[Mods] Suikoden 2 hardcore 1.5

If you are stuck in the Dunan Unification Wars; or wish for more details on the gameplay systems, this is the place.
Shilo

[Mods] Suikoden 2 hardcore 1.5

Post by Shilo »

Suikoden 2 hardcore version 1.5

There was an unfortunate mistake with 1.4 which caused the game to crash at mist shade boss.
It was fixed alongside some other things. Hopefully there should be no more crashes during battles.
Link to the patch:
http://www.mediafire.com/file/k0yjcx14vp440xf/S2H1.5
Last edited by Shilo on Mon Jun 12, 2017 12:06 pm, edited 10 times in total.
ninjaluc79

Re: Suikoden 2 emerges again?

Post by ninjaluc79 »

User @healme is also currently working on a mod. I really cannot mod anything yet as I don't have the tools for it, but I do have some ideas in mind on how to balance everything so that players will be encouraged to use every single playable character instead of just picking the same characters every run.

Check out this thread by @healme to learn more:

https://suikosource.com/phpBB3/viewtopi ... 76#p158776
It's not all about knowledge, but it helps.
nks

Re: Suikoden 2 nightmare

Post by nks »

Just wanted to say thanks! This should make things more of a challenge on Suikoden II finally!!
Shilo

Post by Shilo »

Actually i have to credit suikosource members and bloggers.
I got info reading forum discussions about gameshark codes creation and by reading documents compiled. After that, research was made to implement some spells nerfing and rune unlocks.
Last edited by Shilo on Sat Mar 11, 2017 10:44 am, edited 1 time in total.
Shilo

Post by Shilo »

I'm surprised a mod was'nt made from this info buffet during all these years.
Sharpian

Post by Sharpian »

I have been looking for a hard mode for Suikoden 2 for years! Is there a list of what changes are in this mod? If not could you let me know if its just stat type changes to make it more challenging? Thanks :)
Shilo

Post by Shilo »

Sharpian wrote:I have been looking for a hard mode for Suikoden 2 for years! Is there a list of what changes are in this mod? If not could you let me know if its just stat type changes to make it more challenging? Thanks :)
Stats and drop changes for monsters, some initial characters parameters changes, some duels parameters, rune slot unlocks for some characters and four spells were altered.
tntdsc

Post by tntdsc »

I'm playing your mod (I'm in Tinto right now) and it seems like you nerfed physical attack too much. It gets easily countered and damage is mediocre. Double beat got hugely nerfed. Also the new rune slots you opened for some characters don't work. Only magic is viable.
Shilo

Post by Shilo »

tntdsc wrote:I'm playing your mod (I'm in Tinto right now) and it seems like you nerfed physical attack too much. It gets easily countered and damage is mediocre. Double beat got hugely nerfed. Also the new rune slots you opened for some characters don't work. Only magic is viable.
Naniii? Rune slots should work, they are high level unlocks at 70 to 90 depending on the character. The attacks are hard to connect for sure at lower lvls.
tntdsc

Post by tntdsc »

Shilo wrote:
tntdsc wrote:I'm playing your mod (I'm in Tinto right now) and it seems like you nerfed physical attack too much. It gets easily countered and damage is mediocre. Double beat got hugely nerfed. Also the new rune slots you opened for some characters don't work. Only magic is viable.
Naniii? Rune slots should work, they are high level unlocks at 70 to 90 depending on the character. The attacks are hard to connect for sure at lower lvls.
Rikimaru is lvl 80 and Shilo is lvl 78. When I open "Strength" in the menu, it does show that their Lh slots are opened. But when I try to attach a rune, those slots are greyed out and the runemaster says he can't attach runes (I tried Jeane and the runemaster at South Window).

Knockdown was the only thing I found somewhat useful about physical attacks, but a full mage party seemed pretty much the only way to go.

Also, running away from enemies was not difficult. I think it should be harder, in order to make people use the "bribe" function more often and plan ahead before adventuring. But without a buff to physical attacks that would break the game.

IMO magic in general should be nerfed and physical attacks buffed, either the chance to hit or raw damage. Final Bell, for example, is too strong against some enemies.

Lastly, potch ceases to be a problem in the Toran Republic quest. Those Samurais in the way are very weak to Final Bell and give a lot of potch. Very easy to grind.

Your mod is pretty good, but maybe it needs some more tweaks. When I finish it I'll give more feedback.
Shilo

Post by Shilo »

I'll look into it asap.
borjitasstoi

Post by borjitasstoi »

my body its ready 8)
Shilo

Post by Shilo »

I found out i had to change the same data at many places. Planning an update for next month.
Squall

Post by Squall »

Suikoden 2 maybe easy ish but it makes it so you can take your favorite characters and beat the game.
Will it be harder but is everyone is still viable endgame?
May I request some kind of patch notes?
Shilo

Post by Shilo »

Squall wrote:Suikoden 2 maybe easy ish but it makes it so you can take your favorite characters and beat the game.
Will it be harder but is everyone is still viable endgame?
May I request some kind of patch notes?
The next update will feature detailed notes about the modifications, should you need some specific information i might tell you if i know. I think the mod will get less difficult with the rune slot unlocks.