Which Suikoden final boss is the toughest to beat?

Ask questions about the personality and backstory of the multitude of characters in the Suikoden series.
darkknightkv

Re: Which Suikoden final boss is the toughest to beat?

Post by darkknightkv »

For me it had to be Suikoden 3's end boss. Maybe I just did not understand the fight but eventually I just had to say screw magic and went all physical attackers and two healers.

One and two were pretty easy. In suikoden 1 I had such strong and powerful magic attacks, he was a one or two kill boss. In suikoden 2 the physical attacks were so powerful that he was even easier.

In Suikoden 4, he changed colors so you at least knew what to expect.

I am not to the end boss of suikoden 5 yet...Soon I think...very soon.
Sasarai10
Forum Moderator

Post by Sasarai10 »

This one in S4. The first time i played the game,it seemed impossible for me,to get through this. And when i won,i was really in ecstasy....hahaha :P :lol: :mrgreen:
ralphyu

Post by ralphyu »

Wait wait wait, so the giant tree for you guys is the hardest boss?! I have the hard time beating the boss in suikoden 2, i really got irritated with the status effects, but with SIV, I use Lazlo and snowe unite, and damage around 2000 plus. and some couple of magics from ted(support and offensive).
P.S. I Will know after i played S3 and S5. haha. As of now, beast rune for me.
~To defy Me is to defy the Sun~ Arsthat Falena
wataru14
Guide Writer

Post by wataru14 »

After 15 years, the Silver Wolf still gives me trouble. If I didn't check the guidebook to learn the legs' elemental weaknesses I never would have been able to beat it.
ralphyu

Post by ralphyu »

Yeah, that beast rune is really tough, even my characters were around 50 plus, it still gave me hard time to win.
Jocky

Post by Jocky »

I reckon if you were to leave Richard, Zerase & Ernst out of the last battle in SV you might find that the boss is a lot harder than you remember! I've never gotten to the last boss in 3, yet, but I'm playing it now with the intention of doing just that! I thought 1 was fairly easy. 2 wasn't hard per-say but without the proper protection his status attack move can be a horrible finger of doom for your party! As for 4 i thought that the tree was fairly average, again like 1. So in conclusion, I reckon that the boss in 5 is probably the 'hardest' but the boss in 2 is definitely more 'difficult' if you lose your party members to the barrage of weird and wonderful status moves!
ralphyu

Post by ralphyu »

I agreed with you, same here, i still playing S5, and it will take me long time to reach the boss. I'll give my feedback about S5 boss. S3 boss is hard also, my brother has the hard time beating it.
freshmetal

Post by freshmetal »

Looking back, the only one that I struggled with was the Wind Rancor on SIII. All of the other were pretty easy.
PSN: FreshMetal80
AlOnZo

Post by AlOnZo »

I've been playing through the series again and dispatched the first two incarnations with ease. Previously I would use a lot of powerful magic characters to do so, but this run through I decided on physical characters for the first two. The Beast Rune was still pretty simple with Riou's healing spells, Double-Strike and Friendship stuck on him. Unreal damage.

Suikoden III was a different story... I had only played through this once before many moons ago so the battle system still felt new to me. I actually struggled early on in the Geddoe chapters which was frustrating. The self-damaging Fire Rune and the Rune Skill System also aided to this. Anyway, the Wind Rincar took me at least 7 turns and 3 party changes to defeat. The Water Rune and Earth was by far the most frustrating part of it. When I finally got my breakthrough though Hugo and Fubar done the damage on it and finally... Success!

Suikoden IV I am now playing through and if memory serves me correctly I remember the Giant Tree being a total pain in the gluteus. Far off that fight the now so I'll reserve judgement for now.

Suikoden V I cannot even remember this boss fight... I'm gonna say it was reasonable thanks to the return of the six party system. I'll get back to you in a couple of months. :lol:
Rachael

Post by Rachael »

The Wind Rune Incarnation always manages to kick my butt at least once. I used to lose badly to Giant Tree, too, until I finally figured out that if you heal each round and equip your characters with Guard Rings, you should be fine. This most recent time I actually beat him on the first try.

The final bosses of I, II, and V have always been easy for me. The statuses inflicted by the Silver Wolf are annoying, but for the most part they're not fatal, and it seems to enjoy piling them all on one person. I don't even know what half of them do.
"F*** you, I'm a goat." -Yohn