Is it possible to fund Suikoden VI from Kickstarter???

A place to post news and also give your ideas about the future of the Suikoden series.
Please justify all speculations with reasons why you think such an event could happen.
suiken

Re: Is it possible to fund Suikoden VI from Kickstarter???

Post by suiken »

So having a development team with a great reputation is gonna make a shitty game? If Konami announced that they will pitch a kickstarter without the old Suiko Team or Murayama involved, then they won't even get a dime. But if Murayama asked for donation for a "spiritual successor" with suiko team and for example, Nobuo Uematsu involved, then I will send them my money in less than a second.

It's not about companies ( don't care if it's Sony, Konami are involved), it's about the devs. Should Konami announced to make many shitty suikoden spinoffs and sequels, it won't have the same spirit of the old games. Just go look Final Fantasy. It just doesn't feel the same without Sakaguchi. Square Enix have been hit or miss lately while Sakaguchi continues to make good to great games (when will he make a console version of Terra Battle?!).

Shenmue 3 won't have the same quality of first 2 games, but with the creator involved, i'm assured that this game will be at least decent.
ENDmyinitials

Post by ENDmyinitials »

My whole problem with some of the replies within this post is how some of you guys are relying on a series which has been dead for years, and konami has done so much to prove that. Instead of waiting for people who don't care about their fans we must band together and make something happen. We can speculate and wish all we want but a Suikoden 6 by konami is million to one. However I suggest ripping Suikoden off and making a new successor out of Suikoden ideas or going behind konamis's back and making a Suikoden 6 or a Suikoden Demake. I honestly believe konami doesn't even care if a fan made a Suikoden 6 or a Demake. I mean if it turned out good maybe that might help them realize what they have and how much fans appreciate the series. But that's wishful thinking. I for one am not going to grow old waiting for konami. I plan to take action. I plan on finishing the Suikoden 4 Demake and maybe work on a Suikoden 6. I believe this series needs closure. If I was a good writing I would write a Suikoden novel starting after the events of Suikoden 3.
Neclord X

Post by Neclord X »

Code: Select all

However I suggest ripping Suikoden off and making a new successor
But I don't want a Suikoden successor, there is lot of RPG and tactical RPG to build armies and conquer lands, I want a Suikoden I want to see Yuber and Persmerga battle again, I want to see the remaining runes, I want to know Sasarai story. I don't want a game that is like Suikoden, I can have that in any momento, I want Suikoden.
ENDmyinitials

Post by ENDmyinitials »

Neclord X wrote:

Code: Select all

However I suggest ripping Suikoden off and making a new successor
But I don't want a Suikoden successor, there is lot of RPG and tactical RPG to build armies and conquer lands, I want a Suikoden I want to see Yuber and Persmerga battle again, I want to see the remaining runes, I want to know Sasarai story. I don't want a game that is like Suikoden, I can have that in any momento, I want Suikoden.
Then let us make SUIKODEN! I fully agree with you. I have a few stories outlined and I am ready to sprite!!! I am willing on using the new RPG maker and exporting it to the google store. Everyone here should learn how to sprite.
ENDmyinitials

Post by ENDmyinitials »

And if a SUIKODEN 6 fan game was to get fund. You could use the money to hire pixel artist and music people.
Sasarai10
Forum Moderator

Post by Sasarai10 »

So what if it's dead for almost a decade? Do they have anything to lose by making a SVI? No!

On the contrary it will be beneficial for them. See how many people are in the Suikoden Revival Movement.
ENDmyinitials

Post by ENDmyinitials »

That's still not enough people to make them invest in a suiko game... The only one who had the passion was the original creator. We the fans share the same passion as the cretor.
Sasarai10
Forum Moderator

Post by Sasarai10 »

So how "many" are needed? Some millions?
Antimatzist

Post by Antimatzist »

Several hundred thousand should be enough.
ENDmyinitials

Post by ENDmyinitials »

Like 8 000
Sasarai10
Forum Moderator

Post by Sasarai10 »

ENDmyinitials wrote:Like 8 000

Now SRM has around 28k ppl. Is it still a small number?
Antimatzist

Post by Antimatzist »

Sasarai10 wrote:
ENDmyinitials wrote:Like 8 000

Now SRM has around 28k ppl. Is it still a small number?
If everyone of them gave t least 50$ ina kickstarter campaign, it might suffice for a very minimal game (then you'd have simething like 1.5 Mio $). But it's very unlikely that every SRM follower would give that much, so you'd need many more followers to succeed in smething like that (not taking into account fans who like Suikoden, but are not part of the SRM)
ENDmyinitials

Post by ENDmyinitials »

If I was leading the kick starter I would use the little money to hire a music composer and a programmer. I would sprite everything.
Antimatzist

Post by Antimatzist »

ENDmyinitials wrote:If I was leading the kick starter I would use the little money to hire a music composer and a programmer. I would sprite everything.
And the story? A game is much more than music+graphics+gameplay. Especially since you'll need many programmers, each in charge of different projects. Minigames? Battle system? Overall interface?

A 40+ h RPG is definitely more work than 3 people could do (in a resonable timeframe).
ENDmyinitials

Post by ENDmyinitials »

Okay and you guys are people who are willing to invest time on something you want? There are great writers on here and other who are willing to give up there time to help. It's hard finding a music maker and programmer. And a programmer would make mini games andall of the above possible. I can sprite all I want but it doesn't mean I'll be able to make all the suikoden features without a programmer.