Aldo is Windy.

In-Depth topics that fail to give reasons for their hypotheses.
luc skywalker

Aldo is Windy.

Post by luc skywalker »

If there is one character in Suikoden 4 that I find strange, its Aldo. Then I made a hypothesis and observed the game while its progressing and I believe that Aldo is Windy.

First and foremost, in Suikoden 1, when Ted met Windy in Gregminister, Windy didn't said that "for 300 years, I have not seen you." She Said that "for 300 years you have not changed a bit." That can leave room for interpretation that she was just describing the appearance of Ted and that she's not implying that she haven't seen him for 300 years.

Now on Suikoden 4...

1.) I can figure out why some of the characters where in their location when they were recruited, but I can't understand why Aldo was in Hermitage Islands. Maybe he was searching for Ted in the Islands Nations and seeing as there was this Hermitage Islands, figured that Ted might be there.
2.) On the ship, in the letter box, Ted said that Aldo looked kinda familiar. When I read that and looked at Aldo, the only person relevant to Ted's statement was Windy. There is some kind of resemblance..
3.) Aldo always had the curiosity about Ted and his rune. I thought first that he must be gay or something but when I think about Windy's obsession in the Soul Eater, it adds up to my hypothesis. Try to review his comments in the letter box and his statements while aboard the ship..
4.) After the game, Aldo is said the die mysteriously. Maybe he tried to take the Soul Eater away from Ted and it killed him..
All in all, Aldo is just too much interested in Ted and his rune for him not to be windy..

There will be of course questions on how did Leeknat not sense her sister aboard the ship. My answer will be that Windy is powerful enough to control someone's body (Ted in Suikoden 1).. maybe she controlled her own body not to emit her aura for her sister Leeknat to sense her.. That is my conclusion..
Antimatzist

Re: Aldo is Windy.

Post by Antimatzist »

Ok, is this serious?

1) I always believed Aldo was not a very social guy and preferred the nature over civilization. Of course this raises the question why goes on the ship.
2) Puzzles me, but I'm sure he'd recognize Windy
3) It is more or less implied that Aldo might have feelings for Ted, but that could also just be a very strong friendship. I'd say he's just interested in Ted and his secrets because he wants to establish a bond.
4) The Soul Eater kills people very close to the bearer, so they have to be friends by then. The Soul Eater didn't kill Windy even though she wanted to take it from Tir with force.

Really, I don't see this. He's just a strange character.
freshmetal

Post by freshmetal »

I second everything Antimatzist says on this one.

To add to 2), If Ted felt that Aldo was familiar, I think it may because Aldo reminded him of Tir, who he met when he first received the Souleater. Aldo was the only "friend" that Ted found in his 300 years, so maybe Ted was reminded of Tir's gentleness/compassion. Ultimately, allowing Aldo to get close to him resulted in Aldo's untimely death. That's just my thoughts though. Who knows, maybe Aldo is an ancestor of Tir, well, no, he died without having kids. lol.

As for Windy and Aldo being the same person, there's one HUGE obvious problem with that. Aldo's a guy, Windy is a woman. Case closed. Good job, gang!
PSN: FreshMetal80
Lemmy Claypool

Post by Lemmy Claypool »

Moving to Unjustified Theories.
Sasarai10
Forum Moderator

Post by Sasarai10 »

No way. In Aldo's ending is mentioned,that he is dead,and S4 took place 150 years before the first Suikoden,plus in Aldo's profile you can see his birth date:

http://www.suikosource.com/chars/list/i ... char_id=96

Windy's birth date was unknown,but the sure thing is,that she was born way before Aldo.

Aldo was just a guy who wanted to be friends with Ted,probably because both of them were archers,but Ted avoided him,because of his Rune. I don't know if he is gay or not,as some people say,but that theory is way more possible than Aldo being Windy.
veriaqa

Post by veriaqa »

I believe beside Aldo is Windy, Ted is Leknaat, Tir is Hikusaak and Luc is Yuber. Its all make sense if you think about it very deeply. Why again they appearing in the same game of Suikoden 1? They just want to have a reunion. Hikusaak ordered Luc and Sasarai to attack Gate Rune Clan village because he hates the two gay incest sister, and Luc and Sasarai enlisted the super gay hater Yuber to help them. But after all that years, they just want to have a nice freakin reunion. But Hikuusak didnt believe it, so all the event in Suikoden 1 happened.

This is not unjustified theory. Its only a super genius theory to complemented the super genius luc skywalker's theory. Congrats Sir on your pure geniusesnesmnsens....

I cant even spell geniusensenns because of your geniusensensss :(
I've came with an army who loves death like Yours loves live.
luc skywalker

Post by luc skywalker »

freshmetal wrote:I second everything Antimatzist says on this one.

