Elemental Attributes & Status Effects (Enemies) / Bestiary

If you are stuck in the Dunan Unification Wars; or wish for more details on the gameplay systems, this is the place.
Antimatzist

Re: Elemental Attributes & Status Effects (Enemies) / Bestiary

Post by Antimatzist »

Awesome.
Celes
Global Admin

Post by Celes »

BadPotato wrote:there could be black sword and blinking rune to add...
We detected the Black Sword and the Blinking Rune, as well the the third and fourth spell of Blue Gate as non-elemental, so I decided to combine them into the "No Elem" group.
Pyriel wrote:There is one set of encounters for that area, consisting of 6 different enemy groups (10 groups are indicated, but a few are redundant pointers). There are 5 groups that are made up wholly of a single type of one of the other two enemies, and one mixed group. None of them have third enemy, which has a name that converts to "4<something><something>". I don't even see a "dead" set of encounter data that includes it. I'll have to try editing him into a couple of the groups when I reach that area.
Hmm... it seems to me they forgot to add this foe to one of the enounter groups. There is no reason to ignore the Cyclone rune, while the others are present in loot tables. I guess I'll remove it from the list then.

I'm curios about your results anyway.
Omnigamer

Post by Omnigamer »

I know this was a long time ago, but could Celes or Pyriel post the query, file output, or resulting database in some way?
Pyriel
Webmaster

Post by Pyriel »

I have the queries in a backup of my old site, but the resulting database is the Bestiary on this site.
Omnigamer

Post by Omnigamer »

I saw that a significant number of the entries were pruned when added to the Bestiary; if the original results included the actual encounter set information, that's mostly what I'm interested in. I can work at parsing them out from the files as well, but I'm still trying to work out the data organization and structs.
Pyriel
Webmaster

Post by Pyriel »

Here's the query batch I generated for Celes, and a formatted list produced with the same ripper. I don't have the code anymore. It's been almost a decade, and I'm pretty sure I ended up doing all of this on a local server I cobbled together to run MySQL and SQL Server for various purposes.

http://herrvillain.net/suikoden/gs2/enemiesquery.txt
http://herrvillain.net/suikoden/gs2/enemiesfull.txt