Story skip bug + keep Shoon in party

A forum for people who have played the game concerning the Sun Rune War to answer gameplay questions.
KFCrispy
Global Admin

Re: Story skip bug + keep Shoon in party

Post by KFCrispy »

hey random, the time you experienced the glitch, did you do it from a brand new game or a New Game+?
gildedtalon

Post by gildedtalon »

random wrote:Which cutscene. Also curious I Did this on a new game plus.
My GameFAQs account now is SheenavsKilley
I already closed gildedtalon, my old account
pyrobunta

Post by pyrobunta »

Maybe opening the disc tray when going past them will work. If I'm right by opening the disc tray the cutscene will not trigger.
KFCrispy
Global Admin

Post by KFCrispy »

i doubt it. the game would likely freeze waiting for the disc because it knows to load the cutscene when you step on a certain spot on the map.
LCC

Post by LCC »

I recreated this skip by using a menu buffer to walk through the event trigger. It's a bit wonky, but you can hold a direction while in the menu, exit, then quickly hold the menu button again to inch your way through triggers. This won't let you go through loading zones that are blocked by plot though.

Exiting the forest dumps you outside sol falena and you can start eastern palace events as normal. Shoon stays in your party for quite a while but eventually leaves when your party is cleared prior to going to Agate Prison. There are probably other areas you could make use of the menu buffer, but for now i'm going to play through as normal to see if any crazy stuff happens.