Ship setup

Ask any questions about the gameplay system within the Island Nation Wars here.
jayko8890

Ship setup

Post by jayko8890 »

I would like to know what ship setups you would use for the last battle.
son_michael

Post by son_michael »

Are you talking about strategy battles?

the strategy battles are extremley easy just put the strongest magic users like jeanne or maxine and it should be an easy win with some easy moves
syun_ukiya

Post by syun_ukiya »

you can use snowe with double-strike and fury. it deals 1000+ each attack.. just board the enemy ships and you'll win in no time! xD
KFCrispy
Global Admin

Post by KFCrispy »

yes, once your fighters are well-setup, you can just charge enemy ships (try to do it at an angle where they don't get to shoot at you when you board, but doesn't matter TOO much unless your ship is near dead) and take them out with utter ease. rune cannon fighting is a slow guessing game, just make sure you keep picking an element that will either trade hits with all of the enemy's cannons or "eat" the enemy's element, but never us an element that can be "eaten".. that's just asking for it. so if there are three enemy ships with all different setups, just make sure at least one cannon is a "trump" cannon for each enemy ship.. but it's still easier to simply charge them with high movement and high armor.
Stallion

Post by Stallion »

Agreed - While the rune cannons are amusing and can be powerful ( 5 range firing at 2 ships from Dauntless ), its actually a lot easier to increase one of the smaller ships movement and just board everyone. Stick your main fighting party aboard a ship and throw them at the enemies
jayko8890

Post by jayko8890 »

Ok i was just using mainly rune cannons. i geuss that was my mistake.
Stallion

Post by Stallion »

No - not a mistake, it is still possible and can be easy to win ship battles using the rune cannons alone. If you are going to try the boarding technique ( I like it because it feels very pirate like ) make sure you get a "move+" captain on your attack ship. Then setup the Dauntless defensively or just run around with it.

Kika's ship is one of the best for boarding, it has large move range and fast turns so often I take out an entire fleet with the Grishend before they get a shot off.