Rune Combinations for Fighters

A forum to ask people who have played the games about gameplay questions.
KFCrispy
Global Admin

Re: Rune Combinations for Fighters

Post by KFCrispy »

Eugene with less PDF is not a problem. since he's going to drawn the majority of the attacks, you're almost required to give him the best armors anyway, and you can (and should) develop his defensive skills. i was also talking about giving it to him in late levels when his EVA goes through the roof!
KFCrispy
Global Admin

Post by KFCrispy »

@Wolkendrache did you ever provide the spreadsheet with Gale Rune? the link you provided (version 3) seems to be similar to version 2..
Wolkendrache
Forum Moderator

Post by Wolkendrache »

This calculator shows you the max damage potential of certain runes or rune combinations used by the different characters, under circumstances, some of which are fixed and others modifiable. You can modify a lot, but not the character levels (between 36 and 40 here) or in other words the number of spells available for the calculation of max damage within 3 turns (1 Magic Sword cycle).

My assumption of how the gale rune works was wrong, so I dropped the idea of adding it to the calculator along the way. The action bar system is quite complicated, so I had to ignore everything related to speed in this calculator.
Usually I’m using the gale rune for the 3rd free rune slot…
Fighters: Command + Elemental Sword + Gale
Mages: Elemental Magic + Wizard + Gale
"Within the four seas, all men are brothers" Shuihu Zhuan
KFCrispy
Global Admin

Post by KFCrispy »

ah ok. Yeah gale is very useful in this game. but it's also nice to get big damage numbers :)

For mages I prefer to have more versatility - Wizard with 2 elements, one being Cyclone if possible for the lv 3 Shredding, and not everyone is up for the challenge of farming Obel elemental chambers.
Early on, Lightning w/Fire is the most useful combination, but when you get lv 4's that Wind Rune's Shredding is still very good to have as an option.
KFCrispy
Global Admin

Post by KFCrispy »

I wanted to take a look at the spreadsheet again, and after changing Enemy PDF there is something wrong with the "radio_mod Warrior" column because it will end up with a lower damage modifier in several cases. For example, I put in 30 for Enemy PDF, and Frederica in row 3 shows she has a 1.2 normal ratio_mod, but a 1.15 ratio_mod Warrior value. I went through the formula and it found every condition was false and ended up using your last value to display when everything is false, which is 1.15.

There is a cleaner way to do this by making a table of the ratios with vlookup using the "false" for exact matching ;)
Wolkendrache
Forum Moderator

Post by Wolkendrache »

Take a look at the annotations page of the spreadsheet. The ratio mod actually decreases after a certain point. In your example, Fredericas ratio between her Str (43) and the enemy’s PDf (30) is 1.43, resulting in a ratio mod of 1.2; With a Warrior Rune equipped the ratio between her Str and enemy PDf raises to 2.00 I think, resulting in ratio mod 1.15.
I forgot where these ratio mod numbers come from, official info or testing. But I wouldn’t simply assume that the last number (1.15) is a typo.
"Within the four seas, all men are brothers" Shuihu Zhuan