Best returning characters

Ask questions about the personality and backstory of the multitude of characters in the Suikoden series.
BelcootLymOTP

Re: Best returning characters

Post by BelcootLymOTP »

Wolkendrache wrote: Zerase, Raura – no age problems, can always return
Should I add Zerase instead of Bryssa?
*Knock Knock* Who is it? Your DOOM! Don't say your doom! Who answers the door for their doom? You're right.
Basket of Puppies!
Wolkendrache
Forum Moderator

Post by Wolkendrache »

Sasarai10 wrote:But Richard still searching for Mueller? I think Mueller will be retired by 471,and Richard could have matured as well. Richard would be in his late 30s by the time,i don't think he still be Mueller's fanboy it will look weird :lol:
He matured. He got the message that Mueller has fallen in battle on another continent, so he sets off to avenge his death and/or visit his grave. That's what I had in mind.
Sasarai10 wrote:No way,if Pete travells with Lorelai and Killey then Pete would be like their kid,because by S2 events they had around 20 years difference...and Zweig was more like their dad during S5 (he was 40 and Lorelai and Killey were 16 and 18 respectively)
Who says they travel together? Sindar explorers are usually competitive, not cooperative. Pete could own Lorelai's (Kirke's) weapon, somehow Sindar explorers always change their weapons.
BelcootLymOTP wrote: Should I add Zerase instead of Bryssa?
You can add anyone as long as you have convincing reasons for these characters to return. I hope you're a good story-teller, otherwise it will become silly. Characters shouldn't return just because they were awesome once. You have to be especially careful with characters who were important back then, while a return of unimportant characters like Sydonia, Eilie or Shoon are not much of a problem imo. Allow me some comments, maybe some are worth to give some thought...
Riou, Jowy: They succeeded in reuniting, their story finished with a beautiful ending, so can you really continue their story without destroying anything?
Kyle: We know and (maybe) love him as kinda childish womanizer. Do I want to see a 45 year old matured Kyle? And if he's still the old Kyle at 45, it's silly (actually it's Wilhelm).
Georg: We know him as the best swordsman out there. At age 51 he should be a little rusty, do I want to see a rusty Georg? Still being the best at that age is a little implausible.
Frey, Lyon: I can't think of any good reason for them to travel far away from Falena (and Lym).
Chibian (location): Sounds strange, can mean "eat shoot" in chinese.
Max age 55: Why?
Max returning characters: S2 had twenty something iirc. Since in this case we have more games to draw characters from, I'd say around 30, but not more than 40 imo.
"Within the four seas, all men are brothers" Shuihu Zhuan
sticky-runes

Post by sticky-runes »

Wolkendrache wrote:
Sasarai10 wrote:No way,if Pete travells with Lorelai and Killey then Pete would be like their kid,because by S2 events they had around 20 years difference...and Zweig was more like their dad during S5 (he was 40 and Lorelai and Killey were 16 and 18 respectively)
Who says they travel together? Sindar explorers are usually competitive, not cooperative. Pete could own Lorelai's (Kirke's) weapon, somehow Sindar explorers always change their weapons.
I don't think the Halberd is a good choice for treasure hunters. The whip I can understand because it's a classical Indiana Jones type weapon that can be used to get out of death traps and stuff, so I could imagine adult Pete using a whip, or perhaps a dagger or pair of daggers so he can have a duel with Killey. And if he has a team of treasure hunters, one can be a young mage, like Alanis, or a scholar type like Alhazred, and one can be a mapmaker like Rene.
BelcootLymOTP

Post by BelcootLymOTP »

