What if Luc succeeds/another attempt at destroying the runes?

Questions about the locations mentioned in the series; and those about the backstory not seen in the games.
RevKoden

What if Luc succeeds/another attempt at destroying the runes?

Post by RevKoden »

What do you think would happen?

Will humanity continues? Will the non-human sentient species(Kobolds, and mermaids) gone?
Antimatzist

Re: What if Luc succeeds/another attempt at destroying the runes?

Post by Antimatzist »

Nobody really knows what happens. I think they only mentioned in Suikoden III that it goes BOOM and destroys pretty much all of the Grasslands. But I think even then they were speculating.
Sasarai10
Forum Moderator

Post by Sasarai10 »

I think Leknaat would come in to stop him. I doubt she would let him continue. She didn't interfere because she knew that he would fail, and let him go on with his plan just for his own "satisfaction".

Well it's just my guess.
wataru14
Guide Writer

Post by wataru14 »

I don't know about that. Leknaat did nothing to stop him the entire game, not even her usual "advise the 108 Stars thing, so why would she start then? There's a whole other thread out there about why she didn't do anything, but my personal view is that she knew she wasn't strong enough to.

Luc himself says that his ritual will destroy the Grasslands and half of Harmonia. I don't remember if he mentions Zexen, but I would assume that they'd be nuked, too. Dunan might be affected slightly in the Matilda and Greenhill regions. Toran, Island Nations, and Falena would be unaffected (by the initial blast, at least). Depending on what actually happens during the ritual, there may be "nuclear winter," with dust and debris in the upper atmosphere. That we don't know. We also don't know how the balance of magic itself would be affected. If the True Wind Rune was destroyed, would that eliminate Wind elemental magic? The Suikoverse is an extremely magical universe. Would that cause damage to the fabric of their world? Luc says the world is only 1,000 years old. You don't reach that level of development after only 1,000 years without magic being heavily involved.
STARWIN

Post by STARWIN »

wataru14 wrote:If the True Wind Rune was destroyed, would that eliminate Wind elemental magic?
It has been a long time since I played these games, but one possibility I could imagine is that it would be more of a release of Wind magic than its disappearance. Didn't the True Fire rune go berserk at some point? Something similar.

Though there is the Dragon example that speaks otherwise, although in this universe we don't really know the truth from their words only.