Bug Fixes

If you are stuck in the Dunan Unification Wars; or wish for more details on the gameplay systems, this is the place.
suikokid2

Re: Bug Fixes

Post by suikokid2 »

I remember trying the stat stone glitch trick in the PSP version and i think it didnt work, are you sure all the bugs are in the japanese PSP Port?
Pyriel
Webmaster

Post by Pyriel »

If you're playing it, focking play it and find out. How is it that you have 97 copies of this game for no other than reason than to wander websites aimlessly asking if anybody can confirm your random observations? The stat stone "glitch" isn't even considered a bug. Since as far as anyone can tell, Konami designed the game to behave that way, whether it's open to exploitation or not.
Raww Le Klueze
Global Admin

Post by Raww Le Klueze »

Well if the stat stones trick doesn't work in the PSP version, and I sincerely doubt they don't, then that's a new bug or they fixed what they saw as an exploit. And if they fixesd it that would require that the game can tell which stat ups come from a stat stone and from regular level ups, and I don't think this game is sophisticated enough to tell that difference.
Doctorum Non Urina Singulus.
suikokid2

Post by suikokid2 »

Sorry i made a mistake
Maliquem

Post by Maliquem »

I can't make this patch work. I tried everything.
When i open the "gs2patcher.bat", the CMD windows flashs and thats it.
I even tried to open the "patchdlg.lua" through the "lua-interface.exe", but the same thing happen.

I think i am missing something. I have a Windows 10 PRO x64
Pls someone help...
Pyriel
Webmaster

Post by Pyriel »

Download it from here ("Clone or Download -> Download Zip"), and follow the instructions in readme.html.

https://github.com/pyriell/gs2-bugfixes
Maliquem

Post by Maliquem »

Pyriel wrote:Download it from here ("Clone or Download -> Download Zip"), and follow the instructions in readme.html.

https://github.com/pyriell/gs2-bugfixes

I am using that version. I tried again just to be safe...
The window just flashes.
Pyriel
Webmaster

Post by Pyriel »

Runs fine for me on Windows 10 64-bit. If you didn't extract the file, do that. It won't run from a compressed folder. Otherwise, it's probably a UAC issue or something, but the only way to see is to try running the batch file from the command line. I posted instructions on doing that earlier in the thread.

http://www.suikosource.com/phpBB3/viewt ... 55#p158566
2eahis0wn

Post by 2eahis0wn »

Pyriel is there a way for you to re-enable the Sindar ruins after completing that section of the story? Sure would be cool to encounter the spawns there again.
Omnigamer

Post by Omnigamer »

That's probably related to at least 2 different story flags: one for placing the triangle piece, and one for defeating double head. The encounters change depending on which of those flags are active. I think it would be pretty trivial to make a code for that, but trickier to determine the exact memory locations for those flags.
Pyriel
Webmaster

Post by Pyriel »

Purely conjecture, but it might work the way the North Sparrow bypass glitch works. There's a set of temporary flags that can be set, cleared, and checked for any transitory purpose, so it probably checks various story flags on entry and then sets one of the temporary flags. I'd be more likely to investigate the scripts that run, and force that one to exit without setting its result. It would probably be easier than trying to manage bit flags in codes.

What happens after you finish the ruins the first time? I'm thinking the encounters change, but I don't remember for sure. I don't think I've ever actually tried to go back there later.
2eahis0wn

Post by 2eahis0wn »

What happens after you finish the ruins the first time? I'm thinking the encounters change, but I don't remember for sure. I don't think I've ever actually tried to go back there later.
Immediately after finishing the ruins it quite frankly becomes one - abandoned. Since monsters there can't be encountered anymore there's really no point going back there. Although I also think that it might be a homage to the Suikoden lore regarding Sindarin people. They have this habit of leaving ruins in their wake. Maybe the "Doublehead" boss is the anchor to this hidden magic regarding Sindar and it goes away once the monster is disposed of. I surely would want Pyriel to use his true rune to get to the bottom of this but also mindful that maybe the people behind this wonderful game worked it out that way - Sindarin style. Ofcourse the Suikoden metaverse is always paramount. Maybe add it as an optional patch in the future if it can be done?
Last edited by 2eahis0wn on Sun Apr 09, 2017 1:53 am, edited 1 time in total.
Omnigamer

Post by Omnigamer »

Well, I don't think it's right to call it a bug - it seems like exactly what was intended for this area. As such I don't think having a patch for it is necessarily the right approach. An AR code to make the area encounters active again would be more appropriate, and would take overall less effort than a patch. If I have some time tomorrow I can fool around with hunting for flags.
suikokid2

Post by suikokid2 »

Pyriel wrote:If you're playing it, focking play it and find out. How is it that you have 97 copies of this game for no other than reason than to wander websites aimlessly asking if anybody can confirm your random observations? The stat stone "glitch" isn't even considered a bug. Since as far as anyone can tell, Konami designed the game to behave that way, whether it's open to exploitation or not.
I DID try it and to my memory i dont think it worked (least i think it didnt work, not sure?) Pretty sure it didnt bc i dont think the stats went up after i kept dying retrying to do the trick. Also reason i didnt keep trying it is cause why on earth would i want to keep restarting new games of it?
Raww Le Klueze wrote:Well if the stat stones trick doesn't work in the PSP version, and I sincerely doubt they don't, then that's a new bug or they fixed what they saw as an exploit. And if they fixesd it that would require that the game can tell which stat ups come from a stat stone and from regular level ups, and I don't think this game is sophisticated enough to tell that difference.
Even if they fixed it, why would suikosource say its still in the games?
Pyriel
Webmaster

Post by Pyriel »

If you're this interested in determining whether or not it works in a particular version, why wouldn't you try it a few times? It'd take like 5 minutes. Find a stat stone, save, check your stats, use the stone, go out and die, "Don't Give Up", check your stats, and repeat. You say you don't "think" it worked. Well, write a few things down and confirm it. Take a picture or two, if you can manage it. We'll all thank you when Raww can add an errata section to his article and correct the record.