Suikoden Revival Movement

A forum for all general Suikoden related topics.
Xelinis

Re: Suikoden Revival Movement

Post by Xelinis »

Rooks wrote:Seeing as how Suikoden I and II were released on Android, I doubt that Sony is holding an exclusive on the games.
Suikoden I & II are not available on Android, unless you've chosen to play them via a PS1 emulator. They are available on some standard mobile phones however. The market for games on non-smartphones has always been pretty big in Japan.
LanceHeart

Post by LanceHeart »

Rooks wrote:I just checked and found some Konami games on the Steam platform. Does anyone know when this happened? because I could have sworn that there were no Konami games there when we started the SRM.

In any event, this is likely to change our strategy a bit, as Steam could be a great platform for re-releases of the Suikoden titles. Seeing as how Suikoden I and II were released on Android, I doubt that Sony is holding an exclusive on the games.

Can anyone give any details as to how the Mobile Ports of the games in Japan differ from the PSone releases?
Konami has had games on Steam for quite a while. I bought some early last year, IIRC.

As for mobile ports, know that Android hasn't had Suikoden 1 and 2 yet. Also: the feature phone games seemed to have less intense visuals than even the PSOne games. Haven't seen screenshots of them in a while, though.
Formerly known as: Gothann
Rooks

Post by Rooks »

Oh? I thought it was Android that they were released for. . . well, silly me. Konami only has a few games on Steam, like Silent Hill Homecoming and Battle: LA. The real issue is whether of not Konami is bound by console-exclusive clauses for the Suikoden games, as this would prevent them from being released onto Steam.

Clearly, Suikoden I was also released for Sega, so no problem there, I do not think. Suikoden II and later is another issue. Also, Konami's presence in PC gaming is minimal at best, as I believe I said before. There are other digital PC platforms like GOG, as well, which differ slightly from Steam, and may make a more attractive platform for the games. Though the individual certification processes could end up being a real pain.

Still thanks for the info everyone, we are likely to add other digital platforms to the movement until we hear decisively from Konami about their possible exclusive issues. . . which is likely never.

Also, Jim Sterling over at Destructiod covered us today! Check out the article: http://www.destructoid.com/fans-petitio ... 6132.phtml
LanceHeart

Post by LanceHeart »

I'd like to mention, re: Destructoid, that you should always ignore that Stealth guy in the comments. He's literally the embodiment of a cross-site troll and has a little thing for often taking a contrary stance against anything Jim Sterling posts. Excel is a close second, but he has very specific things to hate (this movement being one of them, much like Operation Rainfall).

As for PC: Konami likely has no more restrictions on its games. After six years since Suikoden V's release and a year into the PS2's official retirement from Sony's active lifecycle, Konami is now free to re-release every single PlayStation game (except the latest PSP game) on any platform they choose. That is, of course, provided they actually put the effort into porting the games onto different platforms. Considering how hard and costly that can be at times (even for PS2 Classics), keep pushing for at least Suikoden and Suikoden 2 on worldwide PSN.

Konami has a great presence in social and mobile games in Japan. They were recently named the second largest company in the world in that sector.
Formerly known as: Gothann
blood_angel

Post by blood_angel »

Joined already!
KC_MCDOHL

Post by KC_MCDOHL »

blood_angel wrote:Joined already!

Thanks! :D
freshmetal

Post by freshmetal »

WOW, already up to nearly 3000 likes. That's awesome!
PSN: FreshMetal80
KC_MCDOHL

Post by KC_MCDOHL »

Just hit 3000 now :)

While this is good, I am still really annoyed at Facebook. There are an easy 10,000 fans we should have started off with but Facebook is being really error prone when it comes to building our audience. So I wont be happy until we reach the 10,000 we should have started off with.

But, I cant be too negative. Without Facebook, the movment probably would not have go off the ground. Not on this scale anyway.
Antimatzist

Post by Antimatzist »

At least it's one of the biggest movements in Suikodne history and maybe the biggest SUikoden site on Fb by now?

Just looked it up, a petition to bring Suikoden III to Europe has 3,400 signatures, so we have to beat that one in order to call ourself biggest Suikoden movement ever, lol.

But I think it's getting better now, with online magazines advertising our cause. And like online journalism works, everyone just copies the news of other sites, so it spreads even faster. :D
Natsume

Post by Natsume »

I've liked its page a few months ago. xD
Figo710

Post by Figo710 »

I've also liked the page and I'm extremely happy on how much progress the movement has made so far. With over 3000 likes in the course of 2 months is pretty darn great! Go Suikoden!!
Antimatzist

Post by Antimatzist »

We started campaigning again.

Yesterday it was E-Mail Monday, today Twitter Tuesday. So please join our efforts. :)

(tomorrow, it will be write-in Wednesday with actual physical letters and then Facebook Friday)
Xelinis

Post by Xelinis »

Hey, so I know that you guys talked to Operation Rainfall in the past. Why is SRM not part of their campaign hub?
Antimatzist

Post by Antimatzist »

Xelinis wrote:Hey, so I know that you guys talked to Operation Rainfall in the past. Why is SRM not part of their campaign hub?
Ryan/Rooks was in contact with them but he's been busy and seriously ill the past weeks and couldn't keep up. Sooo.. we just need to write a starting article, basically, and then we're in.
KC_MCDOHL

Post by KC_MCDOHL »

Yeah, some things are taking longer than expected. Due to unforseen circumstances, unfortunately. But we had a good start :)

You can see us in the 'coming soon' section on Operation Rainfall.