[Guide] Skills

A forum to ask people who have played the games about gameplay questions.
KFCrispy
Global Admin

Re: [Guide] Skills

Post by KFCrispy »

RPG Dueling League's extensive testing reveals some info about the skills and game mechanics (how evasion rate is calculated, anyone?): http://www.rpgdl.com/forums/index.php/topic,1269.0.html
I also have yet to go through the Japanese Official Guide that actually should give me all of the skill information...
gildedtalon

Post by gildedtalon »

Mintalia wrote:Jump increases a character's Jump by 1 (for example, give it to Akaghi and his Jump will become 4, instead of 3). It lets people get to higher ground more easily.
Akaghi can not learn Jump :evil:
My GameFAQs account now is SheenavsKilley
I already closed gildedtalon, my old account
KFCrispy
Global Admin

Post by KFCrispy »

i have the japanese guide out now and there are charts showing the effects of all skills... there are lots of pages to go through so i'll need help. will take pictures sometime. if someone just knows the japanese names for each skill i won't have to take awkward pictures and can just write everything down....
KFCrispy
Global Admin

Post by KFCrispy »

never really checked this before, but the Cross Counter skill only has some chance to perform the cross counter.. because Karl, without any equipment or rune to inflience doing a regular counter-attack, will often perform a regular counter and rarely a cross counter (actually i haven't even seen one yet with his Cross Counter skill at C)
Sasarai10
Forum Moderator

Post by Sasarai10 »

Is there any list about how many Swings (Battle Lust) each character can get? I've seen only Lazlo (5) and Kika (4) have the most so far.
KFCrispy
Global Admin

Post by KFCrispy »

we stopped caring about the animations because the important part was that the Battle Lust skill level affects damage output, not how many times a character hits during the animation.
Sasarai10
Forum Moderator

Post by Sasarai10 »

KFCrispy wrote:we stopped caring about the animations because the important part was that the Battle Lust skill level affects damage output, not how many times a character hits during the animation.
But more times = more damage no?

For example if a character hits once he/she deals 70 damage, when he/she hits thrice he/she will deal 210.
Antimatzist

Post by Antimatzist »

I'd need to check, but I hink the animation does not 100% reflect the skill's damage increase.
Wolkendrache
Forum Moderator

Post by Wolkendrache »

Battle lust increases damage. And something, either battle lust or weapon level affects the number of swings, but it doesn't matter because the number of swings doesn't affect damage.
The game would first calculate the damage, including all factors like enemy stats etc. Then, in the animation, the final damage is displayed depending on how many swings a character has. E.g. 2 swings: 50% + 50%. Kika is weird, it's like 30% + 20% + 20% + 30% at some point onwards.

Anyway, more swings = more damage? No!
If anything then: higher battle lust = damage displayed in more swings.
"Within the four seas, all men are brothers" Shuihu Zhuan
gildedtalon

Post by gildedtalon »

I once asked this to Wolkendrache about Kika who will always use Falcon in battle. Is Battle Lust useless for Kika?
Battle Lust always increases your physical damage even if you are using command rune
The animation doesn't matter, the physical damage you deal is still increased
My GameFAQs account now is SheenavsKilley
I already closed gildedtalon, my old account
Sasarai10
Forum Moderator

Post by Sasarai10 »

gildedtalon wrote:I once asked this to Wolkendrache about Kika who will always use Falcon in battle. Is Battle Lust useless for Kika?
Battle Lust always increases your physical damage even if you are using command rune
The animation doesn't matter, the physical damage you deal is still increased
That's very good to know. Thought it had to do with animations.
Wolkendrache
Forum Moderator

Post by Wolkendrache »

gildedtalon wrote:Battle Lust always increases your physical damage even if you are using command rune
Not when you're mounted...
I had Ameria (with battle lust S) mount a kangacorn and attack normally. She had 196 Atk. She did 196 damage (just coincidence).
Then I restarted the battle, dismounted her, and changed her equipment so that she had 196 Atk again. She attacked the same enemy and did around 350 damage.
It seems there is a factor of 1.8 missing in the first case, and that is battle lust rank S, I guess.
Sasarai10
Forum Moderator

Post by Sasarai10 »

Wolkendrache wrote: Not when you're mounted...
I had Ameria (with battle lust S) mount a kangacorn and attack normally. She had 196 Atk. She did 196 damage (just coincidence).
Then I restarted the battle, dismounted her, and changed her equipment so that she had 196 Atk again. She attacked the same enemy and did around 350 damage.
It seems there is a factor of 1.8 missing in the first case, and that is battle lust rank S, I guess.

But being mounted it appears you have increased power on the stats. Perhaps the game is wrong?
Wolkendrache
Forum Moderator

Post by Wolkendrache »

Yes, but that wasn't my point. Just wanted to show you that battle lust is deactivated while mounted.
Still, the stat increase is nothing compared to battle lust S.
KFCrispy
Global Admin

Post by KFCrispy »

i updated the description for Battle Lust :p