[FAQ] Transferring Suikoden I save data

If you are stuck in the Dunan Unification Wars; or wish for more details on the gameplay systems, this is the place.
Soul Eater

[FAQ] Transferring Suikoden I save data

Post by Soul Eater »

Helpful article by Pyriel: http://suikodenbugfixes.wikispaces.com/ ... koden+Data

I suppose this is a suikoden 1 thread more than anything else...

also I know it was on the old forum, but I just needed some things confirmed.

I know which characters are carried across from suikoden 1 to 2.

(Flik, Viktor, Luc, Humphrey, Pesmerga, Clive, Stallion, Tai Ho, Hix, Tengaar, Lorelai, Futch, Kasumi, Sheena, Meg, Valeria, McDohl)

Is it true that Tai Ho's level/stats aren't carried over?

I've heard rumors that if you put a clone rune in pesmerga there is a chance of it being carried across... can anyone confirm this?

Apparently Lorelai uses Kirkes weapon in suikoden 2, does this mean that his or her weapon level gives a bonus in suikoden 2?

If you power up anyones stats with rune pieces does that have any effect in #2?

I've also heard that in suikoden 3 ronnie bell's daughter recieves her stats, is this true?

can you load from PAL suikoden 1/2 to NTSC suikoden 3?

Which items/armor are carried across?
Kuromimi
Elite Member

Post by Kuromimi »

Most characters will join at a set level it seems. In my Suikoden I save, every character was at level 59, except for McDohl, Viktor and Flik. They were at level 65. All characters had weapons at level 16.

This is the level each character joined at:

Flik - Level 22
Viktor - Level 22
Luc - Level 28
Humphrey - Level 34
Pesmerga - Level is five higher than Riou
Clive - Level 15
Stallion - Level 31
Tai Ho - Level 28
Hix - Level 27
Tengaar - Level 28
Lorelai - Level 38
Futch - Level 34
Kasumi - Level 38
Sheena - Level 38
Meg - Level 31
Valeria - Level 38
McDohl - Level 46

Some characters will join with slightly higher weapon levels. Ie. Tengaar will join with her weapon at level 11.

Clone Rune does not exist in Suikoden 2. Pesmerga will always have a Counter Rune when he joins.

Lorelai does indeed have Kirke's weapon, but it starts out at level 6 for her. The level Kirke had it in Suikoden I obviously doesn't matter.

Rune Pieces have no effect on returning characters if they had them in Suikoden I. Rune Pieces do not exist in Suikoden 2.

Emily doesn't recieve any bonuses in Suikoden 3 if the Suikoden 2 data had Suikoden I data loaded in.

If Humphrey had Windspun Armor equipped in Suikoden 1, he will have it equipped in Suikoden 2. It is permanently equipped, but that's no problem since it's the best armor for him. I think that might be it.

Update: If McDohl had a Master Garb equipped in Suikoden I, he will have it equipped in Suikoden 2--if not, he'll have Dragon Armor.
Soul Eater

Post by Soul Eater »

also apparently some runes are carried across (as long as they're not in luc or viktor.. are there any others people like this?)

Elemental runes (fire, water etc)
Advanced elemental (rage, flowing... they get downgraded right?)
Resurrection Rune
Double Beat Rune
Counter Rune
Spark Rune

any others?

are there any double beat runes in suikoden 1 apart from eikei's one?
Jowy Atreides

Post by Jowy Atreides »

Eikei has the only Double-beat in Suikoden I.

The Silver Hat and the Master Garb pass over to Suikoden II.
Last edited by Jowy Atreides on Sun Sep 11, 2011 7:15 am, edited 5 times in total.
Soul Eater

Post by Soul Eater »

Does anyone know the starting levels for the returning characters if they recieve no bonus from suikoden 1?

I got all of them to level 99 in s1
viktor and flik were both on lvl 33
humphrey on 57 I think, futch was on something like 53.

unfortunately none of the runes I equipped in s1 carried over:

Flik had a resurrection rune - his was replaced by lightning
I already knew viktors didnt get carried over
humphrey had a double-beat - this was missing
futch had a spark rune - wasn't there
Harukaze

Post by Harukaze »

So Flik's and Viktor's levels are cut precisely in thirds; mine were both level 60 at the end of GS1 and were level 20 at the beginning of GS2.
highwind44029

Post by highwind44029 »

Here are the levels at which they join without the bonuses:

