Suikoden Revival Movement

A forum for all general Suikoden related topics.
killerslime

Re: Suikoden Revival Movement

Post by killerslime »

Makonuchi wrote:More like you're spamming my facebook page too much i need to do something about it because i don't want it to bury MGS rising news..that's what happened.
Come on people lets call SRM a day, look what we are doing to this poor guys facebook page...

LMAO is this dude for real GTFO!
Makonuchi

Post by Makonuchi »

killerslime wrote:
Makonuchi wrote:More like you're spamming my facebook page too much i need to do something about it because i don't want it to bury MGS rising news..that's what happened.
Come on people lets call SRM a day, look what we are doing to this poor guys facebook page...

:roll:

Moron.

Facebook is another way of marketing, and on that time when people were spamming facebook Konami was heavily marketing/advertising MGS rising on their front page. They basically wanted to make it an MGS rising "page". So my point is that, whatever generic response SRM gets from konami was just an effort to make sure Facebook attention is not diverted to suikoden and fully focused on rising.

It's a legit concern. When i'm trying to market a specific product, i dont want people to keep on reminding about something else.
Warcrown

Post by Warcrown »

Bah, as some SRM members have likely heard me say before, MG SUCKS. I wish Konami would bury that franchise and revive Suikoden. Honestly, I could probably live off Suikoden and nothing else.

But thats just my opinion(though its the only one that matters ;)) so I digress.

And if you don't want us cluttering your newsfeed and distracting you from MGS news, why don't you ignore us? Plus, I really don't think a single post from the SRM every once in a while would really take up much space, still leaving room for MG news.
Antimatzist

Post by Antimatzist »

@Warcrown: Can we please leave out the insults and stay calm? And I doubt any of us ever said that MGS sucks. I only played one game of the series and liked it.

@Makanouchi: Of course, Konami is investing not only in the gaming market (as I pointed out already, social media gaming is becoming one of their biggest income bringers), but that's not really the point. If they don't want to participate anymore in the vidoe game market, that's ok, but I doubt that this is the case. On the other hand, they don't even try anymore to hide that the only good games they can make (and are willing to put money into development) are MGS games.

And it's debatable if they answered us because we were a pest or not. Either way, our Fb comments did not get in their way of promoting the games, that's totally unrelated, we mostly made wall posts. Take for example Konami EU - we also tried to get to them via fb, but they just ignored us. I think it's a good sign that the real Konami page did chose to not ignore us.
Also, add that we got response from Konami UK via twitter as well that they'll look why Suikoden (and II) are not on the EU PSN.

I understand that you think that we'll have no influence whatsoever, and I can understand it. I don't know if we'll ever get Konami to do something right, but I definitely think it's worth the try, as it has never been tried before. I love this series too much to not give a damn.
Piisuke

Post by Piisuke »

Makonuchi wrote:
killerslime wrote:

:roll:

Moron.

Facebook is another way of marketing, and on that time when people were spamming facebook Konami was heavily marketing/advertising MGS rising on their front page. They basically wanted to make it an MGS rising "page". So my point is that, whatever generic response SRM gets from konami was just an effort to make sure Facebook attention is not diverted to suikoden and fully focused on rising.

It's a legit concern. When i'm trying to market a specific product, i dont want people to keep on reminding about something else.

You know, you don't have to like the SRM, but riddle me this: why in the blue hell are you posting here then? Just leave it if you don't like it. I never understand people that go out of their way being negative about something and ensure everybody knows about it.

And wall posts do not get in the way of promoting anything. Do you even know how FB works? By default you won't see any wall posts, only posts made by Konami. You'd have to click on a fancy button saying you want to see user posts in order to see what people wrote.

We're talking about Konami the videogame developer here, not Konami the company that makes Yu-Gi-Oh cards, or Konami that has gyms.
As a developer they're not diverse. Any IP they had is gone, apart from MGS. They only recently tried to revive Castlevania, which ironically, they buried themselves.
Makonuchi

Post by Makonuchi »

@Animatirizt

That's exactly my point animatirizt, they have enough investment and projects not related to gaming to be able to afford concentrating on three or four games.

@Pissuke

it Really has nothing to do with what shows on their page, rather, Konami themselves having to look at repeated suikoden messages. That equals work, I'm sure. Why would you want to limit konami to that though? surely if konami as a whole performs better on other projects then it could definitely affect konami videogame developments negatively/positively.
Hirathien

Post by Hirathien »

Ok for whatever reason this is, it feels like I have to step in as the voice of reason and it's not a good look for me, I assure you.

I think it's safe to say that all of us on this forum like Suikoden I to V, some might even like Tierkries and that new game. That's fine. Now we have this group of people who's taken it on themselves to try to get Konami to make another major installment or at least shed some light as to why there's none being revealed. Then, they also want to give us Suikoden I and II on PSN, maybe even Xbox marketplace.

And now, I see fans of the same series, bitching and moaning, about what? Facebook? Konami? Suikoden? Each other? Guys, you're all fans of this franchise, that should unite you, not divide you.
KC_MCDOHL

Post by KC_MCDOHL »

I have to agree with Hirathien here.

We are all fans of the same series. There is no need for division. We are united in trying release the classic entries on digital distribution, worldwide, i.e. Steam, Andorid, PSN, XBLA and iOS. With other goals on our agenda also, in essence, we want to revive the Suikoden series and pave the way for an eventual Suikoden VI.

As Piisuke says: if someone doesn't want to take part, that's fine. But there is need for division. We are all Suikoden fans at the end of the day.
Xelinis

Post by Xelinis »

Makonuchi, you do realize that we don't do the Facebook, Twitter, and Email spamming campaigns anymore, right?
LogaN

Post by LogaN »

I HOPE Suikoden VI will be Realese as soon as can...

~_~!..
Ernst

Post by Ernst »

Guys!

So check this out! https://mobile.twitter.com/shahidkamal/ ... 6769356801

He's asking which JRPGs Sony should localise. They're actively looking for JRPGs for the Vita. THIS is the guy to swamp surely!

I don't really say much on here, but I appreciate all your amazing efforts from afar! 7000 likes! That's incredible!

EDIT: Would be good if you could get this on the Facebook page (I don't have Facebook). A campaign to vote Suikoden on the #JRPGVITA hashtag could well get us what we've been waiting for. I noticed the movement's favourite Kotaku writer, Jason, has also reached out to the guy.
Last edited by Ernst on Fri Jun 07, 2013 8:58 am, edited 3 times in total.
AbdullahS

Post by AbdullahS »

LanceHeart

Post by LanceHeart »

Shahid has also favorited quite a few tweets pertaining to Suikoden and has replied to some of them as well. I think we have a silent fan on our hands.
Formerly known as: Gothann
Antimatzist

Post by Antimatzist »

LanceHeart wrote:Shahid has also favorited quite a few tweets pertaining to Suikoden and has replied to some of them as well. I think we have a silent fan on our hands.
From what I've seen, he retweets almost every answer to this question, so we shouldn't interpret too much in this.
LanceHeart

Post by LanceHeart »

No, there have been quite a few thousand tweets on that hashtag. He specifically singled out Suikoden among others in his favorites.
Formerly known as: Gothann