Just watched the new Hercules (Dwayne Johnson) movie

A forum for non-Suikoden related topics.
Neclord X

Re: Just watched the new Hercules (Dwayne Johnson) movie

Post by Neclord X »

sticky-runes wrote:I just watched Pompeii on DVD. That was another let down. I can understand them turning it into a gladiator movie mixed with a disaster movie, but the eruption scenes were tedious and unconvincing, and the fight scenes should have been bloody. The docudrama that the BBC made was much better.
What really annoyed me from that movie was the expresionless main character, but wasn't as expresionless as his focking hair. HELL! the hairstyle didn't move an inch in all the focking movie.
sticky-runes

Post by sticky-runes »

Keither Sutherland's accent was awful. He sounded like John Lithgow's character in Cliffhanger. I could not take him seriously as a villain at all.
And the volcano looked really cartoony, like they hadn't actually researched volcanoes, they just animated it to look how people imagine them.
Neclord X

Post by Neclord X »

Do you want to suffer for real? Try the Hércules movie. Not the Dwayne Johnson one, I'm talking about the one released last year. "The Legend of Hércules" I think it was the title...I swear for the sacred testicles of the minotaur, I wished to die just to stop watching that abomination. :lol: My sister has a fur toy that looks more like a lion than that movie's lion :?

Also if you like the theme try the british series Atlantis, is not something that I would qualify as "good" but is fairly entertaining and its particular vision of Hércules is worth of watching, the actor who interpretates him does a great job.
sticky-runes

Post by sticky-runes »

You mean the Kellen Lutz version? No I haven't seen that and don't intend to. I might watch it when it comes on TV, but I don't think I'll bother paying for it.

I watched the pilot episode of Atlantis and thought it was horrendous. A fat old Hercules who goes on about being a hero and then wusses out every time there's danger.

I still think the Kevin Sorbo TV series is one of the better takes on Greek Mythology I've seen. It's not accurate by any means, but it's entertaining and a decent fantasy series that doesn't take itself too seriously.
Neclord X

Post by Neclord X »

You mean the Kellen Lutz version? No I haven't seen that and don't intend to. I might watch it when it comes on TV, but I don't think I'll bother paying for it.
Yeah...don't, YOU should be paid for watching it. :lol:
I watched the pilot episode of Atlantis and thought it was horrendous. A fat old Hercules who goes on about being a hero and then wusses out every time there's danger.
The series get better as it progress.
sticky-runes

Post by sticky-runes »

I just plain don't like British attempts at fantasy and sci-fi, even though I am British. This includes doctor who, king arthur and that sinbad series that was on Sky a couple of years ago. They're just drab and lifeless and full of awkward acting. We're good at period dramas, but if it comes to anything with a bit of action and adventure, I'd rather watch the yanks do it.
Neclord X

Post by Neclord X »

I still have the Sinbad series in the backlog