Hugo's Father

Hypotheses for, and analyses of, the various Suikoden characters.
Aerolithe Lion

Re: Hugo's Father

Post by Aerolithe Lion »

No, I know what you're saying, but it's as likely as any other Suikoden character then. He could be anywhere in the world at that moment, as could hundreds of other characters, which drops the likeliness dramatically
Noraibah
Banned User
Location: Kuala Lumpur[ Kota Kinabalu, Sabah ],Wilayah Perseketuan,Malaysia

Post by Noraibah »

My theory is that Lucia came back to Highland or Dunan and met Riou. Eventually they bonded and started a romantic relationship. Then they probably got married in the Dunan fashion. That's how Hugo was born.
I love this forum............to death.I think dying is normal.Just ignore me!
suiko2fan2
Guide Writer

Post by suiko2fan2 »

If other people can put forth stupid suggestions like Riou or Jowy as the father then i bet it's Lazlo!! Or not!

Seriously, I was playing suikoden III and ch 2 of Hugo when Lucia mentions his father and was thinking. When he gives Hugo his black hair tips and that he was someone we met in suikoden 2 and according to Lucia he was "fine man". My main bet would have to General Hauser. He's got black hair, same race Lucia if that mattered to her, he's a great man and real solider and warrior probably her type. He was down in Tinto for awhile during the war, which isnt far from the Grasslands at all... guess it as good as anyone else speculation...my second guess i'd probably put my money on Han Cunningham...those choices are aleast semi-logically compared to some of the answers i read in this thread...lol
I will establish one mighty nation in this land. A single, powerful nation, born of force and wielding force. That is the one and only way of freeing this land from war.

Best Suiko FanFic:
www.fanfiction.net/s/5194891/1/The-Puni ... of-the-Sun
the_punished

Post by the_punished »

I haven't actually played Suikoden 2, I also know this reply is about a year late but still thought I'd post it anyway. Is it by any chance possible that Pesmerga may have been Hugo's father? Lucia does say his father "was" a good man, and after 2 Pesmerga was never seen again. He also has black hair. I suggest this also because Pesmerga is also an Engima within the series similar to Jeane and Viki so this could also back the idea of why its all hush hush... on the final note... Pesmerga or "He who chases death" could have passed on the trait to Hugo...who also seems to have an incessant need to fight Yuber at every meeting. Just my two cents.
Wolkendrache
Forum Moderator

Post by Wolkendrache »

suiko2fan2 wrote:My main bet would have to General Hauser.
All I know is that Hauser had a crush on Lucia. Here's the scene that proves it:
http://www.dailymotion.com/video/x41ndy ... ruck_music

Even though I couldn't spot Suzu (Chaco's grandma), I love how Hauser tells her to turn up the guitar at 3:35.
"Within the four seas, all men are brothers" Shuihu Zhuan
Willster328

Post by Willster328 »

Always assumed it was Geddoe. In the S3 manga there's even lines that allude to Geddoe looking after Hugo "as if he were his father" and some other subtle lines about their relationship.
Sasarai10
Forum Moderator

Post by Sasarai10 »

hey have you ever considered the possibility of Zegai being Hugo's dad? Notice they also share the same star...also they have similar skin-color and blonde-hair as well. Maybe Zegai has Karayan roots.
He could have traveled north after the war ended...i doubt he'd stay for the rest of his life in Lunas' woods
PenguinGod

Post by PenguinGod »

Very late to the topic, but I have a firm belief that Georg Prime is the Father of Hugo, he fits every bill of what we know so far and if i am not mistaken, he was a revered hero to the grasslands as well.