True Rune Incarnates *Spoilers*

Hypothesis for, and analyses of, the various locations and backstory of the Suikoden world.
bluemask

True Rune Incarnates *Spoilers*

Postby bluemask » Sat Oct 28, 2017 11:04 pm

Since it's apparent True Runes have incarnates such as:
Night Rune → Star Dragon Sword
T.Fire Rune → Red Dragon during the Flame Champion Test
T.Wind Rune → Bird
So on...

Do all runes have possible incarnations? And does a bearer gain the ability to summon them (such as Luc's calling of the Wind Rune Incarnate during the events of S3)? It's also questionable as to how some of them doesn't seem to be as powerful as they pose to be (Red Dragon seems contained in the Chisha Village). Moreover, the Sun Rune incarnate appears to be a Moth (since Falena is a moth in Italian apparently) but doesn't makes sense as the Sun Rune belongs to the Ancient Armes and not in Falena in the first place. Do these incarnates take influences from their prior owners?

It bugs me but totally piqued my curiosity lol.

veriaqa

Re: True Rune Incarnates *Spoilers*

Postby veriaqa » Tue Nov 21, 2017 3:31 am

First of all : The star Dragon Sword is not Night runue's incarnation. The Star Dragon Sword is the night rune itself.

On to your question, I think it depend on the true runes. Some probably have incarnation some don't. And if they all do have incarnation, we can only guess what incarnation specific true rune has. But guessing is what we all fans do :wink:
I've came with an army who loves death like Yours loves live.

sticky-runes

Postby sticky-runes » Tue Nov 21, 2017 12:19 pm

Well the Beast Rune manifests itself as a giant two headed wolf, and the rune symbol is a pair of wolf heads, so that's a given.

As for the sun rune taking the form of a moth, that's kinda weird, but then it would probably be weirder to fight a massive fireball. Maybe it became a moth because Godwin is a Falenan and he's trying to save Falena in his own way? So, if somebody were to use the sun rune to fight for Britain, maybe it would be incarnated as a bulldog or a lady armed with a trident. Of course i wish somebody would use the sun rune over here and dry up all the fricking rain.

veriaqa

Postby veriaqa » Tue Nov 21, 2017 10:04 pm

Well, I could see that true runes might have more than one icarnations. Maybe they have some preffered form, but I'm sure they can incarnate in other forms too.

bluemask

Postby bluemask » Wed Nov 22, 2017 9:48 am

veriaqa wrote:First of all : The star Dragon Sword is not Night runue's incarnation. The Star Dragon Sword is the night rune itself.
Oh, I stand corrected. Yeah, it never took the form of a tattoo...

sticky-runes wrote:So, if somebody were to use the sun rune to fight for Britain, maybe it would be incarnated as a bulldog or a lady armed with a trident. Of course i wish somebody would use the sun rune over here and dry up all the fricking rain.
Made me say wtf but this is terrible and funny at the same time.. my gahd. :lol:

Now if the Blue Moon rune became a giant blue moon, that would be something to behold...

veriaqa

Postby veriaqa » Wed Nov 22, 2017 8:36 pm

bluemask wrote:
veriaqa wrote:First of all : The star Dragon Sword is not Night runue's incarnation. The Star Dragon Sword is the night rune itself.

sticky-runes wrote:So, if somebody were to use the sun rune to fight for Britain, maybe it would be incarnated as a bulldog or a lady armed with a trident. Of course i wish somebody would use the sun rune over here and dry up all the fricking rain.
Made me say wtf but this is terrible and funny at the same time.. my gahd. :lol:

Now if the Blue Moon rune became a giant blue moon, that would be something to behold...

:lol: Imagine if Sun rune became a giant Red Sun, that would be something scary to face as final boss and devastating to the suikoverse. Fortunately it chooses moth as its incarnation.

sticky-runes

Postby sticky-runes » Thu Nov 23, 2017 5:25 am

bluemask wrote:

I think you were right the first time. The Star Dragon Sword is a true rune that has taken on a physical form. That's basically what an incarnation is - the material manifestation of an entity, god or force whose original nature is immaterial (in the case of Suikoden a True Rune)
Even Viktor describes the SDS as an incarnation of the Night Rune.

One of the books in Suikoden V explains that the Night Rune originally became a sword so that it could sever the bond between itself and the Sun Rune, and the Dawn and Twilight runes came into being after that bond was cut.

The Night Rune probably took inspiration from the sword that emerged from the tear of darkness during the story of creation.

bluemask

Postby bluemask » Sat Dec 09, 2017 8:53 pm

Hmm supposing that the SDS has chosen the sword as its physical form, then it suggests they can have an incarnate of their choosing then. I guess that answers my question.

Kind of off topic, but, can the Dragons appearing on the 4th Spell of the Elemental True Runes be also considered as incarnates? I believe so, yes...

Return to “Geography/History/Rune Theories”