To add to 2), If Ted felt that Aldo was familiar, I think it may because Aldo reminded him of Tir, who he met when he first received the Souleater. Aldo was the only "friend" that Ted found in his 300 years, so maybe Ted was reminded of Tir's gentleness/compassion. Ultimately, allowing Aldo to get close to him resulted in Aldo's untimely death. That's just my thoughts though. Who knows, maybe Aldo is an ancestor of Tir, well, no, he died without having kids. lol.

As for Windy and Aldo being the same person, there's one HUGE obvious problem with that. Aldo's a guy, Windy is a woman. Case closed. Good job, gang!

What do you mean that Ted was reminded of Tir when he met Aldo? At that time, Ted did not yet met Tir..Suiko 4 was 150 years before Suiko 1.. And if you remember the vision of Ted's past in Suikoden 1 (the village of the hidden rune) its clear that there's no one who resembles Aldo than Windy..
Punkaiser

Post by Punkaiser »

luc skywalker wrote: What do you mean that Ted was reminded of Tir when he met Aldo? At that time, Ted did not yet met Tir..Suiko 4 was 150 years before Suiko 1.. And if you remember the vision of Ted's past in Suikoden 1 (the village of the hidden rune)
You answered your own question, dude.
Before his adventure, Ted met Tir the 1st time during time travel incident in S1.(300 years prior to S1)
After that, he started wandering and end up in the the Fog ship as stated in S4 and then 150 years later, he met Aldo and everyone.
And even if Tir wasnt the person Ted referred to, It's not necessarily be windy neither (why not cleo, viktor, neclord, yuber? LOL, since he met them too) or that could possible be an open idea for konami to introduce another piece of story about a new character he met during his adventure earlier.
luc skywalker

Post by luc skywalker »

Punkaiser wrote:
luc skywalker wrote: What do you mean that Ted was reminded of Tir when he met Aldo? At that time, Ted did not yet met Tir..Suiko 4 was 150 years before Suiko 1.. And if you remember the vision of Ted's past in Suikoden 1 (the village of the hidden rune)
You answered your own question, dude.
Before his adventure, Ted met Tir the 1st time during time travel incident in S1.(300 years prior to S1)
After that, he started wandering and end up in the the Fog ship as stated in S4 and then 150 years later, he met Aldo and everyone.
And even if Tir wasnt the person Ted referred to, It's not necessarily be windy neither (why not cleo, viktor, neclord, yuber? LOL, since he met them too) or that could possible be an open idea for konami to introduce another piece of story about a new character he met during his adventure earlier.

well I thought that was just a vision of what happened to Ted 300 years ago.. It was just a memory or vision of Ted 300 years ago that Tir and the others went to.. It doesn't really mean that Ted had that memory when he was in Suikoden 4.. If it was the case then that answered some of my questions..
Punkaiser

Post by Punkaiser »

It would be a vision only if all that Tir group can do was to watch, but as we see very clearly that they could interact with everyone, everything normally, and they would even be able to change history if they decided to bring the young Ted along to their present. So that was definitely time travel.
Hirathien

Post by Hirathien »

Uhm... I doubt it. Neclord don't say anything about seeing them back there, neither does Windy nor Yuber. Heck, even Ted doesn't say anything about it.

Seems more like they could just watch and observe, make it feel like they were there but they weren't.
Punkaiser

Post by Punkaiser »

I wonder if I could remember any random boys and girls after 300 years lol. I just recall that Yuber would have attacked the group if Neclord didnt come in time to ask him to do some errands for windy.
Last edited by Punkaiser on Wed Sep 26, 2012 5:45 am, edited 1 time in total.
Raww Le Klueze
Global Admin

Post by Raww Le Klueze »

Hirathien wrote:Neclord don't say anything about seeing them back there
Neclord says that they look familiar when you confront him in the castle.
Doctorum Non Urina Singulus.
freshmetal

Post by freshmetal »

Raww Le Klueze wrote:
Hirathien wrote:Neclord don't say anything about seeing them back there
Neclord says that they look familiar when you confront him in the castle.
I always assumed Neclord was referring to the encounter at Warrior's Village, but yeah, The group was able to interact while in the past. Ted's Grandpa asked them to look after Ted, and then they told Ted that he was going to have to be strong by himself for a while before returning to the present.

As someone else said, Ted was young and the incident was brief so he couldn't be expected to remember Tir and company perfectly. All he probably remembered were some kind strangers that acted as if they knew him already, but no details. This is probably why when Aldo enters the picture and reaches out to Ted as a friend, he's reminded of Tir. 150 years later, it'll happen again when he meets Tir for the second time (not realizing it's the same person from 300 years earlier).
PSN: FreshMetal80
Raww Le Klueze
Global Admin

Post by Raww Le Klueze »

If the people he fought in the Warrior's Village a mere few hours earlier are so vague in his memory that they only look "somewhat familiar" I don't think we need to wonder why he doesn't remember people from 300 years ago.
Doctorum Non Urina Singulus.