Wolkendrache wrote:Riou, Jowy: They succeeded in reuniting, their story finished with a beautiful ending, so can you really continue their story without destroying anything?
Kyle: We know and (maybe) love him as kinda childish womanizer. Do I want to see a 45 year old matured Kyle? And if he's still the old Kyle at 45, it's silly (actually it's Wilhelm).
Georg: We know him as the best swordsman out there. At age 51 he should be a little rusty, do I want to see a rusty Georg? Still being the best at that age is a little implausible.
Frey, Lyon: I can't think of any good reason for them to travel far away from Falena (and Lym).
Chibian (location): Sounds strange, can mean "eat shoot" in chinese.
Max age 55: Why?
Riou isn't important, it was mainly Jowy meeting with Pilika and his never before seen daughter.
Kyle is more mature. His star credits say he came to the northern continent for a peaceful life, so I took advantage of that and said he was searching for Georg. The two are quite close, as they do have a co-op.
Georg is no longer the best, but he is good. I thought he could tell us about his time in the ebony moon knights from the grasslands.
Frey and Lyon also show an interest in going north, to see all the places Georg talked about, and if you check my other topic "New Queens Knights" we're talking about how Lym would be protected if Frey was not there (for whatever reason)
*Knock Knock* Who is it? Your DOOM! Don't say your doom! Who answers the door for their doom? You're right.
Basket of Puppies!
Sasarai10
Forum Moderator

Post by Sasarai10 »

BelcootLymOTP wrote:
Perhaps, if he's still alive. I'm counting max age as 55, although for most it will be max 50. Tink about this when you post new characters.

Also tell me maximum returning characters you want so that I dont overdo it

He was 27 in S2,so he'll be around 10 years older by 471.

I already said that i wanted to see Yuber as a Tenyu star,since we have Pesmerga. It'd be nice to see those 2 in the same army,and have a Unite attack together
BrucePrintscreen

Post by BrucePrintscreen »

In another thread I said that I very much loved Lotte as a character, and I would really like to see her coming back, with more experience, as the strongest mage in the game.

We also discussed how, with her love for cats, she could have a unite with a new Nay-Kobold character (seeing as they only appeared in SIV so far, it would have to be a new character), and I very much love this idea.
BelcootLymOTP

Post by BelcootLymOTP »

Since Sasarai10 is the only one of you giving clear suggestions I'll add Yuber. Sorry BluePrintScreen but I already had an idea for the Chiku star. :(

I noticed no-one has actually asked me about the characters or towns, please do :!:

Also could you guys actually fav or comment on my work especially if you want a pending character to become set coz I really would like to get some more of my art out there. :cry: Perhaps check out some other featured art and tell me about it, even if you dont know what it is. :mrgreen:
Basket of Puppies!
Sasarai10
Forum Moderator

Post by Sasarai10 »

Oh thanks dude! :!:

I'd like to see Black Dragon Island how would look like.

Btw,Tenken,Tenzai,Tenpai are a trio...do you have anybody in mind?

I'd say about Eilie,Rina and Bolgan....especially Bolgan,i'd like to see how he ended up since he started studying in S2.

edit: i'd love to see Bolgan taking over as the librarian of the castle. :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:
sticky-runes

Post by sticky-runes »

BrucePrintscreen wrote:In another thread I said that I very much loved Lotte as a character, and I would really like to see her coming back, with more experience, as the strongest mage in the game.

We also discussed how, with her love for cats, she could have a unite with a new Nay-Kobold character (seeing as they only appeared in SIV so far, it would have to be a new character), and I very much love this idea.
I'll design a game with Lotte as a matured sorceress, and instead of a cutesy little merchant like the S4 characters, the Nay Kobold will be a hulking barbarian type cat warrior, kinda like Fu Su Lu, but with massive claws insted of axes. And Mina will still be around because she's like a supernatural cat that lives many lives in many different eras and can travel between worlds and stuff like Viki, which is why she's always going missing.
Wolkendrache
Forum Moderator

Post by Wolkendrache »

BelcootLymOTP wrote:Riou isn't important, it was mainly Jowy meeting with Pilika and his never before seen daughter.
Kyle is more mature. His star credits say he came to the northern continent for a peaceful life, so I took advantage of that and said he was searching for Georg. The two are quite close, as they do have a co-op.
Georg is no longer the best, but he is good. I thought he could tell us about his time in the ebony moon knights from the grasslands.
Frey and Lyon also show an interest in going north, to see all the places Georg talked about, and if you check my other topic "New Queens Knights" we're talking about how Lym would be protected if Frey was not there (for whatever reason)
Please don’t get me wrong, I don’t want to discourage you in any way. You’re poll is fun and interesting, but it’s actually a list of characters that people find most awesome (hence a lot of Tenkai and their right hands there). However, it seems you have a whole framework for a project, or you’re about to do some storytelling for a Suikoden 6. In that case, I would rather make a poll asking “what characters would make sense to appear in the northern continent in 471?” Some in-depth consideration should lead to a better story than just a wish list of fangirls and fanboys.

