Scenes that would have made good cut scenes

A forum for people who have played the game concerning the Sun Rune War to answer gameplay questions.
sticky-runes

Scenes that would have made good cut scenes

Post by sticky-runes »

Suikoden 5 is kind of weird for having some of the most mundane storyline events (such as Gizel talking to his dad or Dolph) as fully animated cut scenes with voices and fancy camera angles and everything, while other times there are some dramatic moments that just play out with the usual in game graphics. Which of these moments do you think would have looked good as full on cut scenes?

For me I would like to have seen the intimate chat between Ferid and Arshtat fully animated. They showed us Ferid entering the room and dismissing the lady-in-waiting, and then when he starts talking to Arshtat about running away together and how beautiful she still is, it's all in normal graphics. Both characters had decent voice actors and the game has some nicely animated facial expressions, so seeing this conversation in more detail would have been nice, and would make their deaths all the more more tragic.

I also would like to have seen Jeane trying to attach the sun rune to Lymsleia in more detail. Jeane has been our chief rune mistress sinc ethe beginning of the series so I think a fully animated scene of her using her powers (and doing more than just strutting into a room and giggling) would have been a bit more satisfying to fans. and hearing Lym call her a hussy and getting frustrated about not receiving the Sun Rune's power like her mother did would have made things a bit more tense.

For more action, I would like to have seen the prince and Bernadette activating the rune cannon and blasting the sea monster just as it's about to attack the Elmlark. Seeing the destruction and Yahr and Nelis' fearful expressions in more detail would remind us how deadly rune cannons are. And I would have liked to see some gory effects where the monster's bits and pieces get splattered all over the shipwreck!

And I would like to have seen Roog and the Prince riding Lance over to the Dahak and making a more heroic entrance when they confront Bahram Luger. That moment looked really wanky with the normal graphics.
sticky-runes

Re: Scenes that would have made good cut scenes

Post by sticky-runes »

Screw you all then.
KFCrispy
Global Admin

Post by KFCrispy »

good ideas :) unfortunately this series is kind of dead (or VERY dead?), so you can't expect us to be actively reading and responding to everything nowadays :P
sticky-runes

Post by sticky-runes »

hence my second post on this thread providing you all with swift and ample instruction to go screw yourselves.
Sasarai10
Forum Moderator

Post by Sasarai10 »

Maybe when you catch that massive fish in the fishing game.

It'd be nice to see how Subala sounds.
sticky-runes

Post by sticky-runes »

I don't think I've ever done that. Is there a special dialogue when it occurs?
Sasarai10
Forum Moderator

Post by Sasarai10 »

I don't remember, but I think Raja leaves a comment on the comment box.