Quick-Recruitment on Gordon

If you are stuck in the Dunan Unification Wars; or wish for more details on the gameplay systems, this is the place.
Eugene

Quick-Recruitment on Gordon

Post by Eugene »

Could anyone tell me what items would lead me to a "quick-recruit" Gordon? My friend told me to buy from other trading posts 2 celadon urns and sell it to him but it didn't work.
KFCrispy
Global Admin

Post by KFCrispy »

well prices vary so it's not necessarily 2 Celadon Urns that'll net you the amount you have to make, but it is true that your net earnings only start being counted once you've spoken to him. so you could have bought a whole bunch of stuff (as expensive as you want, even) before speaking with him, then sell everything for 100% profit.

another problem is that the game actually needs your Potch counter to go up. if you are max or near max money, say 999,998 Potch... (i forgot the maximum you can have but you should get the idea) you sell 8 Ancient Texts at like 13,000 each. well you just made 1 Potch. so if you have too much money, use it up in stores/gambling/paying-off-enemies!
Sailor

Post by Sailor »

Whatever will get you the 50,000 potch needed. I think a couple Ancient Texts will be sufficient, or gold if you can get some cheap will certainly fetch a high price. At least I think it was gold.
Mr Fitcher

Post by Mr Fitcher »

Yeah Gold Bar
Wise man think before they act.
I'm not wise man.
Eugene

Post by Eugene »

where is this ancient text sold?
Red Killey
Elite Member

Post by Red Killey »

KFCrispy wrote:but it is true that your net earnings only start being counted once you've spoken to him.
Are you sure about this? I'm quite sure that it counts throughout the game even before talking to Gordon because I usually trade Ancient Texts and Crystal Balls before talking to him, then recruited him on my first trip to Gregminster.
Eugene wrote:where is this ancient text sold?
Buy cheap Ancient Text in Kobold Village, and sell it in Forest Village. 2 or 3 Ancient Texts would be enough to give you more than 50,000 profit.
The new chief of moderating team. If you notice any problems within the discussion forum, do inform me. Thank you.
TheNeclord

Post by TheNeclord »

Red Killey wrote:
KFCrispy wrote:but it is true that your net earnings only start being counted once you've spoken to him.
Are you sure about this? I'm quite sure that it counts throughout the game even before talking to Gordon because I usually trade Ancient Texts and Crystal Balls before talking to him, then recruited him on my first trip to Gregminster.
You are right Red Killey. I still play this game reguarly and since i know ahead of time about Gordon i always make sure i trade enough BEFORE i go to Gregminster. Now I dont even hear the "trade this much and i will join" dialogue. As soon as i speak to him he joins :lol:

I usually trade peeing boys If i remember correctly it only takes one or at the most two of them and you have more than enough.
patapi
Forum Moderator

Post by patapi »

Ancient Texts are the best trading items, but they are rare so I'd recommend a second best. Play the rope climbing mini-game and hoarde as many expensive antiques as you can. Then sell all of them at a trading post. Easy as pie.
Eugene

Post by Eugene »

i don't understand. you sell ancient text on another village, how does that make you recruit Gordon? I think you have to sell that to him not to other villages.
Jowy Atreides

Post by Jowy Atreides »

50,000 potch profit from trading is all that's required. You don't have to trade with Gordon specifically.
Eugene

Post by Eugene »

i see. so i guess TheNeclord's way is very very very good!! You only have to talk to him and he'll join automatically cool, never thought of that!!
yipikiyayey21

Post by yipikiyayey21 »

Urns and vases are A good trading tool too. Having A Blue Dragon Urn (could be found on the Castle Game) a sell it on the South Window Trading Shop. Wide Urns are expensive on Crom Village.

Crystal Ball bought on Crom, Forest Vill and South Window.. Then sell it on Kobold Village.

Ancient text is always the best way despite all these things. Buying Ancient text on Kobold VIll and selling it on Forest Village.

[21]

Kung sino man ang mga pilipino jan, pm nyo lang ASL nyo sa kin.

ALL MY GAME FILES IN SUIKODEN 1 AND 2 WAS DELETED. GRRR... I Hate it!
highwind44029

Post by highwind44029 »

Yep. About 3 Ancient Texts or 2 Ancient Texts and a few Crystal Balls should do the trick. There's usually only one Ancient Text in Kobold, and you actually have three opportunities of doing this. First is when you ask for the help of Two River, second is when you infiltrate Greenhill for the help of Teresa, and third is when you ask for assistance from Matilda.
yipikiyayey21

Post by yipikiyayey21 »

But i thought that the supplies respawns during 30 mins and items appear in random??

[21]

Kung sino man ang mga pilipino jan, pm nyo lang ASL nyo sa kin.

ALL MY GAME FILES IN SUIKODEN 1 AND 2 WAS DELETED. GRRR... I Hate it!