Relationship Factor

If you are stuck in the Dunan Unification Wars; or wish for more details on the gameplay systems, this is the place.
Gorudo

Relationship Factor

Post by Gorudo »

In my many playthroughs of Suikoden II, I've been experimenting. There are 2 occasions where you are able to compliment a female character, Emilia and Eilie.

Now, in one playthough, I complimented Eilie, but not Emilia, and said the worst things possible to Emilia. I brought her 0 books, and never visited the library. I used Eilie through the entire game, whenever it was possible. On many occasions wherein previous playthroughs the character waking up Riou and whatnot was Nanami, it was Eilie.

In a different playthough, I complimented Emilia, not Eilie, brought Emilia all the books, and constantly came to the library. I only used Eilie when it was required. Now, in this game, when the character had been Eilie, it was Emilia. (The normal events with Eilie did occur though)

Is it possible that there's a hidden "relationship factor" somewhere in this game? Or is this just coincidence?
KFCrispy
Global Admin

Post by KFCrispy »

hm, that might be interesting.

i never use the beasts so i've never had the problem of beasts waking me up and getting stuck at at table and wall or something. but i do think many are pretty random cuz characters i don't use often will show up.
Gorudo

Post by Gorudo »

I think it's specifically between Emilia, Eilie, and Nanami.
kuroinekokun

Post by kuroinekokun »

I was woken up by Luc once. Maybe it's the number of time you spoke/used the character. I don't know...
I just remembered that Luc said 'Oh... you're awake.' Then he leaves. Another time, I was woken up by Clive because I brought Clive everywhere I went because I was adamant to do the Clive Quest.
It's a theory but maybe it's because of that.
Sid: He he he...
Riou: ??
Sid: Hoo Hoo Hoo HAHAHAHA!
Joveeno

Post by Joveeno »

It's quite interesting but I think it doesn't depend on how much do you talk to a person nor how much you bring them. It's probably random. Why? Cause I've never bring Rulodia to my party, or even talked to her. But then she wakes me up and the game freeze! Oh, man.......

Notice that I only got Ellie wakes me up once.