snowe can't be recruited, automatically executed

Ask any questions about the gameplay system within the Island Nation Wars here.
s21

snowe can't be recruited, automatically executed

Post by s21 »

got 107 stars and got the scene where snowe is found in the ocean, but somehow i was given no choice to recruit him and the game automatically executes him

after the scene where snowe got kicked out from razril, i also have no choice whether to recruit/exile/kill him, he was automatically exiled

although that choice appears on the pirate snowe scene, and i choose to recruit him at that point

no idea how this could happen, maybe some of my early snowe-related dialogue choices have something to do with this?

this is my second playthrough and in my first game years ago i have no problem recruiting him, does this ever happen to anyone else? i cant find any info about this on the internet

edit: actually before recruiting snowe, i had a lot of confessionals where i choose 'don't forgive' for fun, i thought this may cause the execution so i tried forgiving a lot in the confessionals, then i recruit snowe again and the game automatically recruits him (no choice given to execute snowe)

lol never thought those confessionals have an effect
veriaqa

Re: snowe can't be recruited, automatically executed

Post by veriaqa »

s21 wrote: edit: actually before recruiting snowe, i had a lot of confessionals where i choose 'don't forgive' for fun, i thought this may cause the execution so i tried forgiving a lot in the confessionals, then i recruit snowe again and the game automatically recruits him (no choice given to execute snowe)

lol never thought those confessionals have an effect
I think this is news. Definitely its news for me. Any one else know about this?
I've came with an army who loves death like Yours loves live.
Sasarai10
Forum Moderator

Post by Sasarai10 »

Lol,no way....i didn't forgive many of the characters (about half of them) and still it gave me a choice if i want to recruit him,or execute him.

It depends on the version probably...i've got PAL.
eldrasidar

Post by eldrasidar »

There shouldn't be any gameplay differences between PAL and the other versions. I have never heard of there being any affects from the confessions mini-game, but it would be an interesting thing to check out. I know I've barely ever engaged in it at all, so I haven't a clue. Given the whole game is based around the rune of punishment, it would be an interesting if poorly realized way of giving some depth to its role in the game. If it can effect Snowe's recruitment, it would be interesting to find out A: how many forgives/don't forgives does it take for you to automatically recruit or execute Snowe; and B: would you be able to recruit Snowe earlier if you've forgiven enough people by the second time you encounter him.
ralphyu

Post by ralphyu »

I also experienced the same issue when i replayed my save again, I also dunno what happened i just heard the sound of the sword. i just skip the scene and the choices pop up. Gladly,it popped.
~To defy Me is to defy the Sun~ Arsthat Falena
Virande

Post by Virande »

i also experienced the same issue

first time i skipped the scene and Snowe is executed, so i reload and didn't skip the scene and the dialog is pop... i think when you skip a scene, sometimes the game randomly selected the option. because so many option dialog didn't showed up when i skipped the scene, and mostly didn't affect the storyline...
Sasarai10
Forum Moderator

Post by Sasarai10 »

Wait a minute guys.....you get Keen (Confession Room guy) AFTER Snowe gets kicked out from Razril. So did this happen in a "New Game+" and CR choices have been carried on?
Antimatzist

Post by Antimatzist »

Sasarai10 wrote:Wait a minute guys.....you get Keen (Confession Room guy) AFTER Snowe gets kicked out from Razril. So did this happen in a "New Game+" and CR choices have been carried on?
What are you talking about? The last few posts were about the gaming chosing randomly the answers in dialogues if you decide to skip the scenes in NG+.
Sasarai10
Forum Moderator

Post by Sasarai10 »

Antimatzist wrote: What are you talking about? The last few posts were about the gaming chosing randomly the answers in dialogues if you decide to skip the scenes in NG+.

I see...but when you skip a scene don't you get stopped first when a dialogue choice occurs? If I remember well...
s21

Post by s21 »

When I got this issue few years ago, it wasn't on a NG+, and I was playing through an emulator

Maybe this could be an emulator-only glitch? When I first posted this 2 years ago, I didn't see any previous posts about this, yet now there are several posts about it

Maybe it happens since these days most people only play this game through emulator
Sasarai10
Forum Moderator

Post by Sasarai10 »

s21 wrote:When I got this issue few years ago, it wasn't on a NG+, and I was playing through an emulator

Maybe this could be an emulator-only glitch? When I first posted this 2 years ago, I didn't see any previous posts about this, yet now there are several posts about it

Maybe it happens since these days most people only play this game through emulator

Haha....no i still play it on my PS2 console.

Perhaps it is an emulator only glitch. I wasn't being "nice" most of the time (Like for example, I claimed I was brought the medicine to the commander, or I was always choosing the wrong choice first. Even if you were forced to choose otherwise most of times).