Treasure Boss Respawn question

If you are stuck in the Flame Champion War; or wish for more details on gameplay issues, ask your questions in this forum.
knight85

Treasure Boss Respawn question

Post by knight85 »

Evening Ladies and Gents.

I'm in geddoe's 1st chapter and about go into the mountain path and i have a question about treasure boss monsters.

specifically what is the respawn time for treasure boss monsters?
gildedtalon

Re: Treasure Boss Respawn question

Post by gildedtalon »

It differs from area to area.

After you defeat the treasure boss, make sure you empty the treasure chest completely, if you don't empty it, the respawn time will be longer.
You must go back at least 1 screen to be able to respawn the treasure boss
Last edited by gildedtalon on Fri Sep 30, 2016 6:59 pm, edited 1 time in total.
My GameFAQs account now is SheenavsKilley
I already closed gildedtalon, my old account
knight85

Post by knight85 »

got it thanks

by my estimate the mount hei tou and mountain path bosses should both have respawned by now so i'm free and clear to do 2 more bosses before i end the chapter.

thankfully i was able to get an S statue from the mountain path boss and i'm gonna leave it in storeage until geddoe's 2nd chapter and put it on display before i finish the chapter for hugo to grab melville's dad billy in his 3rd chapter.

on a related topic.

can hugo pass through brass castle to zexen at the beginning of chapter 3? or will i have to wait until later? if i do then i might consider recruiting billy as chris instead.
gildedtalon

Post by gildedtalon »

I just read my old post and this is the respawn time that I recorded:
Treasure boss respawn time for
1.north cavern:35 minutes
2.mountain path:70 minutes
3.mt.senai:60 minutes
knight85

Post by knight85 »

much thanks.

at the moment i've saved in zexen (i went there to do some rune rearranging) so by the time i cross the forest and get to the blue manitix boss and then back to lake castle to store and deal with my loot. the mountain path boss will definately have respawned (it's been about an hour since i fought it neway)
knight85

Post by knight85 »

what about mount hei-tou what's the respawn time there?
gildedtalon

Post by gildedtalon »

Mount hei-tou is pretty fast like north cavern iirc.
Try checking after 40 mins and check every 5 mins if it still hasn't respawned by then
knight85

Post by knight85 »

between 20 minutes of grinding, going to the northern cavern to fight the chimera again and then i went to zexen to sell off the junk.

by the time i got back thru mount hei tou nearly an hour had passed.

now i'm in hugo's 2nd chapter getting ready to fight yuber
knight85

Post by knight85 »

ok so we have:

north cavern:35 minutes
mount hei-tou: 40 minutes (approx, i cant confirm the time either because it took me an hour to get back up there between different things i was doing with chris)
mountain path:70 minutes
mt.senai:60 minutes

that just leaves the flame champion's hideaway and the cyndar ruins bosses.

does anybody have any ideas on their respawn times?

i'm asking cause i'm gonna test a theory in chapter 3 on whether or not leaving the treasure bosses alone for longer than the respawn time will net me better items (i'm trying to get a lightning magic ring for geddoe and the mountain path chest is being stubborn cause i beat the rock golem twice already)

in the mean time i'm going to test a theory on whether or not the items in the boss chest are set when you enter the room or beat the boss. i already tried beating the boss and then saving and the items were the same every time. now i'm gonna test if they are the save if you enter the room by going in, then going back out and saving and then i'll fight the boss. note the items and do a soft reset and do it again (it'll help me when i'm trying to get a fire magic ring for hugo from the azzodess in chapter 3)
knight85

Post by knight85 »

ok ladies and gents i have good news

the items in a treasure boss chest are set AFTER you defeat the boss.

which means for places like the flame champion's hideaway. you can save before fighting the boss and if you dont get an item you like. you can just reset and fight the boss again to try for better items.

now i can proceed with my test to find out whether or not leaving the treasure bosses for longer than their respawn time nets me better items
Toasticles

Post by Toasticles »

I'm not sure what their times are but I would lean towards the 60 to 70 minute mark.

I know when I was running around before the end battle getting everyone leveled up to see just how good they all were and hunting for the best equipment for everyone all the bosses would respawn before I made a full circuit between all of them. Its a good idea to have a support with "Trade-In" in your party if you're going to do that though because hitting shops to sell off the loot can make it a much more time consuming process. Then again if you're hunting for rares you probably want to hit the shops anyway.