Dragon Age Inquisition

A forum for non-Suikoden games.
Calvin

Dragon Age Inquisition

Post by Calvin »

Has anybody else played this game yet?

For those that don't know, Dragon Age Inquisition is the third game in the Dragon Age Series created by Bioware. Its high fantasy and set in an original world. I've been very impressed with this game so far. In fact, the game reminds me quite a bit of Suikoden; In the game, you play a character who, through circumstance, acquires an ability that leads other to believe you are some sort of religious prophet, or "chosen one." The world at the time is in turmoil due to a war between two groups and the death of the religious leader. Eventually, you become the leader of what is known as the Inquisition, an organization whose role (at least in the beginning) is to restore order. You eventually receive our own headquarters which you can customize. Its all very political and amazing. I am enjoying it very much.

The game is also enormous, in both geographical area and content. I am about 30 hours in and I just got my headquarters. From what I've read, Bioware stated that if you just breezed through the main story content, you could finish it in 40 hours or so, but there is upwards of 200 hours worth of content in the game. Anyways, as I said the parallels to Suikoden are pretty striking; it almost seems like a modern spiritual successor to what Suikoden is (at least, to what Suikoden is to me). So far it is a character driven political piece of storytelling involving a "chosen one" leading an upstart organization to counter the chaos in the world.
mackevin06

Re: Dragon Age Inquisition

Post by mackevin06 »

I've played it a little bit. I was so excited to get it. I've been impatiently waiting for it since it was announced (2 years ago?). I got it at a midnight release Monday night and so far, I've only been able to play for about 6 hours :( But it's a good game so far. Massive. I'm a little disappointed in the graphics, after all the screenshots and videos I've seen online up until release, but that's probably because those were advertising PS4/XBOXONE, while I only have it on PS3. Still, it feels like they cut back the graphics compared to DA2. But oh well. I love it so far. Just wish I had more game time! And it's nice to travel with Varric again! :)
patapi
Forum Moderator

Post by patapi »

Skyhold? The Mark? The politics? Definitely not Suikoden-like at all.

That aside, we are still debating whether this is worth getting for a last gen system. Apparently even the PC release is glitched as heck.

I miss the good old patch-free days when companies would actually publish complete games on release day.
Calvin

Post by Calvin »

I can't speak to the PC or third gen versions, but I have it on PS4 and the game is beautiful, especially the environments. On more than one occasion I've stopped and just surveyed/admired the landscape. That said, there are a few glitches you'll see here and there. I had a character move inside another character at one point, and on a few occasions the "cameraman" chose an awfully funny angle when I was talking to an NPC. Twice I was talking to an NPC, made a selection to speak, and it took the game maybe 10 seconds for anything to happen.

To my mind, they are minor issues, but issues nonetheless.
patapi
Forum Moderator

Post by patapi »

Yes, it seems the majority opines that PS4 is the best platform for the title. I'm glad to hear they have improved significantly environment-wise from all the recycling nightmare that was Kirkwall back in Dragon Age II.
Oppenheimer
Global Admin

Post by Oppenheimer »

I have it and might start it this week. I was busy playing the 12x experience for Star Wars The Old Republic since inquisition came out. Really looking forward to it though. The reviews are very favourable.
Oppenheimer
Global Admin

Post by Oppenheimer »

It is a lot of fun. A tiny bit glitchy but still worth playing. It's improved over DA2 in every way. The only step back is how poor the inventory micromanaging is.
Neclord X

Post by Neclord X »

I began it yet (ps4) the battle system is more close to the DA2 than I thought. Aside of that...I really coudln't play much, I expended most time of the day in character editor XDDD I created like 7 characters and at the end I gave up and created a Shepard with scars and tatoo,

The character editor is great, but as other great character editor I wish it come with more presets.
Neclord X

Post by Neclord X »

I reached the castle, now I see why did you open the thread.

"With...a goat" Best DA momento ever.
Oppenheimer
Global Admin

Post by Oppenheimer »

I bought the expansion Fangs of Harkon or whatever but I find it really hard, I had to turn difficulty down to casual, but I guess I'm level 18-19 and it's for level 20, even so. I didn't find it very good.
Swordsman

Post by Swordsman »

Still waiting for my PC overhaul before getting this game.

Sad that Leliana can't be romanced.