[Codes] Gameshark codes

If you are stuck in the Dunan Unification Wars; or wish for more details on the gameplay systems, this is the place.
faospark

Re: [Codes] Gameshark codes

Post by faospark »

Metsu wrote: Sat Apr 23, 2016 10:56 am I believe Pyriel or someone already provided this code somewhere, but I forget where. Here are some gameshark codes I made that would do this.

All shops refresh every time you talk to them:
50003C06 0000
8006a502 0000
(writes 00 for time since last checked constantly)
It also resets the Progress of your Castle Shops: Item, Rune, Armory. the game can self fix itself by revisiting all stores locations
Pyriel
Webmaster

Post by Pyriel »

Yeah, the various castle shops check the "last visited" value for each relevant town shop to see if the inventory associated with it should be included. Just change the last part of the second line to 0001, and you'll be fine as long as you're not also using a code to set the playtime to zero.
Dify

Post by Dify »

KFCrispy wrote: Tue Sep 04, 2018 8:47 pm
Dify wrote: Sun Sep 02, 2018 2:09 amWhere can i get gs on this,and how i modify it via gs?
http://www.suikosource.com/games/gs2/gu ... digits.php
Thanks duude
By the way Is there a way to make infinite mp permanent?
KFCrispy
Global Admin

Post by KFCrispy »

Dify wrote: Sun Sep 09, 2018 5:09 pm By the way Is there a way to make infinite mp permanent?
no you'd need to have the cheat code active.
faospark

Post by faospark »

@Pyriel Thanks.
@KFCrispy, the guide for item digits for suikoden 2 has some special character issues that are not displayed properly on the browser.
Dify

Post by Dify »

Excuse me but can i reduce my level,my mcdohl is lvl 58,i want to reduce him, to level 45 so i can use l renoulle glitch,thank youu^^
KFCrispy
Global Admin

Post by KFCrispy »

Dify wrote: Thu Sep 13, 2018 12:06 am Excuse me but can i reduce my level,my mcdohl is lvl 58,i want to reduce him, to level 45 so i can use l renoulle glitch,thank youu^^
Use the code to set the character's level (found in Codetwink) and change the last 2 characters...
Setting McDohl to lv 99 is 3006A3F6 0063 because 63 in hexadecimal is 99 in decimal. The hexadecimal value for decimal 45 is 2D, so the code should be 3006A3F6 002D
Note that changing the level number doesn't affect stats, so you're going to get inflated stats by lowering the character's numerical level and letting them level up again.

faospark wrote: Sun Sep 09, 2018 8:38 pm @KFCrispy, the guide for item digits for suikoden 2 has some special character issues that are not displayed properly on the browser.
I am aware of that, but we can't update the webpages right now :(
faospark

Post by faospark »

@KFCrispy . noted, it seems the problem is on alot of pages. thanks again :D
KFCrispy
Global Admin

Post by KFCrispy »

it's more due to the changes in technology, adopting different character sets as the new standard over time
Pyriel
Webmaster

Post by Pyriel »

All the browsers have moved onto HTML 5, which assumes the text is UTF-8 by default, and the site is still assuming the HTML 4 standard (ISO-8859-1 character set). They're going to have to add meta tags or new header() calls to every page on the site, re-encode every PHP, HTML, CSS, etc. file, or add a character set directive to the style sheet and hope it catches everything. Sounds like a fun project.

I only see it on that one page, though. I'm a bit mystified by that odd apostrophe character being used there in the first place. I assume it was cut & pasted from somewhere.
faospark

Post by faospark »

a very mundane code but none the less works.
# Castle : Bath House Unlock Open Air Bath (Castle must be level 4)
8006AA18 0015

any tools out there to make it easier to look into the ram?
NdutzzDohl

Post by NdutzzDohl »

if i play at ePSXe how to enter the code, please tell me. ( Indo Suiko )
Pyriel
Webmaster

Post by Pyriel »

If you're using the latest version of ePSXe with the built-in cheat engine, they make you edit a file in a text editor outside the emulator. It also won't refresh the codes until you restart it.

The file you need to edit will be in the "cheats" folder inside the directory where you installed ePSXe. It will have the same name as the startup executable for the game. If you're using the US version, it'll be "SLUS_009.58.txt".
FuzzyPangolin

Post by FuzzyPangolin »

SunomonoSandwich wrote: Thu Aug 23, 2018 3:15 pm This might seem trivial but here is my code to allow me to complete Clive's quest while taking my time.

D006AA52 000B
8006AA52 0000

line 1 - Check if game hours = 11
line 2 - set it back to 0

You should be able to keep this code on and the game time will progress like normal. Once you get to 11 hours it will reset back to 0.
11 hours is the time limit for Clive's first part of his sub-quest
Can anyone confirm if this works as intended and doesn't jam up any other game mechanics that would run on a timer system? I haven't played Suikoden 2 in about fifteen years so I'm bound to be slow and inefficient.
Pyriel
Webmaster

Post by Pyriel »

It doesn't hurt anything. When I was running repeatedly to test bugs and fixes, I'd just cycle through the first 3 hours of the game endlessly.

The worst that will happen to you is that any store you're monitoring for Rare Finds will miss one reset. Whenever you talk to one of those shopkeepers, the game stores the last time the shop was accessed. The next time, it checks that against a threshold of elapsed time to see if the Rare Finds should refresh. Obviously, if the last-accessed time is in the future, that's not going to work, even if it was actually 5 hours ago. You can mitigate this pretty easily by going to those shops once after the timer rolls over. You might lose a refresh, but if that bothers you, you can always use a code to zero out the timestamp for that shop. You're already using cheats anyway.

Frankly, I never had an issue with the Rare Finds. The recipes and collectibles tend to have a pretty high probability of appearing (maybe 100%), and were usually in the shop the first time I visited. The rest are just bonuses that weren't worth the hassle if they didn't appear coincidentally when I was shopping for other things.

Offhand, the only other thing I can think of that runs off the play-time (aside from Clive) is Pilika Points. That's a counter that increments based on several events, one of which is some amount of elapsed play-time. However, the counter will keep its value, even if the clock resets, and it should continue to increment even after it does. It shouldn't ever be an issue. I can't imagine you'd hang around that phase of the game for 11+ hours anyway.