Technological Advancements

Detailed hypotheses for, and analysis of, the events transpiring during the Suikoden games
Wraith

Technological Advancements

Post by Wraith »

As we can see in Suikoden 4 The Island Nations have a weapon called rune Cannons yet the only technological advansments since then seem to be Gadget and fire spears... You'd think that after 150 years Scarlet Moon or Jowston would've created or at least bought some rune cannons from Kooluk Since its on the same continent as scarlet Moon.

edited the title so that the discussion can be a bit more extensive
Last edited by Wraith on Thu May 04, 2006 12:00 pm, edited 2 times in total.
Hxc Flavor

Post by Hxc Flavor »

yes it almost seems that countries are getting worse with technology as time progresses. or maybe it's just due to location differences.
"I'd be happy to demonstrate its sharpness on your neck."
Wraith

Post by Wraith »

O I thought of somthing!!
What do they use to fire the ammo?Gunpowder is a Howling Voice guild secret so they aren't using that right?
Hxc Flavor

Post by Hxc Flavor »

I havent played all of Suikoden 4 so I am not sure of the exact blueprints to Rune Cannons but I think the power for the cannon to fire comes from the Rune itself. It must create some kind of energy that launches the blast.
"I'd be happy to demonstrate its sharpness on your neck."
Siel Avadon

Post by Siel Avadon »

If I remember right the creato SPOILER:

Warlock, Said he never should have made them, As you say diffrent areas have diffrent technology. Look at the real world, the romans was highly advanced if you put them aside the Goths and Vikings.

Also the dwarfs creat high technology weapons and things. Really thats an advancement.
RageRune

Post by RageRune »

Also to add to that spoiler

[spoiler] Was'nt it confirmed that the Rune Cannons were destroyed so they could never be used in warfare again (after Suiko4)?[/spoiler]
Wraith

Post by Wraith »

I haven't beaten the game completely but destroying them would be useless right?
I mean Holy Harmonia is the largest, most powerfull and probably the richest country so they should've made a substitiute to say the least.Also I would think alot of people would be against the destruction of the Rune Cannons and would've stolen the blueprints right?And don't tell me scarlet moon hasn't heard about the large Rune Cannon on El Eil Fortress, they would do anything for that power.
KC_MCDOHL

Post by KC_MCDOHL »

*SPOILER*

Warlock said something about Rune Cannons bieng too advanced for their (Suikoden 4's) generation and that he should never have created them. He also says that he is only joining your army to put a stop to his invention once and for all. Perhaps Warlock had something to do with the eradication of Rune Cannons.

It's pretty hard to believe that no one has tooken up the concept of Rune Cannons again after 150 years tho. Suikoden for created alot of more gaps than it did solve mysteries in the story.
highwind44029

Post by highwind44029 »

It's pretty hard to believe that no one has tooken up the concept of Rune Cannons again after 150 years tho. Suikoden for created alot of more gaps than it did solve mysteries in the story.
I think the Rune Cannons have pretty much been a forgotten part of history. The people of the Island Nations knew the damage it could cause because of what happened to Iluya, and there was no war anymore, so they probably decided to forget the whole thing and not tell the next generations anything about it so that they wouldn't risk the concept of the Rune Cannons being revived again.
Wraith

Post by Wraith »

Yeah but Harmonia isn't stupid. They probably had Rune Cannons.I mean they have an army twice the size of every army in the world put together. it would be foolish to state that they had no knowledge of it.
Siel Avadon

Post by Siel Avadon »

Had the sovjey knowledge of the United states secret weapons under the 60? No they hadent and have not today, Even if a country is big its doesnt mean they have to know everything

Also commucation and news was hard to get for us eartlings until the phone was developed, And are there any communcation measure in Suikoden? I say no.

In the real world colonyäs could revolt and the king got the message months later. That tells you abit how it was. Today we got TV and such so of course we know what happens in the world but even today there is country secrets that no one knows about!
Jeane, The Marilyn Monroe of Suikoden.
Wraith

Post by Wraith »

Yeah okay I stand corrected ont he fact that no one hase Rune Cannons but isn't it strange nonthelece(sp) that they havn't made a considerable technological advansment?
demon eye

Post by demon eye »

We don't know to the extent in which any country has made technological advancements. Just look at the One Temple, Crystal Valley and the Howling Voice Guild. It is possible that there is quite a bit more advanced weaponry than the Rune Cannons. Hell, there are satelites orbitting the Suikoden World! I'm pretty sure that we have not seen exactly the extent of technological advancement that is possible in the Suikoden World.
RageRune

Post by RageRune »

Hell, there are satelites orbitting the Suikoden World!
Where did you hear that from??? :?
Vincent of Scarlet Moon

Post by Vincent of Scarlet Moon »

RageRune wrote:
Hell, there are satelites orbitting the Suikoden World!
Where did you hear that from??? :?
Gadget has the ability to locate itself using a satellite global positioning system, so that's where that little tidbit comes from.