Clive - Level 16 (Weapon Level: 8 )
Flik - Level 20 (Weapon Level: 7)
Viktor - Level 20 (Weapon Level: 6)
Hix - Level 27 (Weapon Level: 5)
Tengaar - Level 27 (Weapon Level: 8 )
Luc - Level 27 (Weapon Level: 4)
Tai Ho - Level 27 (Weapon Level: 7)
Meg - Level 31 (Weapon Level: 6)
Stallion - Level 31 (Weapon Level: 7)
Humphrey - Level 34 (Weapon Level: 9)
Futch - Level 34 (Weapon Level: 7)
Lorelai - Level 38 (Weapon Level: 6)
Sheena - Level 38 (Weapon Level: 8 )
Valeria - Level 38 (Weapon Level: 6)
Kasumi - Level 38 (Weapon Level: 7)
McDohl - Level 41 (Weapon Level: 11)
Pesmerga - Level 50*/Riou's Level +5 (Weapon Level: 14)

*He joined at Level 50 in my game when he was Level 31. I guess Pes joins at that level when Riou's level is too low.

Wasn't there some sort of formula regarding weapon and base level bonuses? I think the base level formula was (GS1Lv - 50)/5. For example, if Flik's base level in GS1 was 60, then (60-50)/5 = 10/5 = 2 --> which is his bonus base level in GS2. Added to his base level in GS2: 20+2 = 22 ---> which becomes Flik's base level at GS2. Oh, and the highest level in GS1 will have a 5-level bonus on GS2. Level 99 characters in GS1 will also have a 5-level bonus on GS2. I hope I'm being clear about this. Only speaking from memory bank.

I don't quite remember the weapon bonuses, but I think it's (GS1WpnLv - 10)/2. For example, if Flik's weapon level in GS1 was 16, then (16-10)/2 = 6/2 = 3 --> which is the bonus weapon level in GS2. Added to his weapon level in GS2: 7+3 = 10 ---> which will be Flik's weapon level at GS2. Again, sorry if you're getting confused.

Let's try Soul Eater's Fliktor who were both Level 99 at GS1, and Level 33 at GS2.

(99-50)/5 = 49/5 = 9.8 = 9 (rounded down)

Viktor and Flik's base level: 20 + 9 = 29
Add 5-level bonus for reaching Lv. 99 at GS1 = 29+5 = 34

Hmmm... the formula's a little off... I'll go investigate more regarding this subject if I have the time.
Last edited by highwind44029 on Sun Mar 27, 2005 11:45 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Vextor
Global Admin

Post by Vextor »

Also, the FIRST character who reaches level 99 in Suikoden 1 receives a +5 level bonus on top of the +5 level bonus from level 99.
Porom
Banned User

Post by Porom »

Suikoden 1 records who hits level 99 first in the game..?
Oppenheimer
Global Admin

Post by Oppenheimer »

I'm at the end of Suikoden I and I'm about to defeat Barbossa. I want to carry my save over to Suikoden II and want to know what work I should do to make that the best. Apparently there's a very small difference in levels, so I might as well just forget about leveling people up. But I was going to equip runes on all the people who get transfered (like double-beat, rage, cyclone, gale, hazy, spark, etc.) but from reading this I'm not sure if that will make any difference, will it? Also, I'm not clear on if leveling up weapons makes any difference. Could someone help clear up my confusion? Thanks!

Edit: Also, some of the equipment seems to be carried over. Should I equip all the people who carry over with the best equipment?
highwind44029

Post by highwind44029 »

Definitely equip Humphrey with the Windspun Armor. BTW, I equipped Clive with a Double Beat Rune, but it didn't transfer to Suikoden II. >.<
Oppenheimer
Global Admin

Post by Oppenheimer »

Okay, I'm going to equip the Windspun armour on Humphrey and the Silvet Hat and Master's Garb on Tir. From looking through walkthroughs I think those are the only pieces of armour that carry over.

Does anyone know if any runes/weapon levels carry over?
Reinbach_III

Post by Reinbach_III »

Runes don't carry over but I found that I did have a lot of my characters start with a weapon level of 9 or 10.
"Me, sir? I'm just a poor jujube vendor, with hungry kids waiting at home..." Scholtenheim Reinbach III
Siel Avadon

Post by Siel Avadon »

Pretty strange if Viktor and Fliks levels are cut in three, My Viktor and Flik was level 59 or 60 in at the last save point.

But Viktor as Lvl 25 and Flik 20 at the run trough the area with the mist monster.

Also, Where should I save to get the data over? Do I need to save at the last savin point to get these effects?
son_michael

Post by son_michael »

yup, right before you fight babarosa

save at that save point and you will be able to upload data in suiko 2