Prunella build

Discussions on specific quests/challenges/events in the game that will spoil the story.
KFCrispy
Global Admin

Prunella build

Post by KFCrispy »

Ok, so recently I learned characters who attack with the magical elements use their MAG. In my first playthrough of the game, when I got Prunella, she had pretty good STR, and dedicated all of her rune slots to buffing STR, but I was always disappointed in her damage. Wasn't sure why she did so little until now! She attacks with Earth element, meaning she uses her MAG stat to attack! You'll have to buff her crappy MAG stat as much as possible to make her worth the baqua you wasted on her :)
patapi
Forum Moderator

Re: Prunella build

Post by patapi »

Similar issues with Marisa and Leon as well. Really gimped their combat abilities, when compared to others who have matching strong stat and weapon type.
KFCrispy
Global Admin

Post by KFCrispy »

patapi wrote: Sat Apr 27, 2024 4:46 pm Similar issues with Marisa and Leon as well. Really gimped their combat abilities, when compared to others who have matching strong stat and weapon type.
Using the Sword of Magic skill will apply magic to their attack, so these are good candidates for it, as well as Francesca!
patapi
Forum Moderator

Post by patapi »

If only there's an auto-friendly option for stat swapping...
loldrums

Post by loldrums »

KFCrispy wrote: Sun May 05, 2024 11:09 am
Using the Sword of Magic skill will apply magic to their attack, so these are good candidates for it, as well as Francesca!
You can also buy Dark 3 and Fire 3 Rune shards to use on these characters.

For Prunella, can you eventually put a Sidewinder or similar SP rune on her that deals physical damage? I assume that would scale off of her Str?
Julian

Post by Julian »

loldrums wrote: Wed May 15, 2024 11:21 pm
KFCrispy wrote: Sun May 05, 2024 11:09 am
You can also buy Dark 3 and Fire 3 Rune shards to use on these characters.

For Prunella, can you eventually put a Sidewinder or similar SP rune on her that deals physical damage? I assume that would scale off of her Str?
I don't think so, because her weapon isn't "Throw", it's "Earth". (But feel free to correct me if I'm wrong...)