Konami trademarks Suikoden Tactics

Closed with the release.
Arenegeth

Post by Arenegeth »

Hassie wrote:
Arenegeth wrote:I really don't know what to say to that, I would like a conformation first because that is actually big news in another way.

What way?

Well basically it signifies that future Suikoden games won't get released in the US or Europe but only in Japan and that makes me furious and angry. :evil:

If that is true of course or if indeed stays that way. :)
I'm not entirely sure exactly what confirmation you need. It's not like the information isnt public access. I merely went to the patent office site, and looked up suikoden, it says that the copyright was cancelled on march 31, 2005. If you want, go check it out for yourself....
From Konami, I want to know why, they may have thought a way around it or something, or they may renew it or anything Konami must speak about this, that’s what I'm talking about.

Why?

It really doesn't make sense.
”I am ye who walks his own path and thus I walk alone”
~Arenegeth~
Hassie

Post by Hassie »

Arenegeth wrote:
Hassie wrote:
Arenegeth wrote:I really don't know what to say to that, I would like a conformation first because that is actually big news in another way.

What way?

Well basically it signifies that future Suikoden games won't get released in the US or Europe but only in Japan and that makes me furious and angry. :evil:

If that is true of course or if indeed stays that way. :)
I'm not entirely sure exactly what confirmation you need. It's not like the information isnt public access. I merely went to the patent office site, and looked up suikoden, it says that the copyright was cancelled on march 31, 2005. If you want, go check it out for yourself....
From Konami, I want to know why, they may have thought a way around it or something, or they may renew it or anything Konami must speak about this, that’s what I'm talking about.

Why?

Well i talked with the US Office of patents, trademarking office, and they told me in this case, "Suikoden Tactics" DOES cover any item in that industry with the name of only "Suikoden" based on the way they filed it i guess? He wasnt specific, and he didn't quite understand my interest in this particular matter, but that is what i got from him.
Arenegeth

Post by Arenegeth »

Hassie wrote:
Arenegeth wrote:
Hassie wrote: I'm not entirely sure exactly what confirmation you need. It's not like the information isnt public access. I merely went to the patent office site, and looked up suikoden, it says that the copyright was cancelled on march 31, 2005. If you want, go check it out for yourself....

Why?

Well i talked with the US Office of patents, trademarking office, and they told me in this case, "Suikoden Tactics" DOES cover any item in that industry with the name of only "Suikoden" based on the way they filed it i guess? He wasnt specific, and he didn't quite understand my interest in this particular matter, but that is what i got from him.
Perhaps that’s it then, they kind of upgraded it, if that is indeed the case then is fine I suppose and makes no practical difference, at least I hope so.
”I am ye who walks his own path and thus I walk alone”
~Arenegeth~
Hassie

Post by Hassie »

It would have been hilarious, had someone had the foresight, to go ahead and apply for a trademark of "Suikoden Tactics" in between the time they cancelled Suikoden, and the time they applied for Suikoden Tactics. That 18 day span, in my eyes, would have been funny. Wonder if Konami would come knocking at your door with thugs, to persuade you to cancel? :)