Matilda Refugees

If you are stuck in the Dunan Unification Wars; or wish for more details on the gameplay systems, this is the place.
wolf88

Matilda Refugees

Post by wolf88 »

Is it possible for any of the Muse Refugees to survive Luca's pursuit? Even using a gameshark or anything, is it possible for the refugees to make it across the border?
When I die, I want to go like my grandpa did. Peacefully in his sleep. Not yelling and screaming like the people in the backseat.
Argento Breesa

Post by Argento Breesa »

Nope. sorry. Luca is riding a horse so he can travel fast to kill them all.
"If you have nothing better to say to me, then leave me alone." -me
Red Killey
Elite Member

Post by Red Killey »

It is actually possible for the refugees to survive even without using GameShark, you just have to be very lucky. But by achieving that, you're actually screwing yourself because the game would not allow the story to advance like that. The refugees would come closer and closer to the Matilda border, but the Matilda Knights (Gorudo and friends) would not give any space for the refugee to enter the area. So you'll be stuck there forever.
The new chief of moderating team. If you notice any problems within the discussion forum, do inform me. Thank you.
wolf88

Post by wolf88 »

Red Killey wrote:It is actually possible for the refugees to survive even without using GameShark, you just have to be very lucky. But by achieving that, you're actually screwing yourself because the game would not allow the story to advance like that. The refugees would come closer and closer to the Matilda border, but the Matilda Knights (Gorudo and friends) would not give any space for the refugee to enter the area. So you'll be stuck there forever.
Ahh okay. Thanks a ton. I suspected as much. I just remember that one time when I was playing it through, the refugees who had horrible stats, managed to avoid getting hit by all the wolfpack and generals. I remember getting over half way to the gate, but then Jowy got a few critical strikes. :( Poor folks from Muse :cry:
When I die, I want to go like my grandpa did. Peacefully in his sleep. Not yelling and screaming like the people in the backseat.
patapi
Forum Moderator

Post by patapi »

One of the flaws of the Suikoden II battle system. I was hoping that such unlikely but still possible turn of events would be catered in the game... but, alas, they took the "easy" way out.
Shirofan

Post by Shirofan »

Actually they did work this one out. Luca is an unkillable unit in all war battles. Even if the unlikely happened and all other pursuing units were wiped out then Luca would be free to go and kill them personally.

The refugees can cause as many swords of damage to Luca as they like, it will never remove him from the board and eventually they will fall to his attack.

However for this cicumstance to take place the battle will have been going for a considerable amount of time and the average person will be willing them to die already so they can get to play something themselves.

Post by Guest »

I was able to get the refugee to come in contact with my unit and the Knight's unit before, but nothing happen. The knights just sit at their border and nothing happen at all.
Judgement of Lorelai

Post by Judgement of Lorelai »

The game decides the refugees will not cross the boarder.. In my game, i was lucky that 2 refugee units met with Riou's unit and i healed them. They even manage to put a 1 sword on Luca when he attacked 1 unit...

This is what the survivors do, they will not go to the boarder instead, they will stay at the left hand corner of the map, past Gorudo and friends while I am holding Luca and company by myself.. Of course I gave in and Luca and company aim for the survivors.. The highlanders even attack Matilda Knights also but the Knights just defended and the refugees were slaughtered up close to them...
I don't hang around with weaklings...