Riou's Rune

If you are stuck in the Dunan Unification Wars; or wish for more details on the gameplay systems, this is the place.
dr-mladjo

hmm

Post by dr-mladjo »

Now, I put Double-strike because I don't want to waste a slot for *Fury since I almost always go berserk when I use Battle Oath anyway.
but how often do you use battle oath?i usualy use in boss battle.but what to do with random?if all your characters have fury in random battle you dont have to use bo..95%of battle are random.it is better to kill all enemys in one turn instead to lose time ..
give Riou the Thunder rune in the beginning of the game, if you can use the muse - matilda glitch you can probably have the ability to get a rune on his right AND left hand early in the game....
where do find thunder rune?you can find it only after nanami ''death''.i think that you can't go into gorudos room..explain.
b42 b13 b82 b84 b6 b7
highwind44029

Re: hmm

Post by highwind44029 »

dr-mladjo wrote:
Now, I put Double-strike because I don't want to waste a slot for *Fury since I almost always go berserk when I use Battle Oath anyway.
but how often do you use battle oath?i usualy use in boss battle.but what to do with random?if all your characters have fury in random battle you dont have to use bo..95%of battle are random.it is better to kill all enemys in one turn instead to lose time ..
In boss battles, practically every other turn. Random battles? Double-Leader Attack. Need I say more?
dr-mladjo

hmm

Post by dr-mladjo »

Need I say more?
yes!i haven't load save from s1.is that unite with mcdohl and hero or?in boos battle i also use bo evry 2 turn or so.usualy my team have 6 double bat and 5 fury..
b42 b13 b82 b84 b6 b7
Wraith

Post by Wraith »

yes!i haven't load save from s1.is that unite with mcdohl and hero or?in boos battle i also use bo evry 2 turn or so.usualy my team have 6 double bat and 5 fury..
Okay...Thats a REALLY confusing sentence...
dr-mladjo

hmmm

Post by dr-mladjo »

sorry.english is not my primary language.
b42 b13 b82 b84 b6 b7
Wraith

Post by Wraith »

lol
Double leader attack is a 0.75 attack to all enemies.If that was your question.
dr-mladjo

hm

Post by dr-mladjo »

hm .it is just weaker version of buddy attackthanks...but problem is that you can recruit mcdohl on hall game,when you go to banner village?what do to before that?did you know that you can buy 5 fury rune in muse?2 before fall adn 3 after recaptur..
b42 b13 b82 b84 b6 b7
Wraith

Post by Wraith »

No I did not.I never was a real fan for Command runes....Never found any :p.But now I've learned the value of a Fury rune.
weird_name_lah

Re: hm

Post by weird_name_lah »

dr-mladjo wrote:did you know that you can buy 5 fury rune in muse?2 before fall adn 3 after recaptur..
It's totally random... In fact 5 is normal. Most of people would try to get more in earlier parts of game.
Penance

Post by Penance »

dr-mladjo - you are 100% correct

i am sorry, it was my fault (too much final fantasy :p)

i meant to say tye lightning rune - sorry for the confusion

but yes, if you get the *lightning rune* and then use the muse - matilda glitch, you can have thor shot (at around level 35 i think) and have the ability to have a rune on both hands

again....sorry for confusing thunder with lightning :)
Lawrence

Post by Lawrence »

Blacken wrote:You'd rather Scream than the Bright Shield level 4 spell? o.O I love that spell.

The one person I wish could use a Resurrection rune better is Flik. Perhaps it's just my bad luck, but he ALWAYS backfires when using Charm Arrow or Scolding.
Hey, wait a sec, didn't you said 'the bright shield level 4 spell'? How can i get it? what is it? What is its use?
Jowy Atreides

Post by Jowy Atreides »

If you recruit all 108 Stars before the briefing for the Rockaxe liberation, Leknaat will show up and unlock the 4th level of the Bright Shield Rune.
ninjaluc79

Re: Riou's Rune

Post by ninjaluc79 »

I ended up using the following runes on Riou:

H - Spark - allows other party members to attack after bearer
Rh - Bright Shield
Lh - Mother Earth

You can get the Spark rune from the Double Head, the boss at the Sindar Ruins. I used to put it on Nanami, but took it and placed on Riou just before re-taking Rockaxe, because you will lose whatever you equip on Nanami forever once she 'dies'. Spark is a good rune for him if you want to auto-battle every time with strong melee attackers like Sheena and Killey, much more for slower but stronger characters. It is because Riou is faster than most people in the game, only defeated by Nanami, Luc, Stallion, and probably Tir.

Mother Earth, hmm... Riou has the Bright Shield Rune anyways, so I might as well make him my main supporter, while making the rest of the party do the dirty work. For Riou has better affinity to support magic runes than the offensive ones. A B in Resurrection would mean that if equip him with it, plus a Mother Earth rune, Riou can become a very effective FS (Full Support) character. Heh, so much for an FS Main Character. There aren't those kinds of heroes around. Most heroes are fighters, so why not try make the Hero the Main FS?
It's not all about knowledge, but it helps.
ninjaluc79

Re:

Post by ninjaluc79 »

Blacken wrote:You'd rather Scream than the Bright Shield level 4 spell? o.O I love that spell.

The one person I wish could use a Resurrection rune better is Flik. Perhaps it's just my bad luck, but he ALWAYS backfires when using Charm Arrow or Scolding.
I believe Scream from Resurrection is used as a back-up healing spell for when Forgiver Sign is not yet unlocked. Add the fact that Riou actually has his highest affinity at Resurrection (B), and you just got for yourself a healer protagonist who can revive allies early in the game. Not a lot of JRPG's actually have their protagonists as the primary healers, quite often JRPG protagonists are built as the party's primary damage dealer.
It's not all about knowledge, but it helps.