The Last Remnant

A forum for non-Suikoden games.
Punkaiser

The Last Remnant

Post by Punkaiser »

Can't seem to find the old thread anymore so I create new one.

There's a rumour going on this week about PS3 version of this game is being reconsidered after it got canceled 3 years ago.

I love PC version of TLR and noticed how much it has improved from the Xbox version, just wondering if any of you also like this game or do you care about its PS3 release if the rumour was true?
Oppenheimer
Global Admin

Re: The Last Remnant

Post by Oppenheimer »

I bought this game and found the battle system interesting. But I found the plot boring and obtuse and the side quest stuff pointless so it wasn't enough to hold my interest.
Punkaiser

Post by Punkaiser »

I agree, TLR story is just as shallow as S4 if I have to make a comparison, I only love this game for its innovative battle system and the number of possibilities of customization. (Well, perhaps because I like the Saga series, so when there's a game with similar system and much better graphics, just can't ignore it).

You may already know, a normal game wikia usually balance between plot/characters background and mechanics but TLR's is very special, you mostly only find mechanics guide all over the place, that's a sign to notice how TLR weights heavily toward gameplay.
Angra

Post by Angra »

I really enjoyed this game. It may not have the most original storyline or best presentation but I had an a overall great experience. You guys are right about the game play it was really entertaining and unique, one of the few games i had to really think hard about my strategy when fighting bosses.

It may just be me but I found the back-story/lore of the game to be fascinating. Such as who placed the remnants in the world and what was their purpose? I would have also loved to have seen some remnants in action that never were used, such as the god emperor's remnant.

anyway back to this rumor? That's is really interesting! Where did you hear/read this rumor? If its true that's really cool I hope they would add more to plot, especially the ending, to help flesh out the story more.
Punkaiser

Post by Punkaiser »

I read some articles on Internet which claim that SE put TLR in 2013 gamelist on their japanese website
Square Enix have been quiet about TLR, that is until they updated their website and listed TLR as a 2013 release along with Final Fantasy XIII Lightning Returns, Final Fantasy XIV: A Realm Reborn and Kingdom Hearts III
Sources:
http://www.push-start.co.uk/all/platfor ... ng-to-ps3/
http://www.enixorigin.com/is-the-last-r ... g-for-ps3/
http://www.gamergen.com/actualites/the- ... 13-84467-1