[Guide] Beigoma collection and Story Guide

Discussions on specific quests/challenges/events in the game that will spoil the story.
srd_27

Re: [Guide] Beigoma collection and Story Guide

Post by srd_27 »

So, I've retried the whole Beigoma recruitment storyline on a fresh NG+ save, to check what's the nameless Beigoma trainer amount you need to defeat for the second-half of the story. (ignore my previous post in this thread)

Thudd: 3 enemies
Zeph: 2 enemies
Flowe: 3 enemies
Pyre: 4 enemies
Crash: 3 enemies

Total of 15 nameless Beigoma trainers you need to win against, to complete this Beigoma story. (you can do all 15 duels before facing Thudd, they'll still count for the subsequent story duels)

Combined with the 12 story duels, that makes a total of 27 Beigoma duels to recruit Reid.

Also fun fact, it's possible to lose the very first fight against Reid if you purposely not boosting against him, and you'll have to rematch him to progress through the story.
Antimatzist

Post by Antimatzist »

Antimatzist wrote: Wed Apr 24, 2024 2:44 am What determines Beigoma strength? My assumption is that intrinsic strength but also element and type play a role (don't know the English terms, but seems to be Attack>Magic>Guard>Attack) , but I wonder how much the latter two contribute
So apparently, that is not true, but elements play a role in determining damage. So if you struggle with a specific Beigoma, try to play around also with elements a bit.

I am not sure yet what the types do, but it's something like:
Attack: when crashing, your bar fills up easier (and you do more damage)?
Guard: you take less damage?
Magic: your bar to launch your special attack fills up faster?

Devil of Destruction is an absolute beats, when you crash with your enemy, it easily deals 500 damage against some Beigoma, lol.
KFCrispy
Global Admin

Post by KFCrispy »

yeah the stats are really confusing. I often choose begoma based on elemental advantage, but it doesn't really play out the way I'd expect. Each begoma has their own letter grade for the element, as well. It's possible the "type" such as Attack, Balance, etc might just be describing the stat spread, but if that's also a separate category, it's just way too complex.