Exactly that is my feeling, that your reasons for letting characters return is “their awesomeness“. Kyle appears because he went to the northern continent, but to me it sounds like your location is the northern continent because of Kyle, and Georg appears along with him because he had a Co-op attack with him. I’m as well curious what Georg has been doing in between, but I’d rather want to know it from another character or an old book than from an inferior and misplaced Georg.

However, the biggest problem is the return of former Tenkai stars. If you’re about to make them SoD, you are forced to have them change their star, which also applies for Lyon, because she’s not the bodyguard of the new hero. In other words you’ll have to break the rules (characters don’t change their stars). There was a lot of debate about the Vikis from S3 and Tomo, even though they were unimportant in comparison! Again, I don’t want to discourage you from making a project, I’m just trying to warn you of making a Suikoden 2.5 or 5.5. Read the “Suikoden 2.5” thread in the fanwork section and you’ll know what I mean.

So my idea for Jowy fans would be this: Have Pilika and Jillia (and the child you’ve mentioned plus maybe a bodyguard) be recruitable stars in search of Jowy. They join you in hope of getting more information and having access to the more dangerous locations of that country. Establish something like the Clive and Elza story, so you have to get information at various locations in time to continue the matter. As a reward, you get to see the reunion of Jowy, Jillia, Pilika, Riou and Nanami. Then, if you wish, you can make (some of) them game breaking non-stars like Tir in S2. On a sidenote, I’ve never cared for Clive’s story, but the above reunion would be worth a hectic playthrough imo. I’m not sure if I would do it as mentioned, but I definitely wouldn’t go further than this.
Sasarai10
Forum Moderator

Post by Sasarai10 »

you can have Jowy,Pilika and Jillia as SoD and make Riou and Nanami non-stars :idea:
Wolkendrache
Forum Moderator

Post by Wolkendrache »

Then tell me the background story which serves as the justification for making Jowy join as star and Riou and Nanami as non-stars, although they travel together. :?: Pointing out suggestions is much easier than writing a solid story.
Sasarai10
Forum Moderator

Post by Sasarai10 »

Wolkendrache wrote:Then tell me the background story which serves as the justification for making Jowy join as star and Riou and Nanami as non-stars, although they travel together. :?: Pointing out suggestions is much easier than writing a solid story.

that's simple...Jowy wasn't a SoD before but RIou and Nanami were. They'll be more like bonus characters just like Tir in S2.

Since Pilika is a SoD here,then Jowy could be one as well. But i guess he could fit more as an optional character and find him somewhere in a mountain do training. I guess we could give the Tenjyu star to Jowy since that was Nanami's star
Wolkendrache
Forum Moderator

Post by Wolkendrache »

Indeed, that's simple, too simple.
For now, I've got the feeling that this project will be grilled by critics, so hopefully the OP makes some reconsiderations...
Sorry in case I'm taking it all too serious :|
BelcootLymOTP

Post by BelcootLymOTP »

Rina, Eilie, Bolgan-love to have them back too but I'm using those stars as the men who separated Ichhorn :|
Fearsome Nay-Kobolds-Kit is a leopard one with twin axes :evil: , Sir Quattus is a pirate who fights with his claws and the fish rune (I'll explain later) :arrow:
Wolkendrache-Please stop with the lectures :roll: :roll: . I'm only doing this for fun. I get what you mean about the poll, I can change that, but no, I didnt choose the northern continent because Kyle was there, I chose it because there was unused land which I wanted to use. If you dont want Kyle and Georg, comment on Deviantart. None of the previous tenkais etc are stars, just cameos, only Jowy was intended to be playable at all, not a star like Tir in 2. Thanks for the bodyguard idea, plus what you suggeted with pilika is what I had in mind anyway, tied with the save transfer.
I dont care about critics, I only started this topic because I wanted ideas for my artwork.
Basket of Puppies!