[SATURN] New HQ dialogue

A forum to ask questions if you are stuck in the The Gate Rune Wars; or wish for more clarity on the gameplay systems.
Raww Le Klueze
Global Admin

[SATURN] New HQ dialogue

Post by Raww Le Klueze »

So the Saturn version includes some new dialogue for NPC's in the castle reacting to events because one of the main complaints of the original was that people in the castle have no reaction to things that happen.

Julian was able to datamine the lines and there's a total of 35 and I was able to go through the game and find them to see who was saying it and in response to what (in the cases where it wasn't obvious).

Also found a bug where Flik, Viktor, Pahn and Cleo are supposed to have lines about Gremio's resurrection but this event gets flagged at the same time as the last battle so you can only see their lines for the upcoming battle instead. Seems like these lines maybe should only appear if you didn't resurrect Gremio.

There's also what appears to be an event between Pahn and Cleo where they're supposed to have a short conversation with eachother but I was unable to trigger it but they also have separate lines at this point so it's probably unused. Theoretically it doesn't have to be Cleo and Pahn but based on what they say it seems it should happen if Pahn survives against Teo. The developer interview included a list of characters that would change their lines so that's what I went by, if it was incomplete it's possible this is a conversation between other people that I didn't check but seems unlikely.

There was also one line I was unable to find in the game, based on it's placement it should be a response to Pahn surviving against Teo or Teo being defeated by Tir.

The most interesting thing about this, to me, is that they actually put lines in for events that most people would want to avoid, like Pahn dying, not getting all 108 stars so Gremio doesn't come back etc.

Most of the time the new lines will overwrite what they used to say until it changes again, though in some cases the line will only be active for a short while and then revert to the "normal" one.

Another interesting tidbit is that Milich refers to the Liberation Army as the "Alliance". This is the only time in the game anyone uses that term and I think it's probably just a brain fart because Suikoden II was in production at the same time and the City-State is called the Alliance in Japanese.

- After Soniere Prison -

Cleo: Young Master... please try to cheer up.
Viktor: Hey, what's up? Ha ha... yeah, it's probably hard this early on, but try to cheer up.
Flik: Tir... you should get some rest for now.
Pahn: Gremio... I wish I could have had his stew one last time...
Camille: Tir.... That guy... Gremio was... No, never mind. I guess it won't matter even if I told you. Sorry, I didn't mean to make you feel bad.

- Pahn loses against Teo -

Cleo: Young Master... don't blame yourself for what happened with Pahn. He and I, we're warriors, risking our lives is part of our job... It's inevitable. He.. I'm sure he felt the same way.
Mathiu: About Pahn... your decision wasn't wrong. Part of being a leader is making the right choice, even if it's hard. Such is your fate...
Antonio: I'll make sure to prepare a meal for Pahn too, just in case. The way that guy eats, if he suddenly comes back we'd be in a lot trouble.

- Pahn survives against Teo -

Pahn: Lord Tir. Looks like I'll have to keep working hard to protect you.
Cleo: Lord Tir, Pahn eats more than ever before but it looks like he's stronger too.

- After defeating Teo -

Pahn: Lord Tir... Lord Teo was my inspiration. He was and always will be... His death was glorious and honorable...
Viktor: Your old man... I guess he knew. He knew... that the Empire can't win.
Milich: Teo was a great general of the Empire, just as you are a great leader of the alliance. I will offer flowers to my fallen comrade. But you should move on, as a tribute to him.
Kwanda: I can't believe I got to witness the end of Teo with my own eyes. Unbelievable. And soon, the Empire too...
Kai: You fought well. It was a glorious duel. Though I know it must have been hard for you.

- After resurrecting Gremio -

Gremio: Young Master, I can take care of you again.
Pahn: You mean we can have Gremio's stew again?! <-bugged
Cleo: That's great, isn't it, Lord Tir? <-bugged
Viktor: Ha ha, good for you Tir. We'll need all the help we can get. Ha ha ha ha ha! <-bugged
Flik: Ha ha ha. I guess things like that really can happen.
<-bugged
Sarah: I can't believe that Gremio. He's taking my job. Can't you do something about him?
Camille: Ha ha... that's a relief. Now I won't be saddled with his debt. Thank you...

- The Last Battle -

Cleo: Looks like we're finally at the end.
Pahn: Come on, let's go get something eat before the final battle.
Flik: This is it... just keep doing your best after this battle is over, Leader.
Viktor: Ha ha ha... don't worry. You'll be fine.
Milich: Let's go see the Emperor...
Sonya: If we win this battle... it will be the end of the Empire. The Empire we've been protecting all this time...
Kwanda: If we go to the Emperor, we will have to fight him...
Kasim: I remember that day Teo brought you to the audience... that was the day the Empire's fate was sealed.
Krin: Okay... I'm going for it. This is the moment... Kee hee hee.

- Unused conversation -

Pahn(?): Ha ha! Lord Tir! It's great to be alive! And the food is great too!!!
Cleo(?): What are you talking about? You say everything tastes great all the time.
Pahn(?): Ha ha ha! But it's even better today!!!

- Unknown -

Good for you, Tir.
Doctorum Non Urina Singulus.
JuveLeo

Re: [SATURN] New HQ dialogue

Post by JuveLeo »

Awesome! I always love reading new diologue for Suikoden games. Especially the original
MasterGrand

Post by MasterGrand »

But Sega Saturn only Japanese version...., any English version ?
MasterGrand

Post by MasterGrand »

I'm still waiting answer ?
Antimatzist

Post by Antimatzist »

There is no English Version of the Saturn version.