post by ~Troy~ »

Well doing a little searching I found that when you fight the 2 sting ray things and one of those geckos you get a fire rune piece. Thanks anyways.
sybillious

Post by sybillious »

the rays alone will also drop them occasionally...
Sheba

Post by Sheba »

As far as I know, the Ancient Crab also drops them, meaning you'll have more than enough in the later game.
Crowley's_Apprentice
Banned User

Post by Crowley's_Apprentice »

You can also get them from the squirrels on Mordo Island (the red squirrels).
"Giggity Giggity Giggity!!!"--Glen Quagmire
"Victory is mine!"--Stewie Griffin
"Oh that's just nastee..."--Cleveland
"...evil monkey living in my closet..."--Chris Griffin
Stallion

Post by Stallion »

Sheba wrote:As far as I know, the Ancient Crab also drops them, meaning you'll have more than enough in the later game.
I tried and tried for one off this crab, still haven't gotten one. :(
Jowy Atreides

Post by Jowy Atreides »

Three enemies in the game drop Fire Rune Pieces: Queen Sprouts (5%), Red Rodents (4%), and Ancient Crabs (30%). Queen Sprouts and Ancient
Crabs can be found on the Deserted Island, while the Red Rodent is found in the Ruins of Obel. Use Oskar (he's the only person with an A in Treasure Found) to increase the drop rates.

The drop rates might be off, since it comes from the strategy guide, although they do reflect my personal play-throughs fairly accurately.