Suikoden Tactics release date

Closed with the release.
LoneWolf6:16

Suikoden Tactics release date

Post by LoneWolf6:16 »

I just today found out that EBGames has a release date of November for Suikoden Tactics. So whatever it is, it's definitely coming out, and hopefully soon.
Arenegeth

Re: Suikoden Tactics release date

Post by Arenegeth »

LoneWolf6:16 wrote:I just today found out that EBGames has a release date of November for Suikoden Tactics. So whatever it is, it's definitely coming out, and hopefully soon.
If that is true then they obviously planed the US release from the beginning and as I said elsewhere to catch the Christmas rush, since the games that sell at Christmas are released in November for obvious reasons.

That also means that the game will certainly come in the US and that right this very second (well not literally) Konami is translating the game because there is no way they can localize the game in two months.

And hopefully a European release by March.

I'm going to order the Japanese game first if I can even if I won't be able to play it.

From my experience all this years and video games releases Konami gave that release date to EB, some promotions and pre-orders to follow.

That worries me a bit, Konami is heading too much the marketing way, which as proved by IV was a smokescreen to a bad game.

But then again nothing is certain, though as I compare it to other similar situations in the past it seems right.

Almost all of the rumors of this kind are true these days, that voice actor, Hudson working on a game, that Japanese shop that listed a Suikoden.

It all falls into place now.

But I will say it again though seemingly everything seems to be heading that way nothing is certain despite what I said above.
”I am ye who walks his own path and thus I walk alone”
~Arenegeth~
HellFire

Post by HellFire »

I really not confident that there will be a Europe or even American release. After all, it is a gaiden title and the past titles never left japan. I just hope they are working on Suikoden 5 as well.
Arenegeth

Post by Arenegeth »

I just pre-ordered Rapsodia (JAP) from Play-Asia, though the release is stated TBA, my estimated shipping date is 30 June!!

That can't be right though, I'm sure Play Asia is just guessing, but I'm imagining the possibility of that been true.

If the game does come out that soon in Japan my opinion changes for Rapsodia, because it means that Konami had it in development right after IV and planed along with it, which could turn to another potato.
~Arenegeth~
thcrock
Global Admin

Post by thcrock »

Didn't the US game retailers originally provide a release date that was actually the Japanese release date for Suikoden III, also? I don't think the early date means there's any chance of the US getting the game this year. I wouldn't expect it until at least mid 2006 in the states.
Arenegeth

Post by Arenegeth »

KoRnholio wrote:Didn't the US game retailers originally provide a release date that was actually the Japanese release date for Suikoden III, also? I don't think the early date means there's any chance of the US getting the game this year. I wouldn't expect it until at least mid 2006 in the states.
I didn't know about that, in that case maybe everything is fine and Play Asia doesn't know what is talking about, I hope that is the case for the reasons above.

I guess I will know by the end of the month for certain.

Also Play Asia has the game listed as Suikoden Tactics and not Rapsodia, I found that really odd, and they always had the Japanese Suikoden as Genso Suikoden.

I may go look at Lik-Sang too.
~Arenegeth~
josiskrazy

Post by josiskrazy »

alot of games are listed in November as placeholder just to get pre-orders...i dont think its ment to be a exact date...i wouldnt be surprise it if came out around the same time IV came out...
Shinjite aisuru hito
Watashi no naka de kimi wa ikiru
Dakara kore kara saki mo zutto
Sayonara nante iwanai

Ano hi kitto futari wa
Ai ni fureta
Hassie

Post by Hassie »

I just checked with one of my distributors, Ingram Entertainment, and they have not received any word from Konami that the game will be shipped to the USA. Just for those of you that dont know, Ingram is one of the largest Distributor's of video games in the USA, they supply smaller companies with games, such as me. Anyhow, they assured me they would email me the moment they get word from Konami. When that happens, i'll be sure to update everyone here.
Geddo618

Post by Geddo618 »

Are you all positive that the rhapsodia game is even suikoden. sure doesn't look like it.
patapi
Forum Moderator

Post by patapi »

To be technical, it is not "Suikoden", hence the title. Think of it as a spin-off for Suikoden IV, if you must.
kelvingarinkz

Post by kelvingarinkz »

the release date for japs : 22 september ...
ww.suikox.com i read it there
kelvin loves suikoden
patapi
Forum Moderator

Post by patapi »

The Japanese Playstation website recently published that date on their site: September 22, 2005.

http://www.jp.playstation.com/Item/2/6175696.html
Viktor_33815
Location: Wandering somewhere between the Toran Republic and The City States

Called EB Games today

Post by Viktor_33815 »

i called EBGames today 7-24-05 and they told me that suikoden tactics will be released on November 9Th of this year so there you go :shock: :shock: although i did not relize that it would come out so soon
Flik: you look like a bear when you wake up in the morning
Viktor: Roar......
Anamanaguchi

Post by Anamanaguchi »

Uhhh release dates are almost never accurate, especially since you are getting them from a company that just sells the game and doesn't actually translate and publish it here in the U.S. I don't know what on earth would make you think that.
Jowy Atreides

Post by Jowy Atreides »

EBgames really has no idea when Rhapsodia will be released.

Although I can't read Japanese, the official Rhapsodia site seems to have September 22nd, 2005 listed as its release date.