coming to social and mobile platforms in Japan in 2014

http://i.imgur.com/doZsW38.jpg
http://i.imgur.com/fUPm8gq.jpg
http://i.imgur.com/fUqpaTO.jpg

And there it goes, the last tiny bit of faith I had in humanity
sticky-runes

Re: Breath of fire 6 announced

Post by sticky-runes »

I didn't like BOF4. Haven't played dragon quarter yet.
Punkaiser

Post by Punkaiser »

BOF 4 is so so while I kinda dislike 5. But may very well try out this new game since it will be released for PC browsers anyway.
Antimatzist

Post by Antimatzist »

Dragon Quarter is one of my favourite games of all times. I liked III, liked IV in some way more and in some less. The first is pretty solid for its time, the second has a great story, but I dislike the gameplay. Still, BoF is maybe my second most favourite rpg franchise.

Now this... when I read it yesterday, at first I was "WHAT BOF VI?" then "WHAT? ONLINE SMARTPHONE TABLET BLAH?" Really, why? Why does it need to be a numbered title? Can't it be BoF Online or something? That'd be fine with me.

Also, Capcom is unsure to bring this to west up to now.
Oppenheimer
Global Admin

Post by Oppenheimer »

Yeah, this is weird for the platforms it's supposed to be on. I heard it's also browser based? We'll see how it turns out but I don't have much hope.
Raww Le Klueze
Global Admin

Post by Raww Le Klueze »

News like this make me sort of happy that I never was a fan of the Breath of Fire series, or I'd probably be crushed right now. I do like 2, or at least I did when it came out but I don't think I ever finished it and 3 and 4 never did it for me and I never tried Dragon Quarter.
Doctorum Non Urina Singulus.
sticky-runes

Post by sticky-runes »

BOF3 was the first one I played and it's one of my favourite RPGs. BOF4 had some improvements in combat and the master and apprentice system, but I thought the story was dreary, the graphics were drab and ugly, and the characters were dull.
Neclord X

Post by Neclord X »

Punkaiser wrote:BOF 4 is so so while I kinda dislike 5. But may very well try out this new game since it will be released for PC browsers anyway.
Nope, its just for pc browsers with pc with touching screen technology, not any pc player.
Antimatzist

Post by Antimatzist »

sticky-runes wrote:BOF3 was the first one I played and it's one of my favourite RPGs. BOF4 had some improvements in combat and the master and apprentice system, but I thought the story was dreary, the graphics were drab and ugly, and the characters were dull.
yep, BoF IV's gameplay was superior to III and improved on it, but the graphics looked dull and the story was so-so. I love Fou-Lou though.
Neclord X wrote:
Punkaiser wrote:BOF 4 is so so while I kinda dislike 5. But may very well try out this new game since it will be released for PC browsers anyway.
Nope, its just for pc browsers with pc with touching screen technology, not any pc player.
Is this sure? I'd say they also have a functionality for a normal pc.
gildedtalon

Post by gildedtalon »

I still never finish Dragon Quarter, I find it really hard. Never played the rest of the series
My GameFAQs account now is SheenavsKilley
I already closed gildedtalon, my old account
Punkaiser

Post by Punkaiser »

Neclord X wrote: Nope, its just for pc browsers with pc with touching screen technology, not any pc player.
I doubt about that, PC has the mouse to replace the touch.
On NDS emulator for example, we play with mouse for the kinda game that requires a stylus : The world ends with you, Legend of heracles .etc.
Neclord X

Post by Neclord X »

Punkaiser wrote:C has the mouse to replace the touch.
On NDS emulator for example, we play with mouse for the kinda game that requires a stylus : The world ends with you, Legend of heracles .etc.
Antimatzist wrote: Is this sure? I'd say they also have a functionality for a normal pc.
May be you are right, still is a big letdown a sequel was waited so much goes for phones (even you can play it on pc) instead for consoles
patapi
Forum Moderator

Post by patapi »

At least Suikoden hasn't resorted to using a "numbered sequel" to sell spin-off titles...

Or maybe it's only a matter of time.
Neclord X

Post by Neclord X »

No, thanks God, it just resorted to using a "non numbered sequel" to sell spin-off titles...

XD
sticky-runes

Post by sticky-runes »

To be fair, BOF doesn't have a mythology like Suikoden. You get different incarnations of Ryu and Nina in all of the games, and recurring races and cameo appearances of certain characters, but it's always a different world with very loose connections between games, whereas the main Suikoden games are always strongly connected. But if Konami came up with a game called Suikoden 6 which is set in a completely different world with nothing to do with runes, then that would suck flaps.