Earning money fast

A forum to ask questions if you are stuck in the The Gate Rune Wars; or wish for more clarity on the gameplay systems.
Michael Easton

Earning money fast

Post by Michael Easton »

Does anyone have a really fast way of making money in Suikoden 1 without resorting to the Marco trick/cheat? I've heard that continuously playing the dice game (whatever it's called) with Gaspar is a good way to earn money fast.
Irish Pesmerga

Post by Irish Pesmerga »

yeah thats the best way to go about it, playing Chinchiron with Gaspar. Bet 9999 each time and when you win he will ask you to bet all your winnings, if you keep it up you will eventually max out the potch. But sometimes you just can't win, so leave and go back, thats why he tells you luck is a matter of timing and such :P
Leon: You forgot Rule #1 in 'the book.' Don't put yourself in danger.

Shu: I had to throw away 'the book.' You read it too many times...
weird_name_lah

Post by weird_name_lah »

Try to save your game before playing with him... Sometimes in the middle of your bet, he may win. So yah just in case.
tetsuda

Post by tetsuda »

I've only just started the game, and I'm already making some serious dough. Just play the cup game in Rockland. Betting 10,000 makes the cups go insanely fast, so I usually just bet 1000 at a time. Anyways, it's good for the beginning of the game.
Crowley's_Apprentice
Banned User

Post by Crowley's_Apprentice »

There's a certain pattern to marco's game, so you don't need to go slow to win. (I think it's like right left left middle)
"Giggity Giggity Giggity!!!"--Glen Quagmire
"Victory is mine!"--Stewie Griffin
"Oh that's just nastee..."--Cleveland
"...evil monkey living in my closet..."--Chris Griffin
True Wind Bearer

Post by True Wind Bearer »

I've read an in-depth FAQ (perhaps on GameFAQS?) about Marco's game, and yes there is a certain pattern. I don't know it however and can not find the link, sorry.
tetsuda

Post by tetsuda »

Is the pattern the same no matter how much you bet? (100, 1000, or 10,000?)
Christine Lightfellow

Post by Christine Lightfellow »

Bet whatever amount you want with Marco. Talk to him and play with him once, the coin will be under the cup on the right. Quit, talk to him again, and play again... same deal. Lather, rinse, repeat. As long as you quit between each game, the coin will always be on the right. ^_^ It's a nice way to build up some cash before Gaspar and his super dice are available.
"If I stay away from battle for a while, my hands ache with bloodlust."

http://z15.invisionfree.com/Stars_of_De ... hp?act=idx
HellFire

Post by HellFire »

I've been playing Gaspers game a lot lately and I have noticed that sometimes I am able to beat him with eas and other times I have no chance. Does this depend on your parties stats?
Christine Lightfellow

Post by Christine Lightfellow »

I think it's just luck. If it looks like you're going to lose a lot, quit and then start up another game with him. In general, the dice game is really, really loaded in your favor, but every now and then Gasper goes on a winning streak.
"If I stay away from battle for a while, my hands ache with bloodlust."

http://z15.invisionfree.com/Stars_of_De ... hp?act=idx
Vextor
Global Admin

Post by Vextor »

The general chance that you can win against Gaspar is set pretty high. Thus, more often than not, you can make whoppin' cash through Gaspar in a relatively short time.
darkrob

Post by darkrob »

I was under the impression you could only do the marco cheat in rockland and the warriors village. Once he comes to your castle, his pattern becomes random. Is this true?

Honestly the best was I have found to make money is to equip the 2x money making rune (prosperity, right?) on someone and walk into gregminster and just start slaying enemies with the soul eater and whatever else runes you feel like. You usually make 10k to 20k per battle.
Michael Easton

Post by Michael Easton »

I think that Marco's pattern does become random once he joins you. As for the Proseperity Rune method how long does it take to earn full cash using this method? I only ask because the Gaspar method of betting 9999 bits followed by all your winnings, if successful, can earn you full cash in about 10 minutes.
pkubit

Post by pkubit »

It's true, it's random once he (coulda sworn it was a she) joins you. In Rockland, the pattern for the 10,000 bet is

Right, Center, Center, Left, Right, Left, Right, Right, Left, Center, Left, Center, Right, Right, Right.

The problem with Marco is that the growth is linear and not exponential, like in Gaspar's game. It is reliable though. :)
Chris_Lightfellow

Post by Chris_Lightfellow »

[quote="darkrob"]I was under the impression you could only do the marco cheat in rockland and the warriors village. Once he comes to your castle, his pattern becomes random. Is this true?

Honestly the best was I have found to make money is to equip the 2x money making rune (prosperity, right?) on someone and walk into gregminster and just start slaying enemies with the soul eater and whatever else runes you feel like. You usually make 10k to 20k per battle.[/quote]

Personally, I found Shasarazade(sp?) to be the best. After about 10 or so battles I was into the hundred thousands.
And if I saw you dancing, I would spin you around, spin you around, turn your world upside down

Not sure about something? Check the board rules!