Secret McDohl Dialogue

If you are stuck in the Dunan Unification Wars; or wish for more details on the gameplay systems, this is the place.
RPEnthusiast

Secret McDohl Dialogue

Post by RPEnthusiast »

Just a little confused about how to get this. Is there a specific group of people you need to bring along with Kasumi, or just her?

Some people have said anyone from the first Suikoden including Kasumi. Others have told me keep only her and Riou. And I've also heard that you need to bring Flik, Victor, and Kasumi.

Just which is it? I'd played through this game many times and I've always forgot to view the secret dialogue.

(Yes, I do have Gremio unlocked.)
Jowy Atreides

Post by Jowy Atreides »

Kasumi gets a dialogue no matter who you bring with her.

Everyone from the previous Suikoden makes a comment if you bring them with you. I'd personally recommend to bring a full party from the previous game just to see what they say. (Don't bring people you know won't say anything interesting, Luc, Humphrey, etc.)
Red Killey
Elite Member

Post by Red Killey »

Jowy Atreides wrote:I'd personally recommend to bring a full party from the previous game just to see what they say. (Don't bring people you know won't say anything interesting, Luc, Humphrey, etc.)
I'm not 100% sure on this, but I think only one S1 character who would make a comment. So if you bring let's say Luc, Humphrey and Pesmerga, only one of them make a comment to McDohl. It's similar I guess to the dialogue with Hix and Tengaar in Lakewest inn.

As for the original question, bringing Kasumi would unlock a scene in Gregminster. So it doesn't really matter who you bring with in your party because none of them would get a scene that Kasumi had.

But if you're talking about the dialogue with McDohl while he was fishing (the "How are you ?" thing), then I'm not sure who would make that comment if you bring Kasumi and other S1 characters. If you want to be safe, just bring her and no other S1 characters so that she'd talk in Banner Village, and she'd also had the scene in Gregminster.
The new chief of moderating team. If you notice any problems within the discussion forum, do inform me. Thank you.
RPEnthusiast

Thanks

Post by RPEnthusiast »

Alright. Thanks a lot. See, I was thinking that there was an additional scene for when you first encouter McDohl at the docks. I think I can recall bringing Kasumi for that extra scene in Gregminister, but for some reason, I'm having trouble remembering.

Perhaps the scene wasn't as detailed and in-depth as expected.
Ced The Lad

Post by Ced The Lad »

The suikoden 1 character in the highest slot will offer their dialogue in the docks.

As for Luc's dialogue, I say it was useful. He said "You haven't changed a bit". I didn't know about True Runes giving immortality until Luc proved it in what he said. (I wasn't a member of Suikosource back then).

Kasumi's dialogue was just between herself and Tir in Tir's room. She's just trying to brek the ice for so long. She says something along the lines of "Luc was right. You haven't changed at all". She says that regardless of whether or not Luc was with you to begin with.
http://www.suikox.com: Where the Tinto Republic continues to guide the masses through the sea of history.
Fugen

Post by Fugen »

Interesting thing about Mcdohl - he usually has NO lines in the game, except once at the castle of the Matilda Knights - you know, the one in which Riou and Nanami go on alone while the others hold the enemy off.

That's the only line of dialogue I saw from him in the whole game. (Sure, I'm assuming it's randomly generated to be assigned as 'parting' dialogue from the other members, but still, it sort of counts as a secret scene if you bring McDohl to Matilda?)
The Bryan

Post by The Bryan »

McDohl also has a line after the beast rune.Ithink its the random thing but he says"Its collapsing"or something like that

And also if u bring victor to meet him in banner victor says something but i cant recall what he says.
WERD
Red Killey
Elite Member

Post by Red Killey »

Fugen wrote:Interesting thing about Mcdohl - he usually has NO lines in the game, except once at the castle of the Matilda Knights - you know, the one in which Riou and Nanami go on alone while the others hold the enemy off.

That's the only line of dialogue I saw from him in the whole game. (Sure, I'm assuming it's randomly generated to be assigned as 'parting' dialogue from the other members, but still, it sort of counts as a secret scene if you bring McDohl to Matilda?)
Another dialogue of his is if you bring him along to Tinto and you chose to run away. But I think you have to put him in 4th or 5th slot to see the dialogue.
The new chief of moderating team. If you notice any problems within the discussion forum, do inform me. Thank you.
Occam Arkitect

Post by Occam Arkitect »

Red Killey wrote: I'm not 100% sure on this, but I think only one S1 character who would make a comment. So if you bring let's say Luc, Humphrey and Pesmerga, only one of them make a comment to McDohl. It's similar I guess to the dialogue with Hix and Tengaar in Lakewest inn.

This maybe overreacting...but I was kinda thinking of what you said. Bringing Pesmerga to banner? That made me think for a while, I never thought of bringing him there...I was about to start a new game, hoping for Pesmerga's dialogue, then I realized it wasn't technically possible. Hehe, so much for that one.

A funny experience: I brought flik and viktor on that scene, but I placed them in 5th and 6th slot. YEOW! They looked stupid with no comments.
Red Killey
Elite Member

Post by Red Killey »

Occam Arkitect wrote:This maybe overreacting...but I was kinda thinking of what you said. Bringing Pesmerga to banner? That made me think for a while, I never thought of bringing him there...I was about to start a new game, hoping for Pesmerga's dialogue, then I realized it wasn't technically possible. Hehe, so much for that one.
Why not possible? You could bring Pesmerga when you recruit McDohl if you want to.
A funny experience: I brought flik and viktor on that scene, but I placed them in 5th and 6th slot. YEOW! They looked stupid with no comments.
As mentioned before, I do believe that there can only be one S1 character that would make comment to McDohl in Banner Village. So if you have someone from S1 other than Fliktor in the party, that might be the case.
Game_110

Post by Game_110 »

Yeah I had Flick number 1 and Viktor second on the list and only Flick spoke... It kind sucks how they seem to ignore each other when they meet again. (You'd think Humphrey would've said something to Flick or Viktor, seeing as he most likely thought they were dead for all that time...)
Occam Arkitect

Post by Occam Arkitect »

Red Killey wrote: Why not possible? You could bring Pesmerga when you recruit McDohl if you want to.

As mentioned before, I do believe that there can only be one S1 character that would make comment to McDohl in Banner Village. So if you have someone from S1 other than Fliktor in the party, that might be the case.

Oops...theoretically you're right. I mean, I always do the McDohl stuff just right after Luca's defeat, and during that time pes' isn't available yet.

I thought the whole reason for that is because only 2nd-front row chars. have the chance to speak..so I was saying, my game launched Humphrey's "....long time." whatever-dialogue instead of flik/viktor's reminiscing, 'cause Humph's on 2nd-FR.
KFCrispy
Global Admin

Post by KFCrispy »

if you haven't noticed, there is an order for the party
1 2 3
4 5 6

the lowest number that is not Hero will talk, it's not always position 2.
kuroinekokun

Post by kuroinekokun »

I did read somewhere that if you brought Flik and Viktor together that they trigger an extra scene. But when I tried it, nothing happened.

As for Flik and Viktor with Humphrey... If you go to the bar and dun have them in your party, you'll see them drinking together. Humphrey doesn't talk that much but I'm sure he's relieved to see them alive.
Sid: He he he...
Riou: ??
Sid: Hoo Hoo Hoo HAHAHAHA!
AoiHonou

Post by AoiHonou »

I guess let's connect this one since it's related:

http://www.suikosource.com/phpBB3/viewtopic.php?t=2311